Dejan Lovren hands in transfer request

Saint-Armstrong

If true,he can get fooked,his stock was low in France and we took a punt on him and gave him the opportunity he needed

Is it backlash time? I always thought he was over-rated! Such clumsy, such reckless. Poor man's Jose Fonte. Jack Stephen's will be twice the player.

Dear Dejan,

Thank you for your email. Given your comments, no more than two weeks ago, we assumed your email had been hacked, or you had mistaken the date for April the 1st.

As these two conclusions appear to be incorrect, I can only express my disappointment. I will however refer you back to your own comments, where you explain that; "You are contracted to the club and any decisions regarding your future can only de decided by us". Wise words indeed.

All players have been made aware that both incoming and out going transfers,cannot be sanctioned or completed until the new manager is in situ. You will also know from your own experience 11 months ago, that transfers (In and out) are not at the sole discretion of any one individual and are instead subject to approval from a select committee. Following your email a straw poll, suggested that all other committee members would reject your request, so even in the unlikely event that the new manager was in favour of allowing you a transfer, it would be vetoed. There was however a small caveat to this, where offers in excess of 40 million sterling would be considered favourably .

Upon your return from the World cup, I would be happy to sit down with you and update your contract accordingly and indeed could even discuss enhanced terms in recognition of your performances last season.

The 40 million buy out clause, should give you great comfort with regard to the esteem you are held at this club, by both the staff and the fans. The other good news, is that we all share your ambition to play Champions League football and together with our new additions this close season, we will continue to strive towards this goal.

Best of luck for the World Cup and I look forward to catching up at Staplewood when you return.

Kind Regards

Uncle Lessy

P.s xx

If the club have not acknowledged the request who has leaked this ?

In Reeds video yesterday he started saying about players publically expressing desire to leave then quickly changed it to clubs trying to unsettle players

It all sounds fishy to me

If true,he can get fooked,his stock was low in France and we took a punt on him and gave him the opportunity he needed

Also all this bullsh1t about change in chairman/manager is a cop out,MoPo had jumped ship and by the looks of it we are getting a better manager if Les is to be believed

Cortese has gone and been replaced with RK,granted he is no NC but KL seems to have the same goals/visions as NC to fufill her late fathers wishes and she owns the bloody club !!!

I know there is no loyalty in football but if Lovren & Lallana force there way out after 1 good season with us I wish them nothing but failure and misery :-)

You need to get those ideas out of your head, Lyon tarted him around, probably because it's a club full of knobs, supported by knobs and run by knobs.

Aulas wanted to play kids who were garbage in the hope that he could sell them for huge profits to finance their new stadium. Lost a good manager because of him being the aforesaid knobbish self and replaced him with the tea boy who has now finally seen the light and thrown in the towel, replaced with a non-entity from Reims. Aulas is French for Rupert Lowe.

My god, but you're naive!

The press are always straightforward and tell the honest truth as well, eh?

Or is it just case of you wanting to believe?

So you think that Ashton went into work and decided to make something up.

He could have made anything up, but decided to make something up about Southampton rather than a bigger club.

Once he decided to make something up about Southampton, he didn't pick Luke or Adam but thought he'd make something up about Lovren.

He then decided to make something up that can be instantly proved or denied, rather than add the caveat "I understand" .

Let the tosser go. With all these mercenaries in the squad, it really makes me think back and admire the true legends of the last 5 years. Guys that got us up under Adkins like Lambert, Richardson, Chaplow, Hammond, Fonte, Fox and Barnard etc. That was probably the most proud I've ever been of a Saints squad. That was what proper team spirit looks like. Not this bunch of overpaid tossers.

Does make me laugh that an hour after the Mail broke this story, the Echo are repeating it as fact claiming they have spoken to sources close to Lovren. Well, why didn't they do that yesterday. The echo truly is a rag

Because they didn't know about the story yesterday?

Do I win?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let the tosser go. With all these mercenaries in the squad, it really makes me think back and admire the true legends of the last 5 years. Guys that got us up under Adkins like Lambert, Richardson, Chaplow, Hammond, Fonte, Fox and Barnard etc. That was probably the most proud I've ever been of a Saints squad. That was what proper team spirit looks like. Not this bunch of overpaid tossers.

Good post and i agree. However, honestly believe we just need a manager to come in that loves the club, fans and spirit of the city. That will soon rub off on the players like it did under Adkins.

Some repair work to be done, but all is not lost.

COYR

If they had been better players and in demand from bigger clubs, maybe they would have been off too.

If they had been better players and in demand from bigger clubs, maybe they would have been off too.

Word.

If we want to take the moral high ground we should have played all of them in the Premiership and duly embarrassed ourselves as a mark of gratitude to their service.

The bank run phenomenon (irrational to start one, rational to join one) is in full swing.

@alex_crook: It is true #lfc target Dejan Lovren has handed in a transfer request after #saintsfc bosses ignored his phone calls to discuss his future

Yeah really. Nothing to do with a bigger club offering more money sniffing around...........nothing at all

Don't really have a problem with players wanting to move up the football food chain but at least they owe the fans is honesty. (" it's not you it's me") Just admit you don't want to be at the club because you've head a better offer. Adam and Dejan trying to make out they're only leaving because of the nasty board is just insulting.

Edited by doddisalegend

The same guys that left clubs, in some cases dropping a division, to get paid more money by us?

Out of interest, why do you think these players came to us in the first place? A deep and ingrained love of SFC?

Now in the echo who are using 'their sources' to confirm.

But I'm still incredibly intrigued as to why this was released today, why not yesterday, or the day before? or at the start of the month? Why has it been kept quiet for 2 weeks? Why today, the day after a 'positive' club statement?

It feels like scripted bits and bobs are being fed out when they feel they'd have the most impact. I'm coming to the opinion that someone is manipulating this quite cleverly behind the scenes.

Now in the echo who are using 'their sources' to confirm.

But I'm still incredibly intrigued as to why this was released today, why not yesterday, or the day before? or at the start of the month? Why has it been kept quiet for 2 weeks? Why today, the day after a 'positive' club statement?

It feels like scripted bits and bobs are being fed out when they feel they'd have the most impact. I'm coming to the opinion that someone is manipulating this quite cleverly behind the scenes.

Apologies for seeming naive, but what would be the aim/end game of that person if they were indeed manipulating it from behind the scenes? Serious question.

Apologies for seeming naive, but what would be the aim/end game of that person if they were indeed manipulating it from behind the scenes? Serious question.

Upsetting the apple cart and the image of the people who pushed him out. Making themselves look utterly amazing and indispensable in the process. Quite clear to me now as to who is up to their tricks.

do you think fonte dropped a division because he loved SFC

or that lambert came to us in the first place (and dropped bristol rovers like a stone) for the pride of playing for saints????

If this is true . Then all these players who are focussing on transfers to new clubs should be dropped from their relevant World Cup teams as they are not focused on winning the World Cup for their respective countries. bloody bunch of money grabbing tossers

Oh don't get me started on journos .

I'm suprised big Adam hasn't tweeted this yet.

Maybe that's a good sign he hasn't and Ashton and the scum rag are just messing with saints fans minds

If this is true . Then all these players who are focussing on transfers to new clubs should be dropped from their relevant World Cup teams as they are not focused on winning the World Cup for their respective countries. bloody bunch of money grabbing tossers

Oh don't get me started on journos .

I'm suprised big Adam hasn't tweeted this yet.

Maybe that's a good sign he hasn't and Ashton and the scum rag are just messing with saints fans minds

dont pretend they do all this for the love of the sport

Upsetting the apple cart and the image of the people who pushed him out. Making themselves look utterly amazing and indispensable in the process. Quite clear to me now as to who is up to their tricks.

So would you simply put it down to a serious case of wanting revenge for revenge's sake, or more to it than that?

So would you simply put it down to a serious case of wanting revenge for revenge's sake, or more to it than that?

Someone who didn't get his own way and didn't want to see success occur without him being there, that's what I'm seeing at the moment. NC did a lot of good for this club, don't get me wrong, but he also has the potential to do a lot of damage. He got too close to the players in an unhealthy kind of way and this is why we're seeing what we're seeing now. He's in the background unsettling the apple cart and at the moment we seemingly have no direction at the club to stop that, which is the frustrating thing. Get ourselves a decent experienced manager on board and re-newed ambitions and we may have ourselves a salvageable situation, but if we continue to wait....then the media and certain 'pals' will continue to take advantage of us.

Without reading the thread, I find it hard to believe a player set to feature in his first World Cup game TOMORROW is concerned about his future at Southampton at this present moment in time

If he has, then screw him, we get a large profit and replace him. If he hasn't, journalists need to stop writing sensationalist ******** to make them feel like they have power to influence footballing proceedings.

Now I'll go back and read the thread.

Guan has largely rubbished this theory.

Statement from the club that we have had a transfer request but we absolutely will not sell and will speak to Dejan when he comes home to explain why.

Completely fook up his world cup, with no contact but continual repetition of the fact he wont be sold........ Don't do it with the other players (Lallana and shaw)

And watch him explode

Someone who didn't get his own way and didn't want to see success occur without him being there, that's what I'm seeing at the moment. NC did a lot of good for this club, don't get me wrong, but he also has the potential to do a lot of damage. He got too close to the players in an unhealthy kind of way and this is why we're seeing what we're seeing now. He's in the background unsettling the apple cart and at the moment we seemingly have no direction at the club to stop that, which is the frustrating thing. Get ourselves a decent experienced manager on board and re-newed ambitions and we may have ourselves a salvageable situation, but if we continue to wait....then the media and certain 'pals' will continue to take advantage of us.

Thats the biggy!! The next appointment will speak volumes as to the direction we can expect to be travelling. Nervous.

It's ok. It's in The Daily Mail. (Echo copied).

In tomorrow's Mail there's an article about his affair with Princess Diana, on Friday there's a story about his dad being a leading Nazi and on Saturday there will be one about him being one of those nasty EU immigrants.

I go with the Sky report - which is a quote from Lovren, not a planted Liverpool FC story.

I have always remained pretty optimistic about the club even when the deceitful Argie jumped ship .but this news on lovern has really ****ed me off . Sod the World Cup .

I'm supporting England but only in the hockey World Cup semi finals tomorrow .

The soccer equivalent . Well I really cannot even consider watching them . I might just support Poland and Japan as boruc and maya are the only ones who have not asked for a transfer .

Roy and co I really hope you don't go beyond the group stages . Come on Italy

Yep I'm bloody angry with journos negative stories

Interesting Ashton and the mail released this after the les read interview yesterday . Has NC anything to do with this .?

Did les read whistleblow on NC open cheque book ideology and blabbed to The owners ?

Duncan have you spoken to Adam Blackmore this evening . If so what is his take on the story ?

I really. Hope it is bollixs

Good player but overated by some fans gave the ball away cheaply at times, stats prove it, think he gave the ball away more then any other defender bar 1 last season, however fully expect him to get better.

No loyalty form a player i expected better from.

It would have to be someone bitter and very petty with a track record for acting rashly and over the top when they don't get everything their way. Possibly small of stature.

Players haven't been communicated with properly since change of hands at boardroom level, this could have been avoided if we'd reassured them about our ambitions. Uncle les's interview is nothing more than fluffy lip service and a lot of you have been duped again. Say goodbye to Morgan too