St. Mary's becomes first European stadium to have LED floodlights

Saint-Armstrong

They put in LED lights down my road & I can't see my garden path no more cos they only light the road :( Also the guy said they're 10 times more expensive to buy but you save dollar in energy, but not so much i spose if they're only on for 90 minutes 10 times a year. Also he said the bulb things last like 25 years but he said he'll have to come back in 5 years to change the driverssss. Also the light is more white. I think that is all I know bout LED lighting!

Something and nothing really, nice to know we're investing in the infrastructure though.

From the article on the OS, the only reason they're installing them is to increase visibility (duh) and to reduce flicker on slow motion tv replays.

Given that they've also said they can be switched on instantly and don't need to warm up, is there going to be some kind of phased switch-on if they have to be used unexpectedly during gloomy weather matches, because suddenly whacking that lot on in one go could be rather distracting!

Certainly are - Google is your friend (other search engines are available)

well you right, however, very, very limited and there are problems, one of them being that there is so little heat generated that ice can form on the lens covers diminshing the amount light being beamed onto the road, and as I said you need quite a cluster of L.E.D.'s to match a xeon or even better metal hallide, it will happen, but it is going to be a couple of years before we see them in great numbers, therefore as stated in my post there must be a greater number of the L.E.D's around the stadium to match the light we have now.

first luke shaw tries to bed a tart and her sister, now this

we are big time now

COYR

Shaw will soon have on hand a big time charlie's advice on how to bed a granny, not to forget invaluable expert coaching on how to bed your sister-in-law, a lesson Shaw can keep for later...

The benefits of going to a "big club" are endless.