The Players We Should Sign From This WC

Noodles34

I like it when people say names of players they know we could never sign. Great banter.

Its even better when 6 people have already said that name. In the excitement of making a funny, people haven't got time to read the thread and realise that its already been done, and wasn't funny then either.

Oh, Pele, btw.

De Vrij (Feyenoord) player looked good for the Dutch last night.

According to this from a respected Italian journalist Feyenoord are ready to sell. Sounds reasonable asking price too, cheaper than Caulker would be for example.

Feyenoord’s De Vrij scored in his World Cup debut, Lazio… - http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/feyenoords-de-vrij-scored-in-his-world-cup-debut-lazio/

That James Rodriguez is a top player, we should sign him. I've always wanted a player called J Rodriguez to play for Saints......

....oh wait...

Perhaps we should sign the Swiss left back as well if Shaw leaves. That'll confuse them.

We need a CB, esp if Lovren goes: either or both of de Vrij or Martins Indi from Feyenoord/Holland would be great. Koeman knows them, young and talented, should only get better & already very good. Both tall & good in the air too. Problem: there'll probably be bigger clubs in for them. I'm not even going to mention Blind, because he'll deffo go to a CL club.

Who does this Campbell fella play for?

My mrs said they said he was an Arsenal player when I was out of the room, she don't know f all about football, does she?

on another note, hope to see monkey chops crying if this holds out.

seems like Uruguay rate the influence of Gaston as much as many of us!

My mrs said they said he was an Arsenal player when I was out of the room, she don't know f all about football, does she?

About this, your missus is correct.

Uruguay been a bit pants really. They obviously miss Suarez, as Liverpool would do similarly.

Campbell has no fear. Hopefully Sterling will be the same for us. Can't see Arsenal letting him go in a hurry...

He's an Arsenal player but he's been on loan at Olympiacos last season.

Ricardo Rodriguez looks a useful left back for Switzerland. He plays for FC Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. 21 years old. I am sure we could tempt him :-)

Doubt if we'll be first in the queue though, a very sought after player apparently. He'll end up at Bayern Munich or AC Milan.

Ricardo Rodriguez looks a useful left back for Switzerland. He plays for FC Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga. 21 years old. I am sure we could tempt him :-)

He was mentioned/discussed last night in anticiaption of the Swiss match today.

Produced 2 assists and also supplied the pass for the *goal* which was incorrectly flagged offside.

If you want another one, look out for Komborov for Russia on Tuesday.

He's only just brought the ball down brilliantly and set up the winner. Looks a great player

True. But I was watching him for a while before that and he was often slow to back others up and often out of position. Good delivery for the first goal from the corner but I think we could do better.

True. But I was watching him for a while before that and he was often slow to back others up and often out of position. Good delivery for the first goal from the corner but I think we could do better.

The lad's 21 though - plenty of time to improve on that aspect of his game. With a coach like Koeman to mentor him on the defensive art I think he could come on in leaps and bounds!