Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

Once the second part of the medical is completed today he will be announced. No idea on shirt number, he was at Marchwood yesterday, where he agreed his contract which I believe has since been drawn up ready for the photo shots.

The quote I was given "expect the dominoe effect".

Hope we don't run out of watches.

For anyone questioning the transfer fee here's a bit of perspective - Fulham have just paid £11m for Ross McCormack. ELEVEN MILLION BRITISH POUNDS STERLING! Football has gone mad. Still it shows what a bargain Tadic is for €13m (can throw in Snodgrass for £8m for comparison as well)

Once the second part of the medical is completed today he will be announced. No idea on shirt number, he was at Marchwood yesterday, where he agreed his contract which I believe has since been drawn up ready for the photo shots.

The quote I was given "expect the dominoe effect".

article-2297141-01D051CC00000578-433_306x423.jpg

WOW from £17.75k a week to £53.25k - didn´t Twente manager said he would tripple his wages joining Saints.....

This assumes the wage figures in Football Manager are accurate. I would suspect not. Wouldn't be surprised if he was on £40-45k with us, that seems about par for the PL these days.

Nice bit about Tadic here http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/five-eredivisie-stars-who-could-light-premier-league

Especially like this part. Tadić combines the refined passing capabilities of Wesley Sneijder with the bravery and dribbling skills of his fellow former Groningen player, Arjen Robben, and much like the aforementioned in their final seasons in Holland, it looks like Tadić has simply outgrown the Eredivisie.Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/five-eredivisie-stars-who-could-light-premier-league#CDXqoGzAPc40Ps8M.99

Nice bit about Tadic here http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/five-eredivisie-stars-who-could-light-premier-league

Especially like this part. Tadić combines the refined passing capabilities of Wesley Sneijder with the bravery and dribbling skills of his fellow former Groningen player, Arjen Robben, and much like the aforementioned in their final seasons in Holland, it looks like Tadić has simply outgrown the Eredivisie.Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/five-eredivisie-stars-who-could-light-premier-league#CDXqoGzAPc40Ps8M.99

Seems like we´re his dream club too ;)

Piazon as well please.

Great article. The "Why you need to know him" paragraph does it for me. Bring on the new season if this does finally get announced!

Crosses! Beats a man and crosses it. Blimey!

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Graziano must be wetting himself with the thought of playing with this guy !!!

If we can retain much of our possession play from last season, including some of the well worked goals through the middle, but also add the ability to go wide and cross for some good headers, then I think we can actually improve our end product.

Lallana was fantastic for us, make no mistake, but our play was very central and we were often frustrated by a resolute rearguard action. Full backs provided some width but there still weren't that many crosses, and when there were, quality was not consistently high.

By varying our play a bit more, and sometimes being a bit more direct (in terms of getting it wide, beating a man and crossing, not 'long ball) we can put more pressure on opposition at times when possession alone is not looking penetrative.

As a result, I think Tadic and Pelle under Koeman, could be better for the overall team progression than Lallana and Lambert under Pochettino would continue to be.

This is pure speculation, I was very happy with our play under MoPo, but the lack of variation could be frustrating at times. Clearly this will take time to develop, but I can see how we might become more effective in front of goal if we get these guys in.

If we can retain much of our possession play from last season, including some of the well worked goals through the middle, but also add the ability to go wide and cross for some good headers, then I think we can actually improve our end product.

Lallana was fantastic for us, make no mistake, but our play was very central and we were often frustrated by a resolute rearguard action. Full backs provided some width but there still weren't that many crosses, and when there were, quality was not consistently high.

By varying our play a bit more, and sometimes being a bit more direct (in terms of getting it wide, beating a man and crossing, not 'long ball) we can put more pressure on opposition at times when possession alone is not looking penetrative.

As a result, I think Tadic and Pelle under Koeman, could be better for the overall team progression than Lallana and Lambert under Pochettino would continue to be.

This is pure speculation, I was very happy with our play under MoPo, but the lack of variation could be frustrating at times. Clearly this will take time to develop, but I can see how we might become more effective in front of goal if we get these guys in.

I totally agree. Players like Tadic I hope will allow us to break down teams and cut through some of the tika taka under MoPo that Spurs fans will grow tired of in about 23 minutes.

This assumes the wage figures in Football Manager are accurate. I would suspect not. Wouldn't be surprised if he was on £40-45k with us, that seems about par for the PL these days.

Paging MLG to defend FM, paging MLG to defend FM...

You're right. We'll be very lucky if Tadic is as good as Lallana as a player, but it might be that Koeman's team, with his own personnel, works better than Pochettino's did in the final third last season. Maybe.

You're right. We'll be very lucky if Tadic is as good as Lallana as a player, but it might be that Koeman's team, with his own personnel, works better than Pochettino's did in the final third last season. Maybe.

Indeed, comparing player with player achieves little other than justifiying certain points of view. What matters is how the team overall performs. We are clearly not going to be as cohesive a team at the start of this season as we were at the end of last season, but who's to say what will develop in time?

he was at Marchwood yesterday, where he agreed his contract which I believe has since been drawn up ready for the photo shots.

They don't actually sign the real contract for those photo shoots do they? Taking pictures of the real thing would be too risky, with nutjobs zooming in to read the detail. It always looks like a random piece of blank paper to me.

Dusan, Dusan, he's our man, if he can't do it...

...we'll flog him to Liverpool for 3 times what we paid.

I'm home from work at about 4:15pm. An announcement at 4:20pm would be delicious.