Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

I had a weekend in Liverpool once. Ended up in the once famous Grafton Ballrooms. The people there are all really funny and like laughing at their own jokes. I also liked the photos of the dole inspectors on the walls of the pubs in Kirkby.

The women were really chatty, but they speak a funny language up there that involves them spitting at you when they're trying to get a sentence out.

They also think they all knew The Beatles, before they got famous (the point when they left the sh*thole behind, at the very earliest opportunity). Bill Shankly has also personally visited each and every one of them in their homes.

Alas Wade, I'm the man that's about to provide a bit of context to your visit. From the exaggerated tone of your account, which I do not dispute, it sounds like they thought you were a suggestible southern simpleton they would have as a pet for a few hours so they could fill your head with shít.

I've seen it before. Confused chaps walking around the city centre asking for the location of the third tunnel, the Americans thinking they own a piece of the Southport to Seacombe suspension bridge, or even the simple woolybacks that meant to go to Manchester and were let down by a combination of poor literacy and pot luck on the platform. Easy marks, one and all.

Day to day scousery is much more mundane, I can assure you. The spiciest celebrity nugget I've ever heard was from ms pap's dad, who reckons he knew Cilla back in the day and that she put it about. It was not a surprise surprise.

Alas Wade, I'm the man that's about to provide a bit of context to your visit. From the exaggerated tone of your account, which I do not dispute, it sounds like they thought you were a suggestible southern simpleton they would have as a pet for a few hours so they could fill your head with shít.

I've seen it before. Confused chaps walking around the city centre asking for the location of the third tunnel, the Americans thinking they own a piece of the Southport to Seacombe suspension bridge, or even the simple woolybacks that meant to go to Manchester and were let down by a combination of poor literacy and pot luck on the platform. Easy marks, one and all.

Day to day scousery is much more mundane, I can assure you. The spiciest celebrity nugget I've ever heard was from ms pap's dad, who reckons he knew Cilla back in the day and that she put it about. It was not a surprise surprise.

I must be the biggest f#ckwit in history if I was taken for a simpleton by people who tuck their jogging bottoms into their white socks to show off their loafers.

I absolutely believe you about how boring day to day scousery is. You can only watch Betamax videos of Brookside so many times.

I must be the biggest f#ckwit in history if I was taken for a simpleton by people who tuck their jogging bottoms into their white socks to show off their loafers.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Hey, as you guys will probably guess from the username I'm an Evertonian.

I signed up here mainly out of interest, especially regarding the Tadic situation. Southampton are a club that I admire, a club that bass really risen from the ashes over the past few seasons and has played some boss togger in doing so. You have a capable young squad that unfortunately looks like being decimated this summer. Lallana and Shaw are both good players but much like Everton when we sold Lescott, Rodwell etc. you've managed to sell them way over what a normal valuation would be mainly due to the English factor - and all the best for it. Let the Red tossers over the Park try and replace that Sewer Rat if they want - but at least rinse them for all their worth!!

Regarding Tadic, he is a quality player - this is from watching plenty of Eredvise games over the last year (I work for a global sports content provider with an office based in Leeds, and i would often be responsible for Eredvise reports/previews). Tadic is the perfect replacement for Lallana - i'd actually say that by the time he settles into the league he'll be better.

Fortunatley, through work, i have a few contacts at our Dutch branch based in Amsterdam. Tadic is a player i'd love to have at Goodison, and so whenever i'd be able to get a few snippets of info from the lads in Holland I would. Unfortunatley, from our end, there's being nothing more than rumours (which were actually taken from Guan 2.0's post on this forum) about Tadic.

Everton were interested in Tadic back in January, but Twente's valuation of €14mil. was deemed too high. Also, Tadic was unwilling to leave a club mid-way through the season, and only general enquiries were made.

Now skip forward a few months and again we made an enquiry, but no bid - this is in large part due to the fact that Martinez is waiting on Lukaku - as he will take up the majority of Everton's budget were he to sign permanently, but there was definitely interest.

If indeed the rumour that we were/are in for Tadic is true, then i'm made up and would love to steal him from you (sorry) - although if he is to join a premier league club other than Everton then i think Sotton is the perfect place.

Just thought i'd let you guys know most Evertonion's perspectives at this point - none of us have a clue what's going on and like I said the rumour was mentioned on GrandOldTeam (ever ton's biggest fan site) due to somebody seeing Guan's post yesterday.

If Tadic isn't signed for you by tomorrow, then there may well be something in it. I'd like to think that he'd value the European footy and attraction of Martinez's brand of football, but I also know that money talks and if you've upped your offer then fair play. I'm just holding onto the last hinge of hope that he bails on you and gets on a plane straight to Liverpool. ;)

I signed up here mainly out of interest, especially regarding the Tadic situation. Southampton are a club that I admire, a club that bass really risen from the ashes over the past few seasons and has played some boss togger in doing so. You have a capable young squad that unfortunately looks like being decimated this summer. Lallana and Shaw are both good players but much like Everton when we sold Lescott, Rodwell etc. you've managed to sell them way over what a normal valuation would be mainly due to the English factor - and all the best for it. Let the Red tossers over the Park try and replace that Sewer Rat if they want - but at least rinse them for all their worth!!

Regarding Tadic, he is a quality player - this is from watching plenty of Eredvise games over the last year (I work for a global sports content provider with an office based in Leeds, and i would often be responsible for Eredvise reports/previews). Tadic is the perfect replacement for Lallana - i'd actually say that by the time he settles into the league he'll be better.

Fortunatley, through work, i have a few contacts at our Dutch branch based in Amsterdam. Tadic is a player i'd love to have at Goodison, and so whenever i'd be able to get a few snippets of info from the lads in Holland I would. Unfortunatley, from our end, there's being nothing more than rumours (which were actually taken from Guan 2.0's post on this forum) about Tadic.

Everton were interested in Tadic back in January, but Twente's valuation of €14mil. was deemed too high. Also, Tadic was unwilling to leave a club mid-way through the season, and only general enquiries were made.

Now skip forward a few months and again we made an enquiry, but no bid - this is in large part due to the fact that Martinez is waiting on Lukaku - as he will take up the majority of Everton's budget were he to sign permanently, but there was definitely interest.

If indeed the rumour that we were/are in for Tadic is true, then i'm made up and would love to steal him from you (sorry) - although if he is to join a premier league club other than Everton then i think Sotton is the perfect place.

Just thought i'd let you guys know most Evertonion's perspectives at this point - none of us have a clue what's going on and like I said the rumour was mentioned on GrandOldTeam (ever ton's biggest fan site) due to somebody seeing Guan's post yesterday.

If Tadic isn't signed for you by tomorrow, then there may well be something in it. I'd like to think that he'd value the European footy and attraction of Martinez's brand of football, but I also know that money talks and if you've upped your offer then fair play. I'm just holding onto the last hinge of hope that he bails on you and gets on a plane straight to Liverpool. ;)

Hi Blue Toff.

Could you tell your red neighbours to f**k off please. Many thanks. :p

Hi Blue Toff.

Could you tell your red neighbours to f**k off please. Many thanks. :p

Don't worry lad, I hate them as much as you do. Won't be half the team without Suarez next year, what with the core of the fantastic England team that just performed so brilliantly at the World Cup.

Thanks for your perspective on things.

However, check out SO16_Saint's last post....

Somebody needs to log this - I checked the Saint Charlie "SWF Definitive ITK Ranking 2014" thread and SO16_Saint isn't on there :)

Charlie, you might have a new addition.

Anyone can post a smiley face before a well rumoured signing. Hardly sticking his neck out! Needs to prove it over time to be added.

Don't worry lad, I hate them as much as you do. Won't be half the team without Suarez next year, what with the core of the fantastic England team that just performed so brilliantly at the World Cup.

I wonder how long it will take them to realise Lambert cant run any more and Lallana is always knackered after 65 minutes and has to go off

Just a heads up, you only get three posts per 24 hours as registered user, only one more to go.

Can you confirm that you knew the Beatles before they were famous and that Shankley used come round your house for tea?

Thanks for your perspective on things.

However, check out SO16_Saint's last post....

You seem to have more ITK's than we have haha. We've had a few but in recent years - not much!

Still, i've learnt never to take anything for granted, but looks like it'll be done soon

Announcement at 10pm maybe?

Can we go for an old fashioned 11pm announcement?

I think by starting this thread, I pushed this signing through. Result for me.

Maybe I'll start a Lukaku thread just for the fun. (or not)

If it has gone through I bet Guan is regetting making his 3 posts earlier today.

He would've missed out on his 'smiley' post.

He's made three posts already? ******** ... I've been waiting for his smiley ... maybe he could start a new thread with a giant smiley?