Commentary Phil Neville

9-3

On a side note, good joke by Phil Neville about social media.

I thought fair play to him on that, he will learn.

Like many of us he probably watches football in a bubble where invariably watching the game just absorbs your mind. I use to sit next to the Landlord of The Junction pub St Denys (?) in Junior Saints every week, Mrs JBS one drive home said the pair of us just talked to each other about the game before our eyes in the strangest of ways without once looking at each other and little emotion.

Trouble is we have all been spoilt by his brother, but at least Lurch is better than Jamie Carragher, who despite a bit of training still makes your ears bleed.

So in summary they are all rubbish, right?

Pretty much this, co-commentators are a bit like goal music, if you're involved with the game and the game is entertaining you then you don't even really notice if they are good or bad. I really enjoyed the England game Saturday and although I was aware that PN was doing the co-comm it didn't stand out to me that he was particularly 'bad' nor did it cross my mind that something over 400 people would flood the Beeb with 'complaints'. Haven't these sad-sacks got anything better to do with their time?

I used the red button & listened to 5 live. Understandably more commentary due to its target audience but at least they knew what they were talking about and were interesting.

Last Saturday morning 'Trooping the Colours' shown on 'the Beeb' had the option of No commentary but still kept the back-ground sound.

B...dy marvellous. !

Why can't the Beeb do the same with the World Cup broadcasts. I don't have some prat yapping in my ear at SMS so why do I have to suffer one paid handsomely from my licence fee. ?

No point in putting this to ITV as its a struggle for them to even show the goals.

Last Saturday morning 'Trooping the Colours' shown on 'the Beeb' had the option of No commentary but still kept the back-ground sound.

B...dy marvellous. !

Why can't the Beeb do the same with the World Cup broadcasts. I don't have some prat yapping in my ear at SMS so why do I have to suffer one paid handsomely from my licence fee. ?

No point in putting this to ITV as its a struggle for them to even show the goals.

Yes I fully agree. The level of the commentary (and the punditry) has plumbed new depths. Some of the studio folk sound as if they are bored stiff.