Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

That'll do for me! Welcome to Southampton, Susan!

Is that a typoo?

Umm, that wass a typo.

So was that.

It'll be nice to get this first signing over the line. Maybe the powers that be will get a liking for it and keep doing it. Like an addiction. An addiction to signing players. Just like anyone that plays FM ever.

Excellent, looks like a good player. Hope we can keep Ramirez and get the best out of them both. Great creative options. Now for more pace and firepower.

Blind, Caulker, Vlaar, Pelle, Ings, Tadic, Redmond.

That'd make me happy, even if we lose Morgan and Lovren I think overall the squad would be as strong as last year. All feasible except Blind I imagine. I like Vlaar, he seems an old fashioned defender, plus it would really annoy Villa fans.

Work with a villa fan, can't speak highly enough about Vlaar.

Here's another one:

Enschede - The transfer of FC Twente player Dusan Tadic to Southampton is around. The clubs have come to an agreement and the player has been given yes to the Premier League club. As is known, Ronald Koeman, the star player of FC Twente wanted to add to his squad.

Southampton pays an amount between 14 and 15 million euros for Tadic.

The Serbian winger is currently already in England. If he successfully completes the medical examination tomorrow (Tuesday), he will then put the signature on the contract with the English club. Tadic may possibly already anyhow Wednesday for the first time at Southampton.

Tadic finally played two seasons for FC Twente. Before he came to the Netherlands in action for FC Groningen.

He doesn't appear to have any tattoos.

Does the the club have their own official tattooist? Ginger Toms in Bedford Place would be an excellent choice. Apparently, Cortese sent Lovren there to have the Champions League trophy inked on his foreskin.

Excellent, and given the way things have been going, an easy opportunity to make yourself a bit of a hero. Never known someone who has been more wanted by the fans. Yes slightly desperate, but not accepting any old player for the sake of it. And hopefully a real boost for Koeman as well, what with the board going and getting his main target (and I hope I am not speaking too soon here).

So I'm back from 5 a side and it's done. Clearly that non-smiley faced post about handing my season ticket back was enough to kick Saints into action to get the deal over the line.

I'm taking the credit for this one.

Very decent signing by the looks of things, hopefully first of the many required. Hopefully these instalments don't lead to a difficult financial situation for the new board to manage!