Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

So you are ITK from a very good source, and you also vote for A N Other.....which means to me that it is going to be A N Other.

Right, off to the bookies later to put a fiver on Zizou.

Hold on? We're appointing someone from a Disney Junior cartoon??

zou.aspx

Going by Les Reed's recent interview, he said they were taking things like International,Champions League, Europa League and League Titles into consideration. Bruce fails on all those so would be surprised if we would then appoint someone who only has championship and premiership experience.

Les Reed's interview was just a word jumble, I wouldn't take any particular part of it too literally were I you.

Hold on? We're appointing someone from a Disney Junior cartoon??

zou.aspx

I presume that that zebra looking thing is called Zizou.

I have a theory. Zizou has 4 kids in the Real academy. Maybe the departures from our academy were part of the deal!! Maybe they weren't. But it's Friday and I am happy posting bullocks as that means I don't have to go and cut the grass.

Going by Les Reed's recent interview, he said they were taking things like International,Champions League, Europa League and League Titles into consideration. Bruce fails on all those so would be surprised if we would then appoint someone who only has championship and premiership experience.

Exactly he said

"In the end, we whittled it down from managers who’ve won trophies, won leagues, won European competitions, had vast experience of playing in the Champions League and European cups and so on"

I would be very surprised if he says that then goes for a guy who finished 8 places below us last season and had a 56% loss ratio that year.

Unless he means they won those things as a player of course.

Exactly he said

"In the end, we whittled it down from managers who’ve won trophies, won leagues, won European competitions, had vast experience of playing in the Champions League and European cups and so on"

I would be very surprised if he says that then goes for a guy who finished 8 places below us last season and had a 56% loss ratio that year.

"In the end, we whittled it down from managers who’ve won trophies, won leagues, won European competitions, had vast experience of playing in the Champions League and European cups and so on and successfully managed to whittle it down to someone with none of the above credits who matches our ambition and board persona. We're confident the fans will be excited by the appointment much in the same way that prisoners get excited when their cells are accidentally left unlocked and riots start.

"In the end, we whittled it down from managers who’ve won trophies, won leagues, won European competitions, had vast experience of playing in the Champions League and European cups and so on and successfully managed to whittle it down to someone with none of the above credits who matches our ambition and board persona. We're confident the fans will be excited by the appointment much in the same way that prisoners get excited when their cells are accidentally left unlocked and riots start.

:lol: it was all there in the subtext!

Nah phuket, having lived in Singers myself he will be on a 7pm flight on jet airways or something similar as its packed every friday and then get **** faced and see loads of pro's and trannies so a bit like visiting portsmouth

Apart from the flies, the diseases and the s hite ..... in Portsmouth of course.

Well, that's another week gone without a managerial appointment. More players unhappy and potential targets missed. By the time our new manager arrives he's going to have a lot of work to do.

Two weeks, its an age. How can I fill the time? I know I'll make up ******** about the clubs management and come up with crap imaginary scenarios about players.

The main thing is don't do something well, do it quickly right?

Bookies still think it's Koeman.

I am going to spend the rest of the day watching cricket, golf and football. Might even bash one out. I suggest you all do the same, rather than log on here all day hoping to hear some news.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

I am going to spend the rest of the day watching cricket, golf and football. Might even bash one out. I suggest you all do the same, rather than log on here all day hoping to hear some news.

I know what time the cricket, football and golf is on.

But what times is the bashing one out meant to happen?

Exactly he said

Yeah, but he got to a cup final innit. Thats all anyone wanted last season so maybe the board have sat up and listened.

Well, that's another week gone without a managerial appointment. More players unhappy and potential targets missed. By the time our new manager arrives he's going to have a lot of work to do.

I fully agree. The lack of communication with the players about which we have heard is worrying. Surely they knew MP was leaving a long time back?

When all gets a bit bed wetty here, I do find bashing one out the best thing to do. Or go and cut the grass. I've interrupted grass cutting to see if anything exciting has happened - guess I should have bashed one out instead.

Bookies don't think, they usually just merely profit from what mug punters think.

When all gets a bit bed wetty here, I do find bashing one out the best thing to do. Or go and cut the grass. I've interrupted grass cutting to see if anything exciting has happened - guess I should have bashed one out instead.

I imagine you are down to a raw and bloody stump by now then.

I remember Bruce being over the top, gushing praise for us as a Club and team last season during his pre and post match interviews for both matches. Of course we beat them twice.

What are you talking about, i was reliably informed by posters on here that the club has been a "laughing stock" for the last few seasons.

FFS people, it has been said they want it done before national manager jobs are being handled post WC.

It has been said that the board want experience both as a player and a manager of winning leagues, wining cups and playing in Europe..

Its FDB or Koeman, very outside chance of Yakin.

It is not Tuchel, and unless you think Bruce is going to get the England job by 2015, its NOT HIM EITHER!

sit back, enjoy watching Holland and guess which dutch players we're going to be signing in 2months.

:mcinnes:

FFS people, it has been said they want it done before national manager jobs are being handled post WC.

It has been said that the board want experience both as a player and a manager of winning leagues, wining cups and playing in Europe..

Its FDB or Koeman, very outside chance of Yakin.

It is not Tuchel, and unless you think Bruce is going to get the England job by 2015, its NOT HIM EITHER!

sit back, enjoy watching Holland and guess which dutch players we're going to be signing in 2months.

:mcinnes:

As I keep telling you Gus Hiddink will take over the Netherlands side immediately after the WC,neither Koeman nor De Boer are in the frame. All the "want to get it done before the WC because of national team manager changes is well......bollorks. In fact anything our board have said is bollorks.

It is not Tuchel

Thats a shame, he looks to fit the bill better than most.

I don't know how people know all these things... unless its just a pure guess for comic effect - I used to think Alpine was serious until I saw through the brilliance of his wind up ology

I must be the only one not in the kitchen

Seeing we are to play Bayer Leverkusen in a pre season friendly, the choice may indicate who we've chosen as manager. Perhaps a German.

Do any of the named pretenders have any links with that club, or have Bayer Leverkusen been involved in friendly games in the past with any clubs managed by any candidate?

Meethinks it may indication a German candidate, thus Tuchel comes to mind as obvious choice. I saw Rudi Volker used to manage Beyer Leverkusen.

With Tucher, he resigned from Mainz but unfortunately the club, till now, have refused his resignation and are holding him to his contract. May require a court case for him to leave Mainz.

Does the friendly indicate anything in who will be manager?

I think Steve Bruce would have a good chance of winning the league that year with Man City.

I don't particularly want Steve Bruce. I'm just not completely swayed by one off achievements at mega rich clubs. Same with Di Matteo standing there while the existing Chelsea side got on with things and got a lucky CL win. Same with Avram Grant nearly winning the CL.

I'd hope we're looking at more than 'he won X so is amazing'. That's what interviews are for. Right fit, right style, motivations, ambitions etc.

Spot on

Thats a shame, he looks to fit the bill better than most.

I don't know how people know all these things... unless its just a pure guess for comic effect - I used to think Alpine was serious until I saw through the brilliance of his wind up ology

I must be the only one not in the kitchen

Reed said that not even the players know the new manager yet. I doubt very much if posters on a forum will know before Saints players and staff. Take all itk stuff with a pinch of salt. All the best ITK posters stopped posting and you can see why. Guan and MLT are the only reliable ITKs left

Seeing we are to play Bayer Leverkusen in a pre season friendly, the choice may indicate who we've chosen as manager. Perhaps a German.

Do any of the named pretenders have any links with that club, or have Bayer Leverkusen been involved in friendly games in the past with any clubs managed by any candidate?

Meethinks it may indication a German candidate, thus Tuchel comes to mind as obvious choice. I saw Rudi Volker used to manage Beyer Leverkusen.

With Tucher, he resigned from Mainz but unfortunately the club, till now, have refused his resignation and are holding him to his contract. May require a court case for him to leave Mainz.

Does the friendly indicate anything in who will be manager?

nope

Reed said that not even the players know the new manager yet. I doubt very much if posters on a forum will know before Saints players and staff. Take all itk stuff with a pinch of salt. All the best ITK posters stopped posting and you can see why. Guan and MLT are the only reliable ITKs left

Not just the ITKs. A few years ago, before your time, there were loads of good posters. Most of them don't post anymore, and you can see why.

There may well be good posters in the future. To be considered one, everyone has to know your first name, and refer to it when addressing you. Traditional names like Bill, Dave, Brian, Ron etc tend to work best.

Not just the ITKs. A few years ago, before your time, there were loads of good posters. Most of them don't post anymore, and you can see why.

There may well be good posters in the future. To be considered one, everyone has to know your first name, and refer to it when addressing you. Traditional names like Bill, Dave, Brian, Ron etc tend to work best.

They are my favourites as well. They also have to publicly organise a pint with you next week.

Whats your 1st name Saint Charlie? ;) i'm Paul

What are you talking about, i was reliably informed by posters on here that the club has been a "laughing stock" for the last few seasons.

If you read the original post I think you will find that it refers to a wider period and events such as Redknapp, Woodward etc. At no point does it say 'for the last few seasons'.

I wouldn't be absolutely devastated with Steve Bruce. I rate him as a manager, I think he's very underrated but I don't think he's quite the right fit for us. That being said I would be quite underwhelmed that we're being linked with names like Mancini and De Boear or however it's spelt (who despite the fact he's only proven in one league with one job is still a big name) and could end up with Steve Bruce. But like I said, I do think he's a good manager.

I don't think i twill be him though, I still think it'll be Koeman

Whats your 1st name Saint Charlie? ;) i'm Paul

Lordy, not another one.

There were some unimaginative parents kicking about in the 1970s, I'll tell you that.

See also: Chris, Dave, Mark etc.