First interview and in English!

Saint-Beer

This was obvious, it's as if people have had their anger ready and waiting! Who cares? He can just say he was always planning to do it in english this season even if he stayed and no-one can prove otherwise.

As ever, I wonder how many people are actually truly angry about this. I thought it was funny and can understand mock outrage, but are people honestly getting worked up over this?

Not sure what the fuss is, he was just a head of department and easily replaceable, and if the rumour is to be believed he nearly got the chop around December. I'm sure he would have kept that in mind once Spurs got in touch with him. I don't mind that he didn't speak English - never really warmed to the guy in the same way as with Adkins. He did pretty well overall but still can't believe how he failed to beat Sunderland or Spurs. I think that sums up how I feel about the guy, and I expect the Spurs supporters agree to a large extent. Their recent history suggests he won't last long.

mo pos gone so the hate brigade need to move on,does anyone expect any saints manager to stay long term in the modern game. its just another job for them. he did a good job while he was here just like adkins and pardew before him. i,m just hoping the next manager is has good has he was for the club and builds on the progress of this club.

Certainly seems like you care!

Pretty much this. Never really took to him. Sure he's a good coach but he it became obvious very quickly that he didn't ever really care about the club, just his own career and ambition. He was overrated as a coach. As Nige used to say, draw a blue line under it and move on. I'm sure we will

Pretty much this. Never really took to him. Sure he's a good coach but he it became obvious very quickly that he didn't ever really care about the club, just his own career and ambition. He was overrated as a coach. As Nige used to say, draw a blue line under it and move on. I'm sure we will

Haven't we already moved on? I didn't even bother clicking on the link - no interest in Spurs. As MP is their manager, no interest in him either. Do people search out Reading and Newcastle's websites to see what their managers are saying?

It's a bit weird, and all these girlfriend/wife analogies. He's a professional football coach who did well for us and in turn was offered a better job. That's it.

Agreed. It's like seeing your ex-wife suddenly using all sorts of weird analogies with her new man!

I always thought his use of a translator was a stroke of genius at Saints- if he speaks through his translator he can't be mis-quoted or have his words twisted in the press. The language barrier meant that the translated phrasing was always the translators 'version', and whereas the football press would normally take quotes and twist them to mean whatever they want, they could never do that with Poch. It protected the players and it protected him from criticism. Now that he's speaking English, watch him become the target when things go bad!

I always thought his use of a translator was a stroke of genius at Saints- if he speaks through his translator he can't be mis-quoted or have his words twisted in the press. The language barrier meant that the translated phrasing was always the translators 'version', and whereas the football press would normally take quotes and twist them to mean whatever they want, they could never do that with Poch. It protected the players and it protected him from criticism. Now that he's speaking English, watch him become the target when things go bad!

Yep, while annoying for Saints fan it's only going to remove that shield from the media. So probably a good thing assuming we all want him to fail abysmally and get sacked by Christmas. I certainly do.

Cant believe the outrage... hilarious that some of you are Soooo angry.... if anything just shows what a prat Levy is if this is the kind of thing he thinks is important - sure it plays to the media/PR brigage (a reward for their 'help' in securing the switch no doubt if I was being cynical... but playing the media game can be useful) but I prefer our approach which was to protect us and the manager from misinterpretation...

Pards.... Nige.... MP....?

Key to our progress and success was not one man, but the CONTINUITY is style and appraoch with each able to provide incremental improvements on his predesessors - its that CONTINUITY is style and approach that will be key. If the new man has his 'own' brand and style and wants that or nothing, we will struggle no matter who is appointed.

It's a bit weird, and all these girlfriend/wife analogies. He's a professional football coach who did well for us and in turn was offered a better job. That's it.

Haven't read the complete thread, but this is on the nail. The best way to get over one boyfriend is to get under another one. Suck it up!

God, you lot are childish and tedious. Bit whoop, we've all spent the last 18 months telling everyone he spoke English.

I wrote 'What's it matter. Fk him.'.

I thought this showed that I had accepted what has happened and moved on with a slight under tone of bitterness.

I'll take childlike but you can wind your neck in with the childish.

think it was part of his contract that Levy stipulated that he had to conduct interviews in English.....

I have heard the same from a Spurs fan - Levy stipulated in his contract that he should speak English as it was not good commercially for Spurs him speaking in Spanish.