Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

I think this one has got to the stage whereby it warrants it's own thread now....

Valid links here:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/485295/Southampton-look-to-beat-Liverpool-and-Everton-to-Dusan-Tadic-after-Luke-Shaw-departure

(Although they quite clearly don't know who Tadic is, given they're saying he's a Shaw replacement)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2668367/Dusan-Tadic-Southamptons-radar-boss-Ronald-Koeman-eyes-reinforcements.html

and a dutch source too:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/22785786/__Koeman_shopt_in_eredivisie__.html

And he's an obligatory youtube video:

I'd see it as a bit of a coup if we get him to be honest, and given our financial strength, FC Twente's financial situation, our requirement for a player of his style and RK's admiration of the player....it seems very possible.

Never been a big fan of the YouTube clips, but at least in the old days they used to be highlights of goals, assists and skills........i turned that off after a minute and a half of nothing. That surely cant be his highlights? Maybe it gets better later, but I'm off to watch Colombia v Uruguay.

Never been a big fan of the YouTube clips, but at least in the old days they used to be highlights of goals, assists and skills........i turned that off after a minute and a half of nothing. That surely cant be his highlights? Maybe it gets better later, but I'm off to watch Colombia v Uruguay.

TBF there were other videos, but from like 2/3 years ago. This was the only recent one, and it's actually quite interestingly, showing his input into FC Twente's match against RK's Feyernord last season.

Express say he's a defender and we want him to replace Shaw the mail says he's a midfielder and replacing Lallana. :lol:

All the qualities of a Rudi Skacel or Jim Brennan then. Sounds promising.

I know nothing of Tadic, but the stats look good and people are positive about him on here. Without looking I'm sure he's also good in Football Manager. For that reason, I'm on board!

Seriously though, replacing Lallana will be no easy feat. If he comes here and does as well, if not better than Lallana, it will be an outstanding bit of business.

I'm assuming he's not another Steve De Ridder....

Its his every touch in one match, so its clearly not going to be as spectacular as a highlights package of his best bits over a a number of seasons.

Have to say if we can get him for £10m as Adam Lallana replacement our loss is an English born player but our gain is a player of at least equal ability/age and money in the bank on the deal. Yes please.

That's a big compliment and thumbs up given how much a fan of lallana you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say if we can get him for £10m as Adam Lallana replacement our loss is an English born player but our gain is a player of at least equal ability/age and money in the bank on the deal. Yes please.

Does the Englishness only matter if we're in European competitions?

Not a Cruyff turn in sight and he has a normal haircut. Also, I signed him for Doncaster in my FM game for 10 minutes and he didn't go to the press and agitate for a move once. He's a rubbish replacement AL.

Ditto - not the greatest video ever. I prefer to be deluded with videos like the De Ridder efforts :)

Did MLG do the ratings for Lallana? They're terrible.

That isn't him from FM14, its from FM13 when he hadn't played in the Premier League.

They're ratings based on last season I presume, he'll look a lot better for next years game.

He said the screenshots are from FM13, so its based on how he was after a season in the Championship in the 2011/12 season.

In the January update for FM14 Lallana is one of the best attacking midfielders in the Premier League.

Also MLG will have some input but won't be able to be too biased.

I have a lot more than just "some input" into how he is in the game.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Yep, as long as a bigger club wants one of our players, we just let them go.

That funny, because I thought we sold players who wanted to leave for rather a lot of money.

Just out of interest, what would you do differently, apart from hand-cuffing them to the team bus?

That funny, because I thought we sold players who wanted to leave for rather a lot of money.

Just out of interest, what would you do differently, apart from hand-cuffing them to the team bus?

Let one maybe two go and tell the rest they sre staying another season.

A quick translation on the ever reliable google makes it sound like he's told Koeman he wants to sign. The fact he takes good penalties is a bonus. Is Pelle the main penalty taker at Feyenoord?

A quick translation on the ever reliable google makes it sound like he's told Koeman he wants to sign. The fact he takes good penalties is a bonus. Is Pelle the main penalty taker at Feyenoord?

I think he is. From comparing the two Tadic appears to have a better technique for pens but always good to have options.