Seventy mil transfer budget?

pap

You dont possibly know that, you are summising and interpreting it your way the same as everyone else. In theory she cpuld mean it one way or another.

Its also possibly crap though I was told its 35m plus sales in which case that figure would be somewhat realistic in reality

Umm... thats what I said in post 14.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I read this as KL skimming a nice 20m profit...

Perhaps the £20m goes towards wages, paying off previous transfer fees or even paying off some of the huge amount of funds she has 'given' to club out of the kindness of her heart. Whatever is I don't think there is any reason to use that phraseology when talking about the lady that funded our promotions through the league is there?

Whatever the sum involved - don't expect it to be invested straight away. Some of it will surely be held over for the January window depending on how we do in the first half of the season.

We may lose a few players, but still have a good squad. Koeman will certainly buy a few in the next few weeks, but we should learn the lesson from Spurs fiasco last season.

Sold Bale for £85 million, then spent £106 million on SEVEN new players, most of whom were a total waste of space then sacked the manager (AVP) who approved them when it didn't work out.

Then took Sherwood as caretaker, he ignored most of the deadwood , and brought back the " English players "to some effect, but ....he still got the sack. CRAZY, I say.

Initial pot (or money from one of the sale) might as well be used for paying the existing fees or for the TG if required.

We are generating a big enough budget just through the sales.

The training ground will have been budgeted for regardless of player sales. The club had no idea when they were in League 1/Championship and planning the training ground they could raise such amounts from Lallana and Shaw in 2014.

Have as much transfer budget as you like, it is never all spent on transfer fees but also signing on sweeteners, player loyalty bonuses, excessive wages and it's not always spent wisely, just ask Spurs! We may well have 70 odd million to invest but I bet less than 60% of that gets spent on the actual transfer fees to sign the players.

When it gets to these kinds of figures it's definitely not a transfer budget. It's a war chest people.

Agreed. We could buy a reasonably big Championship club and still have plenty left over. Leeds or Wolves or Birmingham perhaps?

It doesnt say rising to 90m with sales.

It says 70 and that we might make 90m through sales. Its a lot of money, but the cost of replacing anyone we lose will be high.

not necessarily. If you're buying an established international from a top Euro side ...then YES, he'll cost big money but we've already invested in Ramirez and Osvaldo .....and I'm not totally convinced.

Looking at those mentioned.. Luke Shaw (ex-Academy)cost NOTHING... replaced ...who?......Danny Fox. I call that a good call - don't you?

Adam Lallana (with us for 12 years) has graduated to the top. He wasn't that great at 19, but he made it. Hard as it may be if he goes, I don't see him as irreplaceable.

JWP hasn't disgraced himself in games - has he? ... so given time he will improve (as Adam did )....AND....Gaston Ramirez ..(if he stays) won't have to compete against AL to get a game.

Rickie Lambert (need I say more) bought for £1 million at age 27 ...now sold for £4 million PLUS aged 32. Surely few of us would begrudge him the move back to Liverpool.

Next : Morgan Schneiderlin (I'd be sorry to see him go) but he came as an 18 y.o. starlet,(for 2mill.?) ... fought to get a regular spot and at last getting his full cap for France, is priced at £15 million.

or maybe :Dejan Lovren(?) Great CB, but wasn't he on the way to Spurs last season and was side-tracked by Pochettino. His decision in the end, but at a fee £15 miilion, it represents 100% profit.

(The last CB we sold to Spurs (God rest his soul) ...didn't fare so well as memory serves after he got there).

With £50 million..or was it £70 million?.... at his disposal RK can (within reason) buy who he wants....and he doesn't have to spend it all by 16th august.

If he's smart, RK will hold over a lump of it for the January window....that's assuming that he isn't satisfied with some of the current crop of Academy graduates (who look a pretty promising bunch to me).

I've no doubt RK will buy wisely, his real task is getting them to gell into a good side. That's what he's paid for. I don't expect miracles in the first season, but will be well-pleased with a mid-table position.