England v Uruguay

Batman

Roy got it wrong by starting welbeck

Roy got it wrong by starting from the top of the table and reading down to choose his squad. Anybody would think that there are no decent English fullbacks.

Gerrard 50% at fault for the goal. Hart 50%. He DODGED it!! Sad thing is now they need to get a ludicrous result against Costa Rica, so Hodgson will stick with the "proven" players instead of making changes. And the veterans will "deserve" to finish their World Cup careers on the park. Boys club.

Lets see whether the dinosaurs at the FA will sack the dinosaur we have as manager.. unable to make a 'team' out of this squad is disgraceful..

He's not a magician. We've got a couple of half decent players, and then a load of utter ****. We're not good enough against the worlds best, let a lone a few half decent sides.

I've waited four years for that...! The players are very good at talking the talk, when in fact, they are shyte at actually walking the walk. Total bloody rubbish.....

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Congratulations Roy. You're on the verge of achieving what no other England manager managed to do since 1958; to fail to go through from the preliminary stages. It hasn't happened yet, but we are having to rely on Italy to beat the other two teams and we have to beat Cost Rica who beat Uruguay.

Uruguay had one player who could change the game. Why didn't we have him man-marked? Unbelievable.

Cahil is alright, but Jagielka shouldn't be at this level. no where near.

Who else is there? Smalling? Jones? A real lack of decent centre halves. Remember the days when we had Terry, Campbell, Ferdinand, and the best two of them all King and Woodgate never fit for long.

Who else is there? Smalling? Jones? A real lack of decent centre halves. Remember the days when we had Terry, Campbell, Ferdinand, and the best two of them all King and Woodgate never fit for long.

Yeah, the lack of english CB's is frightening really. I don't rate Jones or Smalling either.

I agree though, gone are the days of Rio, Terry, Sol, Carragaher, Woodgate - proper top level CB's.

I didnt write the "hate Suarez" post. My son sneaked into my office and my computer wasnt locked. Sorry to p*ss in your sneering pool........

Well in that case you aren't bringing him up very well as he uses four letter swear words whilst sneaking around behind your back. Have a word with yourself and discipline him please.

Beaten by a team from a country with a 7m population with a striker who was under the surgeons knife 28 days ago and not even a 100th of the investment in England a bloody disgrace yet again! now wait for the inevitable Costa Rica Italy draw tomorrow

So all our players wanting away want to play for top teams like Liverchester and emulate Gerrard Rooney Wellbeck Johnson Henderson etc and produce such rubbish!

I'm still going to be enjoying this world cup, it's been great so far. Not letting England ruin anything. In fact, it'll be better without them in it.

Agree with this. Watching Group B come to a conclusion and the aftermath against Brazil is going to be fascinating watching.

He's not a magician. We've got a couple of half decent players, and then a load of utter ****. We're not good enough against the worlds best, let a lone a few half decent sides.

Wrong... he has no tactical nous and his job is to product a TEAM and not just rely on individuals. As I said earlier, the writing was on the wall when Chile outclassed us tactically in a friendly..

We need a modern coach to take our youngsters into the European Championships.