England vs Costa Rica

nta786

how does he compare to Lallana's ten minutes or so v Italy? Granted Italy are down to 10 and losing

Uruguay doing a lot of defending as you would expect, Gaston holding the ball well and playing it out of defence, whilst others just hoofed it forward.

Nothing amazing, he just looks comfortable.

Suarez definitely bit chiellini, but I doubt fifa will do anything about it, he's too bankable.

Just as interesting was godin having a terrific game and scoring the winner. By rights, after the england game he shouldn't have been playing at all.

I'll remember this post when you inevitably moan if either are sold.

Dude, I am on such a low ebb with football at the moment, I really wonder if I'll care....

Surely we've all been programming ourselves to expect them to go.

Rickie saddened me (but now I am annoyed), Lovren and maybe Morgan would upset me, but not this pair of little bellends...

"Apart from first the 10 to 12 minutes we dominated totally. We didn't take our goal chances - if we did we would have comfortably won. We created the chances and that's important."

No, winning is important. Would have thought someone around the game for so long would know that...

have to disagree with you, and the commentators think it a bight as well. Not exactly the reaction from the Italian to a headbutt. As a serial biter, you get practised at disguising it.

seeing it over again I agree with you now. disgusting.

can thr FA ban him for bringing the game into disrepute?

Thought Shaw did ok. Sturridge and Wilshere were hilariously bad. Ho hum. Top tooth work from Suarez. I think he must have his hols booked.

Depends on the review, might get a year if FIFA actually do anything, should scale back Liverpool's ambition a bit, no Suarez and no transfer fee for him, might even finish above them.

England are just a woeful uninspiring average crap team of big names playing lethargic sh*te football. I don't really. Are anymore about them even with Saints players playing. The whole WC was just embarrassing. The Owl hasn't got a clue.

"Apart from first the 10 to 12 minutes we dominated totally. We didn't take our goal chances - if we did we would have comfortably won. We created the chances and that's important."

No, winning is important. Would have thought someone around the game for so long would know that...

Reminds me of Venables, on not selecting MLT: "yes he scores lots of goals, but there is more to football than scoring goals".

Some people are getting things out of perspective. At least England got to the World Cup Final Tournament. That is the main thing, after that anything is a bonus.

Being positive, I think we will qualify for the European finals tournament.

Suarez definitely bit chiellini, but I doubt fifa will do anything about it, he's too bankable.

Just as interesting was godin having a terrific game and scoring the winner. By rights, after the england game he shouldn't have been playing at all.

Fifa - I have no confidence in them doing the right thing.

The use of Lallana and Lambert in this tournament has been nothing but wasteful tbh.

So much to offer, yet so poorly used.

This. Lord knows why Lallana was taken off, we pretty much stopped creating afterwards. And why Ricky didn't get at least 20 minutes in this game I'll never know, especially as Sturridge was having a bit of a stinker.

I note the Ian Wright and Hoddle couldn't believe Lallana being subbed either. TBH if I was Adam I'd be hoping Hoddle got another bite of the England cherry, he'd be a shoe in to start.

Some people are getting things out of perspective. At least England got to the World Cup Final Tournament. That is the main thing, after that anything is a bonus.

Being positive, I think we will qualify for the European finals tournament.

Yo-yo country? 17th best in the world?

Saurez's world cup should be over as uraguay should be chucked out of it, cheating their way through 2 world cups in a row, fifa should punish the whole team!

As for England, I really can't see what all the fuss is about where sterling, sturridge and berkley are concerned. Sturridge is as wasteful as emile heskey was and Berkley and Sterling are show ponies with little end product. Whereas both Shaw and Lallana did their prospects no harm with trying to drive their mediocre team mates on. Then woy takes off Lallana and brings on all the old codgers and England start dropping deep and inviting pressure. We need to go hunting for the ball when we aren't in possession not drop off and allow team to press us.