Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

Absolutely it is. We succeeded this time so all is quiet but if we hadn't then it would have meant, in some quarters, we didn't have ambition. Funny how one bloke's decision to join us over, say, Everton means that we have ambition now. We will probably fail with the a signing of similar stature soon and that will doubtless mean we have no ambition again.

Great, great news. Welcome Mr. Tadic.

Getting this one over the line - the first signing after the nightmare of the last month - was very, very important. It reverses the percieved decline in the clubs direction.

Looking forward to building on this, and very excited in Guan's little revelation. Get our business largely done by the end of the month, and we have a fighting chance to do something this season stilll.

Well Done SFC. A real shot-in-the-arm. Adam who ???

As much as i find you the ultimate depressing pessimstic git going, it is then posts like this that make me giggle insanely......only you Alpine, only you!

Getting this one over the line - the first signing after the nightmare of the last month - was very, very important. It reverses the percieved decline in the clubs direction.

Looking forward to building on this, and very excited in Guan's little revelation. Get our business largely done by the end of the month, and we have a fighting chance to do something this season stilll.

Have a look at Monks thread Alps.

Dusan Tadic:

I have watched many Southampton games and I confess that watching them made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, especially when the crowd sang "Oh when the Saints go marching in". I had a dream to play for them one day; they are a great team and when a young lad asked me to sign one of their shirts, he also asked me if one day I would play for them. I told him that I hoped so. My mind was already at St. Mary's.

We've just sold Shaw, Lallana, Lambert and Lovren - it would take a brave man to say we want to push on for certain......would make him look slightly foolish. It will take a lot of spending to even get us to the same level as last year, let alone better.

It was a realistic statement which should be read as that. Time to take any stupid Top 4 or European ambitious out of peoples head's, for now. Next season is all about consolidating.

Suprising how many people have quoted you on this post but nobody picked up on that. Presumably we are all resigned to it happening.

Staying well clear of relegation and giving a good go in the cups is probably the best we can hope for at the moment, but a few more exciting signings, expectations may start to rise a little .... but certainly not top 4 pipe dreams.

Suprising how many people have quoted you on this post but nobody picked up on that. Presumably we are all resigned to it happening.

Staying well clear of relegation and giving a good go in the cups is probably the best we can hope for at the moment, but a few more exciting signings, expectations may start to rise a little .... but certainly not top 4 pipe dreams.

Probably resigned to it tbh. He's clearly burned all his bridges, just up to the clubs to agree the deal now.

Ok I don't wanna sound a boring melt but can someone tell me why everyone is so excited about this player? I'm really happy for the signing but can someone tell me more about him?

Top assists in the Eredivisie last season, considered by many to be it's best player, Serbian national side regular for the last 3 years, chips in with a good few goals a season, skillful and good at set pieces. (NB: all information is second or third hand from Eredivisie watchers.)

Ok I don't wanna sound a boring melt but can someone tell me why everyone is so excited about this player? I'm really happy for the signing but can someone tell me more about him?

Because most in this page were desperate due to the sale of some of our best players and so they regard any signing as the oasis in the desert.

Source: 345 experts in Dutch, Serbian and European football and 20+ Saints ITKs.

Completely agree, nice one mate

"Perceived decline in the clubs direction?" Perceived by whom? The bedwetters here and some of the media maybe but there are plenty of people on here who can see that the Board are planning to bring in quality and the "decline" is just there for people who want to believe in negativity.

Welcome Tadic. Looking forward to seeing him in action. A few more top signings in a short space of time would be mint, and start to make the squad look strong. I'd love it if Koeman could persuade Gaston to stay with the promise of more regular first team football, as I think an up for it Gaston would be like a massive new signing.

I wonder what marketing ideas SFC will come up with for Dusan? I reckon something for the ladies, the Tadic Todger perhaps.

"Perceived decline in the clubs direction?" Perceived by whom? The bedwetters here and some of the media maybe but there are plenty of people on here who can see that the Board are planning to bring in quality and the "decline" is just there for people who want to believe in negativity.

Yeah, whatever, SOGGY....

Says he's looking at this kind of player to score 10-15 goals in a season. Doesn't ask for much does he?

Yep, it's good to aim a bit higher than you expect to achieve. Otherwise everyone will say we have no ambition ;)

Good interview with Koeman.

I've really warmed to Koeman already. He has got such a calming authority. Have heard some really positive things about him from my Dutch colleague and in the press and various other places reading about him, and I think things are really not as bleak as some are making out. New manager who is revered and respected, a quality (looking) new signing and lots of positive noises coming from the club.

Even Alpine has admitted excitement! genuinely buzzing for next season now - 39 days to go! :)

I rather like the cheery disposition of Koeman. Rather different from the overly impersonal MP and his interpreter, and the happy clappy Adkins.

It is rather refreshing isn't it.

Ronald Koeman as Saints manager...who would of thought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanyama Cork

Rodriguez JWP Tadic

new ST

That doesn't look too bad! Add to that Gaston Davis and possibly Schneiderlin I think we are pretty solid in midfield. Just need to get a new ST CB and LB in and then any signing from that point on should be too contribute to depth.

Has to be post of the day

Can a mod teach Viking how to quote please?

I wonder what marketing ideas SFC will come up with for Dusan? I reckon something for the ladies, the Tadic Todger perhaps.

That might be a goer. Although he's not as good looking as Lovren, Dusan can do the ladies, while Lovren seems more than OK giving the fellas an eye full.

BsC4a4qCEAEJDHs.png

Obvious disclaimer about the dutch league perhaps not being as good as the other major leagues.

That is a pretty ridiculous stat, up amongst some incredible players. The league may be poor, but to stand out that much in it, then you're clearly too good for it.

Wanyama Cork

Rodriguez JWP Tadic

new ST

That doesn't look too bad! Add to that Gaston Davis and possibly Schneiderlin I think we are pretty solid in midfield. Just need to get a new ST CB and LB in and then any signing from that point on should be too contribute to depth.

2 CBs, LB, GK, AM, 2 STs Please. All are must do!!!

Tadic definitely ups our stakes in our attempt to win the 'best looking team in the premier league' award. Adam had to go based on this, it's just business. Pelle would be another strong addition. Losing Morgan and Dejan would be a real blow though.