Dejan Lovren hands in transfer request

Saint-Armstrong

but I'd be happy with £15 million - just as long as he didn't go to Spurs !
he is worth 2or3 times that to us. We need a good defence and to lose th kingpin would be a disaster. He is vital to us this season. Having Jose, Hooliveld and Yoshidas as our centre backs is daunting

he is worth 2or3 times that to us. We need a good defence and to lose th kingpin would be a disaster. He is vital to us this season. Having Jose, Hooliveld and Yoshidas as our centre backs is daunting

But hes not worth £45m to us is he? If anyone offered anywhere near that we'd snap their hand off and buy someone just as good for half the money. None of our players are irreplaceable, apart from maybe Shaw and even then there are prices where it would make sense to sell.

I'd say Lovern is easily a 20+ million defender.

I'd also say he is probably the hardest to replace

I had a conversation with a fellow saints fan the other day where we tried to decide which current premiership centre backs are better then our Dejan. Honeslty struggled to find too many. Kompany obviously ... Maybe Koscielny at Arsenal ... A case could be made for Terry ... Beyond that? Nobody at Utd, Vertonghen spends half his life at LB.

So essentially Lovren is, at least, the fourth or fifth best CB in the league. He is not even in his prime yet. He has a long contract. We aren't exactly spoilt at CB. Essentially his value is bound to be sky-high!

I know this goes against the bedwetters but didnt he do an interview about a month ago saying he wanted to stay here and there is NO evidence he has handed in a transfer request only press tittle tattle stirred up by the usual suspects.

I know this goes against the bedwetters but didnt he do an interview about a month ago saying he wanted to stay here and there is NO evidence he has handed in a transfer request only press tittle tattle stirred up by the usual suspects.

We shall find out soon enough I guess, suppose he'll be back from Brazil tomorrow, don't know if he'd be expected to return to SMS before he takes his holidays though.

Anyway there seems to be plenty of wheeling and dealing going on in Brazil just now, they said on French TV yesterday that Wenger receives agents proposing players to him nigh on every day whilst he's out there working for TF1, can't be the only one can he, bet he's tapping up like crazy as well, he has players in a lot of squads to visit.

I had a conversation with a fellow saints fan the other day where we tried to decide which current premiership centre backs are better then our Dejan. Honeslty struggled to find too many. Kompany obviously ... Maybe Koscielny at Arsenal ... A case could be made for Terry ... Beyond that? Nobody at Utd, Vertonghen spends half his life at LB.

So essentially Lovren is, at least, the fourth or fifth best CB in the league. He is not even in his prime yet. He has a long contract. We aren't exactly spoilt at CB. Essentially his value is bound to be sky-high!

The link below is from January 2014 and Dejan was the only Premier League CB listed in the top 10 CBs of Europe.

http://footballstudio.net/?p=348

just looking at Dejan's twitter profile. Could have sworn it was him in croatian colours the other day. Now its back to all Southampton related picks.

Here's hoping the chance of working with one of the greatest attacking defenders of all time may have persuaded him to stay, at least until the January window.

And Lovren wouldn't have been on most lists last summer. So who knows.

It's depressing but if these people are desperate to leave it's best they do. None of these people are bigger than the club. If they all want to congratulate each other on getting out and getting their big club break then fine, but don't expect our fans to react well.

Koeman is known for getting the best out of lesser players so heres hoping!

And Lovren wouldn't have been on most lists last summer. So who knows.

It's depressing but if these people are desperate to leave it's best they do. None of these people are bigger than the club. If they all want to congratulate each other on getting out and getting their big club break then fine, but don't expect our fans to react well.

When i was told about the Lallana and Shaw situations, I was reassured by who we are lining up to replace them. Btw no-one from either club was supposed to talk about the Shaw transfer until it was done. Which is why i couldn't say anything, and Luke had to do some hasty editing!

Lovren is the only player I'm worried about. I've heard who we are lining up if DL goes, and I'm not sure they would come. I hope I'm wrong, and RK has some influence i don't know about.

In other news, K.Billy's source tells him that we have a new GK and GK coach lined up.

Btw no-one from either club was supposed to talk about the Shaw transfer until it was done. Which is why i couldn't say anything, and Luke had to do some hasty editing!

Anything you can add, that's not already in the public domain, now the deed is done?

Thank you kind sir :)

When i was told about the Lallana and Shaw situations, I was reassured by who we are lining up to replace them. Btw no-one from either club was supposed to talk about the Shaw transfer until it was done. Which is why i couldn't say anything, and Luke had to do some hasty editing!

Lovren is the only player I'm worried about. I've heard who we are lining up if DL goes, and I'm not sure they would come. I hope I'm wrong, and RK has some influence i don't know about.

In other news, K.Billy's source tells him that we have a new GK and GK coach lined up.

Erwin Mulder/Joop Hiele?

Thanks for the update.

Are we likely to see some transfers in imminently as we really do need some good news and to also see what sort of players Koeman can attract?

Shaw was inevitable, Lallana disappointing. If Lovren goes are we saying no more sales other than someone like Osvaldo or do you think Morgan, J Rod, Cork etc will also be leaving? Surely our borad must know they must start saying no to players leaving and if too many leave it puts us in a very dangerous position next year imo

So Guan - how about Morgan? Did your source mention him?

I was reassured by who we are lining up to replace them.

i would like to be similarly reassured pls! I gather ur not naming names tho, i am accepting clues along the lines:

1) Is they from Domestic or from Foreign?

b) Is they playing at World Cup?

IV) Is they young bros or old bros?

3) Is they handsome?

In the Dutch league, from there to the cut and thrust against the world's finest in the PL is a major step. There is no place for mediocrity if you want to do well in the PL.

If the Netherlands performances in the World Cup so far are anything to go on, then bring on the mediocrity.

If the Netherlands performances in the World Cup so far are anything to go on, then bring on the mediocrity.

Robben,Schneider and RVP don't play in the dutch league, they are the main architects of Holland's success. T"were it not for Robben's lightning pace and exquisite ball control they'd look very ordinary.

pls can you get an avatar Minty? We use avatars to identify who is posting without going to the trouble and inconvenience of reading ur name. If you cannot afford an avatar, one will be allocated to you from lost + found.

Regards

Imagine this is 'QI' and I'm Stephen Fry... and now the alarm is going off and 'Fence' is flashing up on the screen in big letters.

Predictable. ;)

When you get to my age Minty the obvious is a blessing. Anything vaguely imaginative went with my hair years ago!

Stefan De Vrij

just looking at Dejan's twitter profile. Could have sworn it was him in croatian colours the other day. Now its back to all Southampton related picks.

Here's hoping the chance of working with one of the greatest attacking defenders of all time may have persuaded him to stay, at least until the January window.

There is no evidence that he handed in a transfer request, he has stated publicly that he doesn't want to leave, and that he loves the club and the fans.

Since the rumour broke that he has handed in a transfer request, he has been uploading saints pics to his profile....

Doesn't look like a player on the move...

Plus him and fonte are attached at the hip!

Will be our star player next season, him and morgan.

Adam is not a big loss, you will see. Could by sanchez or predro for £15-18m, and we don't have to worry about the homegrown player rule.

As for shaw, I sure hope we have some good add ons in there. Because he is going to be worth a fortune in years to come.

Good deal for the short term, kick ourselves in the long term - either way, better than bale as a transfer from our perspective. That really was a **** up!

Would fully expect this one to go through imminently.

I think Shaw, Lallana, Lovren and Morgan will be our departures. I can see Osvaldo and Gaston leaving as well, just to trim up the squad. Players like Mcqueen, Reed and Gallagher will have more prominent roles, this is what I was told from the word go.

I think we'll sign Pele - £8m, Tadic - £10m, Virgil - £6m, Kolo - £6m and a new GK - not sure who just yet. Got a slight ITK scoop that we may also be attempting to secure Jordy Clasie as well as De Vrij - but we'll see, probably 2 long shots based on our current position.

I think the loss of Morgan will be absorbed with the larger role for Harry Reed, who will in effect become the cover - and JWP will probably play most weeks, I'd have thought.

I think Shaw, Lallana, Lovren and Morgan will be our departures. I can see Osvaldo and Gaston leaving as well, just to trim up the squad. Players like Mcqueen, Reed and Gallagher will have more prominent roles, this is what I was told from the word go.

I think we'll sign Pele - £8m, Tadic - £10m, Virgil - £6m, Kolo - £6m and a new GK - not sure who just yet. Got a slight ITK scoop that we may also be attempting to secure Jordy Clasie as well as De Vrij - but we'll see, probably 2 long shots based on our current position.

I think the loss of Morgan will be absorbed with the larger role for Harry Reed, who will in effect become the cover - and JWP will probably play most weeks, I'd have thought.

A credible ITK scoop?

People who would be happy to sell Lovren need a lobotomy.

The guy is one of the best defenders in Europe.

Our spine of Wanyama, Morgan, Lovren, Fonte and Boruc had us in a CL spot and for ten games we were the second best defence in Europe.

As soon as one of them was injured we leaked like an Italian battleship...

Shaw is a blow, Adam is sad, but any of the above would be bloody madness!

Lovren will be the one I will be most disappointed to lose. Closely followed by Morgan. I can handle the departure of Shaw and Adam but losing the other two is a huge blow and unprecedented for a team in our position to lose so much in one window.

Agree with this.

Credible, I think. Same person who broke the Gaston story to me a few years back - take a look through the archives, still proud of that being my 1 and only ITK claim to fame.

Why only slight? Surely it's a potential shout-it-from-the-rooftops scoop.

If true, then can only conclude that the finances must be in a mess. Why else would we do the above.