Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

How? Les said they were close but paperwork is taking time. To me, if Ronnie is making sure the contract he signs stipulates the transfer budget he will get, that sounds like paper work...

How the committee will work. When does he get money. What the budget for year 2, 3 4 etc will be. What happens to the budget if he exceeds targets and gets CL (I know). Can he have more transfer budget if he keeps wages down etc

How? Les said they were close but paperwork is taking time. To me, if Ronnie is making sure the contract he signs stipulates the transfer budget he will get, that sounds like paper work...

I think LR said that the manager would get all money from transfers. Unless Koeman is questioning the press reports that he was going to be given £50m plus player sales?

Crook = annoying odious turd

Blackmore = Decent local journo.

IMHO

Why?

Do you not think Alex Crook has got his sources?

Despite what most people think on here, he's actually a very-well respected journalist at most national newspapers and does a lot of work for Sky Sports.

None of these organisations would use him if they didn't trust him or his product.

Yeah, Tuchel is pretty much another version of MP, I just hope he's a more decent human being.

Unimpressive record compared to Koeman, Moyes, Mancini, Ranieri. Better than Steve Bruce though.

Won't match Les Reeds promise that the fans will be excited.

Blackmore not expecting any news re Manager this week, more likely next week.

Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! Right, starting tomorrow I'm going to St Mary's and I'm going to kill one member of staff every hour until a new manager is appointed....

...OK not seriously, but starting to get impatient now. It'd be nice to get this sorted before the World Cup. Doubt that'll happen now. Maybe it's wise of the club to appoint a manager during the World Cup so the appointment goes largely under the radar but it'd be nice to know what the future holds soon.

who the fuk is Tuchel and how does he rate in 'top managers from around europe' stakes?

Did our les say the preferred candidate was a top manager from Europe? I've got a brain like a sieve so could be wrong but I thought he was quite vague on that. I read it as him saying some of the applications came from people with champions league experience etc, but even then did he say whether this experience was playing or managerial? At least Tuchel has previously been touted as one of the most promising young European managers, for example here http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/01/six-best-young-european-managers so I'd be surprised if they hadn't considered him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did our les say the preferred candidate was a top manager from Europe? I've got a brain like a sieve so could be wrong but I thought he was quite vague on that. I read it as him saying some of the applications came from people with champions league experience etc, but even then did he say whether this experience was playing or managerial? At least Tuchel has previously been touted as one of the most promising young European managers, for example here http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/01/six-best-young-european-managers so I'd be surprised if they hadn't considered him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's how I understood it too.

Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! Right, starting tomorrow I'm going to St Mary's and I'm going to kill one member of staff every hour until a new manager is appointed....

Just don't kill the tall blonde guy with a funny accent, wearing an oddly tight shirt! O the irony!

OK - until now I've been firmly among those who would like to see Yakin here, though it's now looking quite possible that he could end up at Galatasaray. Realistically, I suspect we will see Koeman appointed some time next week. However, the talk about Tuchel has got me dreaming fantasies!! lol

Allow me to explain why...!

* Tuchel has also adopted a style of play very similar to MoPo - as has been well-documented on this forum. However that is not all...

* Tuchel has worked at Mainz using the "differential training" approach developed by Professor Wolfgang Schöllhorn of Mainz University (see this article for example: http://www.soccerissue.com/2014/06/08/remember-theres-strength-in-uniqueness/)

* Mainz have come from nowhere to being a top side in Germany using both of these.

Now, this is where it gets especially interesting (or where the happy pills start to take me of into some unknown realm of fantasy!)...

* Croatia are also using the "differential training" approach to ready themselves for the World Cup (see http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/11/croatia-niko-kovac-park-bus-brazil-world-cup-2014)

* Dejan Lovren plays for Croatia, but rumours have today surfaced suggesting that he has handed in a transfer request... (seeing where this is going yet?!)

What if...

* Croatia stun the world by beating Brazil tomorrow and go on to have a blistering World Cup...

* Dejan Lovren finds himself falling in love with the "differential training" method.

* Southampton appoint Tuchel...

Putting it all-together.... might this result in the following fantasy-dream scenario...

* Lovren is so excited by Tuchel's appointment (and what that will mean in terms of style of play and coaching methods) that he withdraws the rumoured transfer request and

* Lallana and Shaw become convinced by both Lovren and Tuchel that they should stay and

* Saints with Tuchel as our manager convince some great, up-and-coming, talented players to sign for us and

* We end up finishing in the top 4 next season, above both Liverpool and United!

Anyone care to dream the dream with me?!!! lol

OK - until now I've been firmly among those who would like to see Yakin here, though it's now looking quite possible that he could end up at Galatasaray. Realistically, I suspect we will see Koeman appointed some time next week. However, the talk about Tuchel has got me dreaming fantasies!! lol

Allow me to explain why...!

* Tuchel has also adopted a style of play very similar to MoPo - as has been well-documented on this forum. However that is not all...

* Tuchel has worked at Mainz using the "differential training" approach developed by Professor Wolfgang Schöllhorn of Mainz University (see this article for example: http://www.soccerissue.com/2014/06/08/remember-theres-strength-in-uniqueness/)

* Mainz have come from nowhere to being a top side in Germany using both of these.

Now, this is where it gets especially interesting (or where the happy pills start to take me of into some unknown realm of fantasy!)...

* Croatia are also using the "differential training" approach to ready themselves for the World Cup (see http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/11/croatia-niko-kovac-park-bus-brazil-world-cup-2014)

* Dejan Lovren plays for Croatia, but rumours have today surfaced suggesting that he has handed in a transfer request... (seeing where this is going yet?!)

What if...

* Croatia stun the world by beating Brazil tomorrow and go on to have a blistering World Cup...

* Dejan Lovren finds himself falling in love with the "differential training" method.

* Southampton appoint Tuchel...

Putting it all-together.... might this result in the following fantasy-dream scenario...

* Lovren is so excited by Tuchel's appointment (and what that will mean in terms of style of play and coaching methods) that he withdraws the rumoured transfer request and

* Lallana and Shaw become convinced by both Lovren and Tuchel that they should stay and

* Saints with Tuchel as our manager convince some great, up-and-coming, talented players to sign for us and

* We end up finishing in the top 4 next season, above both Liverpool and United!

Anyone care to dream the dream with me?!!! lol

Why not Champions?

Personally am disappointed this hasn't been completed before the world cup starts (well, they have 14 hours).

Arbitrary and meaningless deadline but I think they should have hit it really. Oh well. Keep waiting.

Shouldn't be a prob, we are one of the top 20 clubs In the world according to Les :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Unfairly twisting his words there. "top 8 premier league, that's almost top 20 in the world"

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Some random on twitter:

Ronald Koeman is a done deal. Final paperwork now in place. COYR

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Of course it was.

Why else would RK have flown to Miami if it wasn't to tell our lads who the next manager was going to be.

Well, apart from Airmiles, a Miami Sound Machine Concert, Round of Golf at Doral, trip to the Outlet Mall up the road near Fort Lauderdale, Couple of pints of Sam Adams, a Chilli Dog.................

If it is Tuchel, maybe the 'paperwork' was discussion with Mainz over compensation ?

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2013/0000294912.php

"Tuchel will neither receive a salary from the club, who have already appointed ex-FC Nordsjælland tactician Kasper Hjulmand as his successor, nor be in a position to take on a new job elsewhere without the 05ers' explicit permission, until his existing deal expires on 30 June 2015. Any club looking to appoint the 40-year-old in the meantime would have to recompense Mainz for his services."

I dont really care who the manager is he will either be sacked or leave for better things in a couple of years

Apart from Wenger I think probably Pardew is the longest serving PL manager and he has not been there that long