Two gone...how many to follow?

Saint Charlie

So our two best players leave in one day, just a couple of days after getting back from the World Cup. Don't reckon the new manager would even have spoken to them. On this basis we better hope the world cup lasts until September 1 as when the other players start getting back this could get ugly.

So our two best players leave in one day, just a couple of days after getting back from the World Cup. Don't reckon the new manager would even have spoken to them. On this basis we better hope the world cup lasts until September 1 as when the other players start getting back this could get ugly.

Add Guly, SRL and Mopo, plus Dodd and Williams being booted out .... would the last one out please switch off the New All Singing All Dancing LED Lights please!!

Hopefully the revolving door will be going in the other direction soon as we sign a host of World Class replacements.

The more I think about it the more I can see leaving. Nothing would surprise me. I have had a feeling for a while that a mass exodus may be on the cards. We will have, like it or not is a huge turnover of players this summer making the club a tidy sum to re-invest over transfer windows. I've said it before on another thread but football is cyclical and the biggest end of cycle occurs every four years after the World Cup. In 2010 as we looked forward to what we hoped would be our promotion season from League 1 we were pretty much immune from this cyclical change due to our lowly league position. We are in a much more high profile position these days so are in somewhat uncharted territory. I suppose it's something we need to get used to. Anyway Worse case scenario.

Shaw - Man U

Lallana - Liverpool

Lambert - Liverpool

Lovren - Barca/Spurs

Schneiderlin - Arsenal/PSG/Bayern Munich

Chambers - Spurs

Osvaldo - Italy

Ramirez - Italy

Wanyama - Spurs

Clyne - Spurs

Fonte - Other Prem

Cork - Other Prem

The more I think about it the more I can see leaving. Nothing would surprise me. I have had a feeling for a while that a mass exodus may be on the cards. We will have, like it or not is a huge turnover of players this summer making the club a tidy sum to re-invest over transfer windows. I've said it before on another thread but football is cyclical and the biggest end of cycle occurs every four years after the World Cup. In 2010 as we looked forward to what we hoped would be our promotion season from League 1 we were pretty much immune from this cyclical change due to our lowly league position. We are in a much more high profile position these days so are in somewhat uncharted territory. I suppose it's something we need to get used to. Anyway Worse case scenario.

Shaw - Man U

Lallana - Liverpool

Lambert - Liverpool

Lovren - Barca/Spurs

Schneiderlin - Arsenal/PSG/Bayern Munich

Chambers - Spurs

Osvaldo - Italy

Ramirez - Italy

Wanyama - Spurs

Clyne - Spurs

Fonte - Other Prem

Cork - Other Prem

You seem to have caught Alpine fever.

OK, a timely reminder #itshappeningbutnotasweexpected

Posted that a little while back now - got shot down of course. Reed made some promises...so far economical with the truth at best. Does anyone REALLY think we're going to be spending £70m in this window? RK has been brought in because he likes working with youth. We could likely be seeing a lot more youngsters turn out against Liverpool than we dared imagine. Time will tell.

No way Chambers will go IMO although will be interesting to see what happens with him and Clyne.

IMO we arent really a big enough team and those players are too good for one to be on the bench so I am hoping Koeman can slot Chambers in to a CB position or midfield, as Clyne slightly ahead as a RB for me.

If I was either of them and was sat on the bench for Saints I would start getting itchy feet.

Clyne IMO would have made the WC squad had he played every week last season.

Good job he didn't go to Brazil, otherwise he'd probably also do a Lambert/Lallana/Shaw.

Let's hope none of our remaining players ever get picked for England.

Weak is the only word for it, took years under Cortese to finally get that imagine or weakness away from Southampton, only for the new muppets to ruin that in a matter of months. Its not that they've gone, it's how they've gone. Realty check for all optimists, time to stop being deluded and wake up, really is a **** day to be a saints supporter.. Oh how I'd love to be proved wrong though..

What do people think the Board, ( or whatever derogatory term you want apply ), could have done when the 'big' teams came waving their millions under the noses of our better players and plying their whispering campaigns in the media ( and England World Cup camp ) ? Simply saying 'sod off' wouldn't have stopped the players heads being turned, and if we had tried stonewalling to the extent that they switched attention to other targets, we'd have been left with a squad including several sulking want aways hardly committed to whatever RK's vision proves to be.

Even if MoPo had stayed, I'm fairly certain that the 3 we've lost up to now would still have gone as we could not have matched what was on offer to them; whether it be money, Champions League football, or Rickie playing out his boyhood fantasies.

I tote want the dumb board to start telling big clubs to sod off badger. I'm not afraid of Lovren or Morgan's disappointment. I would sooner risk that than keep having to take risks with new signings every time someone plays well. I would sell bros if they're contract is running out and I would sell bros if the money is ridiculous like Shaw. Otherwise I would not sell bros!

None of that makes good reading. If Morgan's comments are true it shows how terribly weak the board are, how likely it is he will leave and the stuff about replacing first team with unproven academy kids sounds like crazy paper talk or else we've an insane board.

Can see how those quotes might be edited to appear worse than they actually are. For example, he may well have been asked 'what do you make of Luke Shaw's prospective move?', before answering: "Everyone has ambitions, everyone has his own future in his hands so we'll see."

Probably reading far too much to into it but he favourited a tweet from Chris Rann the other day about being made Saints captain. I think he is a classy enough guy not to demand a move, but if someone like Arsenal do come in for him with a good enough bid, then things might change. He would be the player I'd be saddest to see leave.

When are the board going to say no one else is leaving. They are a total joke or are we going to let J Rod,Cork,Wanyama,Fonte,Clyne,Ward Prowse and Chambers to all say they want to leave and have no one left.

Can't remember many worse days supporting Saints when not playing a match. Really depressing day with Lallana leaving,Morgan and Bendner stories. Was coping with Shaw but the rest have seriously pi**ed me off.

The board need to get a couple of big signings in this week to quickly steady the ship before it starts sinking and we head for a relegation battle next season

When are the board going to say no one else is leaving. They are a total joke or are we going to let J Rod,Cork,Wanyama,Fonte,Clyne,Ward Prowse and Chambers to all say they want to leave and have no one left.

Can't remember many worse days supporting Saints when not playing a match. Really depressing day with Lallana leaving,Morgan and Bendner stories. Was coping with Shaw but the rest have seriously pi**ed me off.

The board need to get a couple of big signings in this week to quickly steady the ship before it starts sinking and we head for a relegation battle next season

Player power and big club cheque books rule the game, there contract is there to protect the club, but once the vultures from the top seven circle those players will go and you can take that to the bank; nothing the board or anyone else can do, all the club can do is play hardball and obtain the best deal they can, I agree totaly with you demoralizing beyond belief, but that is how the premiership is structured so the fat cats get fatter. Frankly I would like to see the whole thing re-structured as it is now it will kill the game, football is already dying at grass roots level thanks to x-box and playstation, foreign players in the premiership has all but demolished our international side as recently shown; the overiding factor and bottom line can be summed up in one word. "GREED"

Sadly I now think that we will lose Morgan and Lovren, but if we had a core of five that did not want to stay then it is better that they are gone. Clearly their agent will be able to retire after this summers work if it is true they all have the same one.

The backroom staff appoinments show we are moving into a new phase. At least we are financially stable and if we can get a squad together to get 45 to 50 points this season we will be in a good position to kick on from there.

Most of us fans are in it for the long term, not just for the headlines yesterday, today, or tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

How many more to leave could depend how far the cancer (Lovren & Lallana) has spread inside the squad, and of course what players are wanted...

Maybe their influence was bigger than anon yone understood....

Maybe the club should write a public apology on the day the next time Mr Clattenburgh visits St Marys. (if only to **** off t*atbeard)

You were right Mr Clattenburgh.

At least we're getting to the stage where we're running out of players we can worry about losing. Mayuka and Jos are here for ever. Got to be a positive?

In a way it's good we've lost so many. At least now we have almost lost them all so my expectations couldn't be much lower. Anything that isn't relegation will feel like a victory.

I said up to 7 and I stand by that. I do still hold hope that we go on a signing spree though. My faith in the club rests on replacing those players we've lost and strengthening every position.

Koeman has a hell of a job on his hands.

I said up to 7 and I stand by that. I do still hold hope that we go on a signing spree though. My faith in the club rests on replacing those players we've lost and strengthening every position.

Koeman has a hell of a job on his hands.

Yes he does. Maybe that's why he took it, the chance to build his own team?