England v Uruguay

Batman

I don't buy this feigned apathy windows, ur just insulating urself from the taunts of french neighbours when we crash out. I know you care v.deeply bout england really.

I really, really don't. When the FA appoint a decent manager who'll stop this as many Liverpool players as possible and a few other attitude then I might be more inclined to

support them as my second international team. Hodgson is a dinosaur, England need to get knocked out and made to pay for the error of appoiinting him.

I think we might see Chamberlain tonight - Anyone got any update on his injury

It was confirmed last night by Hodgson that he will not be involved tonight. Back in full training after though, so potentially involved for the Costa Rica game.

It is a game of potential death!

I'm not too worried. I've seen this loads of times before, beginning in Mexico 1986 when England were beaten 1-0 by Portugal. England normally get into their stride in the second game, something they need to do tonight.

Comparisons with the Spain game are bound to be drawn pre-game, and no doubt the neutrals will be salivating at another big team chopped down to size. It could happen, but let's not forget that Spain got mullered in their first game and didn't really have an answer for Chile's pressing last night. By contrast, England came out losers in a tightly fought contest with Italy.

From Uruguay's perspective, they've now got to get results against two big teams. Much will depend on their state of mind. They might have expected to come into this fixture with three points in the bag, whereas realistically, England always knew they could be coming into this game empty handed. Maybe we're better mentally prepared.

I honestly think we will win.

we could have easily beaten Italy. Granted we never quite got it right but there is not a great deal to make right.

uruguay were terrible against costa rica and have lost two of their back 4.

suarez will be the key. but surely, he will not be fully fit and firing...

rooney really needs to step up as it it quite clear he will start

I would put lallana in for welbeck myself

Why would you think that?

Don't know, I didn't say it was rational and yes it is very conspiratorial. I've just got this nagging feeling about Roy and team selections that I can't shake. It tells me that Roy isn't always picking what he genuinely believes to be the best team. He let's other things get in the way, whether that be other people telling him what to do, ego's of players, wanting to butt up against the media, a bias towards Liverpool. It's instinct and I can't put my finger on it but something doesn't feel right.

it's a shame Lallana is only seen as being able to play in the wider roles for England. He played in the hole for us last season and as a result was far more effective than he was when asked to play on the left and to track back. He appears to be miles down the pecking order for that central position.

It's also a shame that Sterling and Wellbeck, two of our better players on Saturday will be asked to move to fit Wayne into his best role. Personally I didn't think Rooney had a bad game out on the left. I admit he didn't do all that much, but he showed quality in the cross for the goal. I'd be inclined to leave the team as it is except bring in Shaw. That won't happen of course.

Don't know, I didn't say it was rational and yes it is very conspiratorial. I've just got this nagging feeling about Roy and team selections that I can't shake. It tells me that Roy isn't always picking what he genuinely believes to be the best team. He let's other things get in the way, whether that be other people telling him what to do, ego's of players, wanting to butt up against the media, a bias towards Liverpool. It's instinct and I can't put my finger on it but something doesn't feel right.

See "Wayne Rooney".

I will be at work for this game :(

I will be able to catch up during the breaks though. When the USA played, I had forgotten my ipad, so I asked about 15 people at work if they knew how the game was going. As it turned out, I, the filthy bloody foreigner was the only one who knew that USA were playing!!! :D

Why all this hatred for Roy? He has a season ticket to SMS, picked 3 Saints players for the plane to Brazil (maybe 4 if J-Rod hadn't got injured).

Of course, by making the squad 1 has gone and the other 2 seem to be on their way out.

Oh.

Roy out. :hunt:

Townsend is complete and utter shït

But... England manager, same old, same old. Starting line up....1 x Man C, 1 x Chelsea, 2 x Man U, 2 x Everton, 5 x Liverpool. So really, unless you are in one of those teams (plus Arsenal), you are unlikely to start.

Townsend is complete and utter shït

But... England manager, same old, same old. Starting line up....1 x Man C, 1 x Chelsea, 2 x Man U, 2 x Everton, 5 x Liverpool. So really, unless you are in one of those teams (plus Arsenal), you are unlikely to start.

its because we lack tactics

Would it be fair to say that we are rather predictable and very boring to watch? I am not enjoying this and find it strange that I am totally devoid of patriotism at the moment. I had a bit vs Italy, but maybe that was because I was half cut.

Would it be fair to say that we are rather predictable and very boring to watch? I am not enjoying this and find it strange that I am totally devoid of patriotism at the moment. I had a bit vs Italy, but maybe that was because I was half cut.

Been like this with England for a while now. I get more excited watching the Netherlands..... And nervous!

Just gave up watching on 16mins.

England are f**king awful.

Hart falling over when he kicks the ball.

Henderson slicing it into the path of an Uruguayan attacker.

Gerrard muscled off the ball by a player who has just had knee surgery.

Uruguay physically dominant all over the shop.

Rooney flailing around like a prize idiot - but doing his flailing down the middle, at least.

Embarassing.

We are like Ivory Coast, a bunch of overpaid individuals doing their own thing, in utter contrast to Chile who, beside a couple players are relatively unknown but are a cohesive team unit with a tactical plan. We just turn up as if it were a kick around in a park, zero tactical prep at all.

We are like Ivory Coast, a bunch of overpaid individuals doing their own thing, in utter contrast to Chile who, beside a couple players are relatively unknown but are a cohesive team unit with a tactical plan. We just turn up as if it were a kick around in a park, zero tactical prep at all.

Agreed totally

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Absolutely clueless on possession. Really bad.

Started this tournament not expecting much from England but still find myself getting wound up about their performances.

Do what I did and walk away.

I want the England team humilliated, but I cant watch it happen, apparently.