Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

OK lets see

1) Don't make unrealistic and untrue statements of policy

We don't have to sell anyone (they did sell)

This is all part of us kicking on to new levels (is it?)

2) Be truthful that we need to make savings on wages and cash in on some assets and that we need to punch our weight as a mid to lower table small provincial club.

3) Planned (2) above well in advance as to how they would deal with this transition once they were clear they could not meet Mopos or the players ambitions /financial demands some months ago

4) Decide clearly on an exit policy and make sure they managed the exits over say six months to a year leaving some till at least January and overlapping them with good new players so that potential new players are not left asking why they should join a club everyone else is leaving and sellers do not hold us to ransom and to ensure team disruption is minimised and managed well.

5) Ensuring we had identified and secured replacements early to provide a basis of a team to build around just six weeks before a season begins

6) Gave Cork and Fonte new contracts and appoint a popular new captain to try and re motivate the remaining players

7) Ensure good replacements for the youth teams coaches before sacking them and realising the effect changing academy coaches on our academy players was likely to have at this already uncertain juncture in the club. Surely Koeman could have changed these once he had got his feet under the table

8) Trying not to drop the new manager into it by asking him to sign a whole new team and get them committed and working together for the cause so soon before kick off

9) Ensuring they fully understood the effect of their changes on destabilising the team spirit and the relationship between the players and management and tried their best to mitigate these risks before they all got out of control

10) Made good honest statements to fans about intentions and backed them up with actions. i.e introduced the changes they wanted in a managed manner that allowed change and minimised disruption. (Called change management in business parlance)

Just 50% of the above would have been a good start.

Got to say as much as I am behind the new Board, this is a very well stated post.

OK lets see

etc

etc

etc

( No point in copying the full text block )

There is a lot of conjecture, supposition, and guesswork mixed up in there. Very few people know the truth about what is going on, especially in terms of the Board's motives and intentions.

OK lets see

2) Be truthful that we need to make savings on wages and cash in on some assets and that we need to punch our weight as a mid to lower table small provincial club.

3) Planned (2) above well in advance as to how they would deal with this transition once they were clear they could not meet Mopos or the players ambitions /financial demands some months ago

4) Decide clearly on an exit policy and make sure they managed the exits over say six months to a year leaving some till at least January and overlapping them with good new players so that potential new players are not left asking why they should join a club everyone else is leaving and sellers do not hold us to ransom and to ensure team disruption is minimised and managed well.

5) Ensuring we had identified and secured replacements early to provide a basis of a team to build around just six weeks before a season begins

6) Gave Cork and Fonte new contracts and appoint a popular new captain to try and re motivate the remaining players

7) Ensure good replacements for the youth teams coaches before sacking them and realising the effect changing academy coaches on our academy players was likely to have at this already uncertain juncture in the club. Surely Koeman could have changed these once he had got his feet under the table

8 ) Trying not to drop the new manager into it by asking him to sign a whole new team and get them committed and working together for the cause so soon before kick off

9) Ensuring they fully understood the effect of their changes on destabilising the team spirit and the relationship between the players and management and tried their best to mitigate these risks before they all got out of control

10) Made good honest statements to fans about intentions and backed them up with actions. i.e introduced the changes they wanted in a managed manner that allowed change and minimised disruption. (Called change management in business parlance)

1) they didn't. It's your misinterpretation of the statement.

2) You expect the club to put that in a statement :lol:

3) You think they're not doing that?

4) You want the club to have players playing for us that know they are leaving in January, have an agreement to leave in January, we may not have replacements lined up - completely unrealistic on so many levels.

5) How can we secure replacements prior to we have confirmation of a player leaving and the value and timing they are leaving?

6) Agree on Cork and Fonte.

7) You seem to know a lot about the sackong of academy coaches, can you tell us a bit more more about why they happened and the circumstances?

8) I'm sure they did try not to do that, so you're agreeing with the board there.

9) As above.

10) What sort of thing do you want them to say? Give us an example.

Edited by Sour Mash

Got to say as much as I am behind the new Board, this is a very well stated post.

Indeed agree

Think the new board have shown how they have struggled to hit the ground running, hopefully starting to learn now.

As much as Cortese was a tit he obviously was a good footballing chairman, if only he wasnt a massive ****

Indeed agree

Think the new board have shown how they have struggled to hit the ground running, hopefully starting to learn now.

As much as Cortese was a tit he obviously was a good footballing chairman, if only he wasnt a massive ****

I agree with the above

I am also as much behind the new board as anyone as I am a 40 year plus saints supporter however they have been very Naïve to date and must be held accountable for the current mess. I just hope they get their act together in time.

At this rate we will need to play both Koemans, Sammy Lee and Dave Watson in the team come August!

By the Way Everton and Spurs finished above us and Newcastle and Stoke just below how many players have they each lost without making any signings at all surely their players are not that much worse than ours given where they finished after 38 games.

How ever you choose to dress it up the fact we have got to where we are in the state we are is poor management by the board made worse by their constant repetition of the mantra that this is both part of a continuous improvement plan and we do not have to sell anyone two statements not backed up by any evidence at all so far.

Your initial comment seemed so confident, now seem to be struggling to convince yourself...

You seemed to miss my main point, who are these five players in each team, from Newcastle down to Hull, Wba, sunderland, west ham etc who the top 4 will be as keen to get as Shaw, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Lovren, Lambert? I think you are struggling to come up with five in total and maybe realise that we have been in an unique position where we have so many players of high ability at once.

Our first 11 was clearly not far off them - as seen by some of our performances. Unfortunately our squad was, and is likely to remain short in depth hence we cannot keep players here with CL football.

I reckon there's still, even if the next two leave, or us being around same as last season.

Of course so much depends on who comes in, and how manager starts. But subject of this thread, and Pelle, give me hope that we may be ok

OK lets see

8) Trying not to drop the new manager into it by asking him to sign a whole new team and get them committed and working together for the cause so soon before kick off

1) They don’t need to sell players that is true but if players want to go there is nothing they can really do that will benefit the situation. However they have recruited an excellent coaching team which in some peoples eyes is better than the former one.

They understand the importance of the History of SFC are trying to communicate with the fans don’t seem to be upsetting local suppliers and the staff at St Mary’s. Also they are trying to address the commercial failings of the old regime so all in all progress is being made. Players will come in and games will be won and lost

2) There is no evidence that they want to make savings as you suggest

3) The club have put in bids to replace Lambert and Lallana and have decided to try out Targett in place of Shaw At present no one else has left although SFC are apparently looking at Caulker and the Celtic CB if Louvren goes having rejected a Liverpool bid

4) It is impossible to do this if Players want to leave. How do you work out which players should go when. Lining up replacement players is not a particularly good ploy if you are trying to get players to stay and get the best deal from the buying club.

5) I would expect the Club are doing this there is no evidence that they are not.

6) The players all seem to be motivated from Tweets and Interviews - Perhaps they do not want to give Fonte another long contract as he is getting to age where there may have been alternatives Mopo was not a fan of Cork so may not have wanted him to have another contract. But it is not a particular problem at the moment I would have thought

7) The youth teams coaches may have been sacked for some bad behaviour they were not sacked because they were not up to the job you are not saying that the Club should have overlooked their indiscretions if they did in fact occur.

8) I doubt the club wanted to lose players but it shows how well they were chosen and how well they have been developed by SFC surely a plus point Getting £30 m for an 18 year old is a remarkable achievement. The players who have gone so far are going to World Class Clubs it is very difficult to persuade players to stay if Man U Liverpool or Arsenal come knocking and want to pay you mega bucks.

9)/10) Two pieces of Management Bull**** which the Club may or may not be able to do

I am unable to see what else they could have done with all the money in the PL players are bound to want some of it and leave.

We need to get behind the club as they try to manage the situation and not continually go on about what might have been and continually criticise things which are really out of their control. Some people seem to have little idea of what the board actually does even one said it was getting the run around and was amateurish when in fact the club is run on a day to day basis by the workers who have not changed for sometime.

On the transfer front that have put in two good bids for players got serious money for Lallana and Shaw and rejected bids for Fonte and Louvren

We are where we are but I fully expect SFC still to be in the PL at the end of this season as we have have a great coaching team and money to spend to strengthen the team lets face it Koeman has only been at the club a week

Serious question, do all transfers drag on, or is it just when Saints are involved? Am our transfers seem to take ages to conclude.

I think most of them drag on. Unless you study other clubs as closely as Saints the first you normally hear about a transfer is on Sky or in the paper and quite often even then it takes a few days to actually get over the line.

I used to think it was a Cortese thing where he was such a hard bargainer but it seem not.

And of course once the player is not playing in the UK that immediately slows it down, or thats how it looks.

Liverpool bid,signed and paraded Lambert in 36 hours

Unless Reed was talking out of his arse when he did the interview with SSN

My interpretation of the speed of Lambert's departure is that Liverpool's offer was so good, we could hardly refuse or negotiate lest we lose it entirely.

Liverpool bid,signed and paraded Lambert in 36 hours

Unless Reed was talking out of his arse when he did the interview with SSN

If Tadic was a life long saints fan, who had a burning ambition to play for saints and was entering the twilight of his career, I reckon he'd have signed by now, don't you?

Serious question, do all transfers drag on, or is it just when Saints are involved? All our transfers seem to take ages to conclude.

I think transfers appear to take longer because fans find out about them sooner these days. Twitter and the internet can be thanked for that.

Serious question, do all transfers drag on, or is it just when Saints are involved? All our transfers seem to take ages to conclude.

I think most do, we just may not follow other clubs as closely as Saints to see the full length of the process. Just look at how long is took Chelsea to get the Diego Costa deal over the line, or how long Bale to Madrid took - I know these are big money examples, but the principle is the same.

I think most do, we just may not follow other clubs as closely as Saints to see the full length of the process. Just look at how long is took Chelsea to get the Diego Costa deal over the line, or how long Bale to Madrid took - I know these are big money examples, but the principle is the same.

Yep. The Suarez to Barcelona transfer is rocketing along at one hell of a pace.

Yep. The Suarez to Barcelona transfer is rocketing along at one hell of a pace.

Ah my favourite saga, the "Club banned from transfers buying the player banned from football"!

Depends which reports you read though:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/luis-suarez-to-barcelona-63m-fiveyear-deal-agreed-for-liverpool-striker-according-to-reports-in-spain-9586011.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/04/liverpool-yet-to-reach-agreement-with-barcelona-over-transfer-of-luis-suarez

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2679995/Luis-Suarez-set-complete-80million-Barcelona-48-hours.html

I think there's still a bit of time left in this one.

When spending millions, it's not like popping down to the local store. It's like moving house but a lot more complex. The process will involve agents, legal advisors, translation services and accountants. Plus the added complexity of dealing with overseas language, legal and currency differences. It's a nightmare!

I do love the way papers can't agree which currency the amount refers to. I suspect it is euros, although I am sure Liverpool will like to push it as Sterling to keep the fans happier. He is a risk, so why pay top dollar (ie Sterling which is 25% more than Euros)

Really?? We got 50+m in for 2 players very amateurish

Do you judge the board of a high street bank by the quality of its football team? If not, why judge the board of a football club by how much money it has in the bank, instead of by the quality of the team it can put out on the pitch?

If Tadic and Pelle are announced this week, all well and good, but fans should be very far from satisfied with that. Before Tadic was mentioned, or Pelle as likely to come with Koeman, Les Reed was telling us that a lot of quality players wanted to come here, and that was before we had the money from selling Shaw and Lallana. So it seems reasonable for anyone, including Schneiderlin, to ask when are we going to know who else is coming in. Its all very well to recommend patience, but we could have lost more players by then if one or two of the squad are feeing impatient.

Do you judge the board of a high street bank by the quality of its football team? If not, why judge the board of a football club by how much money it has in the bank, instead of by the quality of the team it can put out on the pitch?

Bit of a ridiculous analogy really. Clearly a bank has nothing to do with owning a football team. The strength of any company, is based on the value of its assets and it's cash flow. In those terms, Saints are in a very strong position. The point about having cash in the bank is that the much maligned board have done an excellent job extracting so much money out of the sale of two players that were going to leave in any case. If that's not good business, I don't know what is.

Players will come. No doubt we won't all agree that they're the right ones for this club but I would like to think that we've waited for Ronald to get here before deciding which ones to bring in. Negotiations taking longer than a week isn't unusual by any stretch of the imagination.

If Tadic and Pelle are announced this week, all well and good, but fans should be very far from satisfied with that. Before Tadic was mentioned, or Pelle as likely to come with Koeman, Les Reed was telling us that a lot of quality players wanted to come here, and that was before we had the money from selling Shaw and Lallana. So it seems reasonable for anyone, including Schneiderlin, to ask when are we going to know who else is coming in. Its all very well to recommend patience, but we could have lost more players by then if one or two of the squad are feeing impatient.

Where on earth have I said about how much money in the bank? If we had let them go for peanuts it would have signalled they were amateurish. Did the board recruit a nobody or someone with a bit of a pedigree?

Where on earth have I said about how much money in the bank? If we had let them go for peanuts it would have signalled they were amateurish. Did the board recruit a nobody or someone with a bit of a pedigree?

Dear old Ron, bit touchy today then? To help with your question, you tried to counter the assertion, I think by LeicesterSaint, that the board looked amateurish, and to make your counter, you praised the board for having got £50m income. Selling players who have been brought through the Academy and putting money in the bank instead of having those players on the pitch doesn't actually need any football expertise, which does leave the board open to the criticism LS made. To counter that criticism, the board need to spend that money on players, not just some of it, but all of it, as well as the funds we were told were already put aside for the new manager to invest in the squad. Until Tadic or Pelle are confirmed, they haven't actually recruited any players at all, but hopefully that will start to change in the next day or two.

Edited by Professor

Dear old Ron, bit touchy today then? To help with your question, you tried to counter the assertion, I think by LeicesterSaint, that the board looked amateurish, To make your counter, you praised the board for having got £50m income. Selling players who have been brought through the Academy and putting money in the bank instead of having those players on the pitch doesn't actually need any football expertise, which does leave the board open to the criticism LS made. To counter that criticism, the board need to spend that money on players, not just some of it, but all of it, as well as the funds we were told were already put aside for the new manager to invest in the squad. Until Tadic or Pelle are confirmed, they haven't actually recruited any players at all, but hopefully that will start to change in the next day or two.

GCSE level stuff 'Prof'. The players wanted to go to double and quintuple in one case their wages. In the modern game you cant stop that. The board did what they could, which was to maximise income - a world record fee and an inflated fee. That is good work and we will be able to strengthen the team for less than we spent. Everything else is ****ing in the wind.