Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

can someone leak it to me pls, i would like to rinse the bookmakers on this pls

It's Tommy Tutu... shhhhhhhh, keep it under your hat, know what I mean?

Don't stick all your dosh on today though, wait till Monday then the Full Moon Factor (FMF) will have cleared.

Saints new manager is going to be announced next Tuesday so everyone can chill out over the next few days and enjoy the World Cup. I've also vote for A N Other in the poll!

Cheers for the info. Has his name already been mentioned on this thread? Thanks :)

Yes he has.

So, I've been sad enough to trawl back through the thread and here's all the "a.n.others" mentioned thus far:

Benitez

Magath

Francis

Tuchel

Sherwood

Moyes

De Boer

Bruce

Butcher

Bergkamp

Appleton

Mancini

Girard

Zidane

Adkins

Howe

Out of all those I'd go for Tuchel...

Edited by trousers

So, I've been sad enough to trawl back through the thread and here's all the "a.n.others" mentioned thus far:

Benitez

Magath

Francis

Tuchel

Sherwood

Moyes

De Boer

Bruce

Butcher

Bergkamp

Appleton

Mancini

Girard

Zidane

Adkins

Howe

Out of all those I'd go for Tuchel...

Appleton it is then :lol:

I've put bets on Tuchel, and FDB already, plus yakin and RK as a spread bet.

I have to say, listening to what Les Read had to say about the managers past experience of playing and winning in europe it can only be two of those 4 (or An Other!) For me, its going to be FDB or RK.

Bear in mind that FDB is on record as looking for a new long term challenge/project and wants to manage in the premier league.

You can bet he is there or thereabouts, and I think the board will go for experience, pedigree and LOYALTY this time! FDB for me.

I've put bets on Tuchel, and FDB already, plus yakin and RK as a spread bet.

I have to say, listening to what Les Read had to say about the managers past experience of playing and winning in europe it can only be two of those 4 (or An Other!) For me, its going to be FDB or RK.

Bear in mind that FDB is on record as looking for a new long term challenge/project and wants to manage in the premier league.

You can bet he is there or thereabouts, and I think the board will go for experience, pedigree and LOYALTY this time! FDB for me.

Serious question : What is the great attraction of FDB ?*

Won everything at Ajax but.... not the strongest league in europe. Does he have a better record of bringing youngsters through/style of play than Koeman ?

*apart from the prospect of ****ing spurs fans off perhaps.

i was randomly told this time last week that people had been spoken to but we were waiting until mid this week, because a big name might be coming available.

It could've been completely coincidence that Mancini come out and said he was happy at galatasaray and then resigned two days later, but the timings right for me.

Won everything at Ajax but.... not the strongest league in europe. Does he have a better record of bringing youngsters through/style of play than Koeman ?

It would be a gamble, but one well worth taking imo. A well respected person in the game who played at the highest levels. Would certainly give any want away players pause for thought as to whether they should leave or not and would be a great name for attracting new talent too.

As with all his 'opinions' they're not based on anything external, just his own impatience, rage and frustrations. It would be funny but so many people think these way, form extreme opinions and get angry based on no information. It's a dangerous way of thinking.

To him 'evidence' of procrastination is that his desired outcome hasn't happened yet. Not knowing anyone involved, not knowledge of contracts and football recruitment, not knowledge of agents, budgets, or anything. He'll enhance his rage and blindly think I and others are defending the board, being all positive. Yet in reality what I'm trying to defend is common sense, logic...and I'm losing.

Anyone on this board for a few seasons will know he has made the same irrational statements on doom based on zero information for years. Every year he has been wrong, but it's irrelevant. His 'opinions' are worthless because being based on nothing you might as well flip a coin and get angry about the outcome of that. Then no doubt start a thread saying you never said 'heads' in the first place, and 'no-one in this place is allowed to challenge the tails brigade'.

I think that Alps and some others on here are like Angry Frank from the Harry and Paul show, he also gets angry and wound up from zero, little and hypothetical information!!

Probably because he has an unblemished career so far. Thats not say it will continue that way, but its attractive on one level.

i was randomly told this time last week that people had been spoken to but we were waiting until mid this week, because a big name might be coming available.

It could've been completely coincidence that Mancini come out and said he was happy at galatasaray and then resigned two days later, but the timings right for me.

Don't suppose you happened to post this at the time, did you?

Jesus, some of you really need to spend some time off this forum and go out in the sunshine. There's a whole world out there.

We will have a new manager within a week so stop stressing. Two weeks is not a long time to finalise a new manager contract, let alone carry out the whole the interview process. Its not like we have a cup final this weekend so have a bit of patience. I'd far rather we take our time providing we get the right man to continue our success.

They maybe need to appoint someone to manage the media and communication with the fans

This new manager better be worth waiting for

Ralph Kruger came across as a real limp ****

Les I am the only one has ever kicked a ball but not very well signed gaston and mad dog Osvaldo

Strong words at the beginning would have calmed the troops and a weekly update would have shown some consideration

If it is Steve Bruce expect pie sales to rocket but the rest off us will be underwhelmed

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/southampton/le-tissier-reveals-mancini-hopes-1769232.html

Don't suppose you happened to post this at the time, did you?

Nope, thought nothing of it at the time.

But connecting it with Dutch tweets last night (that say Southampton putting Koemans off, at places that aren't Google Translate) it does seem to fit.

Not claiming to be in the know. Just posting rumours and speculation after watching too much CSI

It would be a gamble' date=' but one well worth taking imo.[b'] A well respected person in the game who played at the highest levels. Would certainly give any want away players pause for thought as to whether they should leave or not and would be a great name for attracting new talent too[/b].

True, but same can be said of Koeman.

Either would be fine as far as I'm concerned though.

Probably because he has an unblemished career so far. Thats not say it will continue that way, but its attractive on one level.

But not particularly tested. In truth Tuchel's achievements look better, but he is not a name, to appease the squad, attract players perhaps.

So you are ITK from a very good source, and you also vote for A N Other.....which means to me that it is going to be A N Other.

Right, off to the bookies later to put a fiver on Zizou.

The thread now sems to be basing the new guy as A N Other because somebody who allegedly now knows who it is voted at some time for A N Other as the one he wanted, with an exclamation mark!!

Follow the Farmer? you're not a slurry afficionado are you Bearsy?

i had to google to find out what you meant! When i googled i also found article that we're apparently battling with a South African club for his signature? They described it as De Boer War

i would like de boer most, de boer would feel like upgrade on ponch. Koemans sounds ok too. Tuchel i never heard of before but he might be as good as ponch, him or yakin would feel like sideways move. Bruce would be like coming downstairs on Christmas morning & finding ur mum has bought you tennis lessons :( (tru story)

Steve Bruce was in the papers yesterday. I would be GUTTED if true

Les Reed's post appointment interview would be a touch awkward. "As I revealed previously we had worldwide interest in this position. Some of the best up and coming manager's in world football were desperate for the job! Manager's who have won titles and cups. Manager's who have coached teams at the highest levels of Champions League. International manager's who have coached at the World Cup. But we ignored all that and appointed Steve Bruce."

I'm sure he said he was off to Bangkok.

Nah phuket, having lived in Singers myself he will be on a 7pm flight on jet airways or something similar as its packed every friday and then get **** faced and see loads of pro's and trannies so a bit like visiting portsmouth

Bruce certainly isn't a bad manager and a likeable bloke, but it would be a let down I agree (on a name basis).

Also the football Hull played hasn't exactly been part of some kind of philosophy as was the case with say Martinez, who, even if his Wigan team struggled, you could see what he stood for.

Bruce would be an awful appointment IMO.

Going by Les Reed's recent interview, he said they were taking things like International,Champions League, Europa League and League Titles into consideration. Bruce fails on all those so would be surprised if we would then appoint someone who only has championship and premiership experience.

Nah phuket, having lived in Singers myself he will be on a 7pm flight on jet airways or something similar as its packed every friday and then get **** faced and see loads of pro's and trannies so a bit like visiting portsmouth

Bloody spell check.... Bang C*ck, he's off to bang c*ck all weekend.