Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

We've just sold Shaw, Lallana, Lambert and Lovren - it would take a brave man to say we want to push on for certain......would make him look slightly foolish. It will take a lot of spending to even get us to the same level as last year, let alone better.

It was a realistic statement which should be read as that. Time to take any stupid Top 4 or European ambitious out of peoples head's, for now. Next season is all about consolidating.

Utterly agreed, there has already been talk about the next 5 year plan, namely organic growth to European football. Clearly there has been a lot of upheaval which acts as merely the first step. Out with the old batch and in with the new. Morgan and Fonte to be the survivors from the previous regime that carry on the journey.

FC Twente just posted this on Twitter

[video=youtube_share;gH3R9iYOPck]

That got my heart going a little bit, but you can see straight away the difference between Eredivisie defenders and the types he'll be facing in the Premier League. Glad he likes contact.

That got my heart going a little bit, but you can see straight away the difference between Eredivisie defenders and the types he'll be facing in the Premier League. Glad he likes contact.

Be interesting to see how Johnson, England's best right back copes.

“We now look forward to bringing in more players because we want to continue and maybe even better what Southampton did last season.”

Nooo. I don't believe that. I can't believe that. We were told we lack ambition so it can't be true

I'd like to publically thank Adam Lallana for being a true Saint and stepping aside so that greater talent can take his beloved club to a higher level than he was able to deliver himself. The club was being so naive that Adam even threw his relationship with the fans away to give us a clear path to success. I see that Lovren is attempting to do the same to give us a clear run at signing Da Vrij, what a hero those scamps are. Anyway, my point is, thanks for stepping aside Lallana. (although it was more of a Cruyff turn out the door to be honest...should've seen it coming really.)

From OS:

Dušan Tadić said: “It is a really nice feeling to sign. This is a really nice club of which I have heard a lot of good things about.

“I have already seen the beautiful training centre and there are lots of nice people that work here including the coaches so I am really happy to be here.

“I watched a lot of [southampton’s] games last season and saw that the club plays really nice football which will suit me because I like to play in the same way.

“The manager obviously knows me from the Dutch league so, when he called me and told me his plan, it was an easy decision to make.

“I know the manager well because he is one of the biggest Dutch legends in football – everyone knows him.

“He is a really good coach and you can always expect his teams to play well because he is leading them and because he is so good tactically. I am really excited to start playing for the club.”

First Team Manager Ronald Koeman added: “It was very important to get this signing done – not only for me, but for the rest of the squad and for our fans. It’s fantastic news.

“We’ve lost some good players but we want to continue the ambition and philosophy of the club, so it’s a great signal to have brought in our first player.

“He’s a great player. I know him very well from Holland, where he had a great season last year.

“We now look forward to bringing in more players because we want to continue and maybe even better what Southampton did last season.”

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/08072014-statement-southampton-football-club-signs-dusan-tadic-1727227.aspx#UyrXaw0KeeHICEM4.99

Well I would have preferred him to say that he spent last season wishing he was playing for saints......................:D

Well happy with this just getting a player coming in has lifted the gloom a bit. Sounds (and from the few the video clips I've seen) like a very good signing hopefully he will be and excellent replacement for Lallana.

I like in the interview where the dude says describe how you play for those who don't know you and he says it's not something he likes to do he has to show it out on the field and work hard in training to prove it.

Not up his own arse yet but look at 1yr Dejan.

Yo so which shirt number will this guy be wearing? Will he get Billy Sharp's number 8?

No squad numbers assigned at all yet according to Jim SFC media

Jim Lucas @Jim_SFCMedia

@chapelkate @TheFalseLibero No squad numbers decided yet.

Edited by Convict Colony

We've just sold Shaw, Lallana, Lambert and Lovren - it would take a brave man to say we want to push on for certain......would make him look slightly foolish. It will take a lot of spending to even get us to the same level as last year, let alone better.

It was a realistic statement which should be read as that. Time to take any stupid Top 4 or European ambitious out of peoples head's, for now. Next season is all about consolidating.

Agreed

Great, great news. Welcome Mr. Tadic.

Getting this one over the line - the first signing after the nightmare of the last month - was very, very important. It reverses the percieved decline in the clubs direction.

Looking forward to building on this, and very excited in Guan's little revelation. Get our business largely done by the end of the month, and we have a fighting chance to do something this season stilll.

Well Done SFC. A real shot-in-the-arm. Adam who ???

Getting this one over the line - the first signing after the nightmare of the last month - was very, very important. It reverses the percieved decline in the clubs direction.

Looking forward to building on this, and very excited in Guan's little revelation. Get our business largely done by the end of the month, and we have a fighting chance to do something this season stilll.

i like positive alpine!

I give up. Uppers? downers? WTF?

See, this is why I like Alps, golden moments like these where he actually gets excited and proves he's a fan :)

Has to be post of the day