Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

whilst i will of course still go to most of the games, I can confirm that should saints appoint Steve Bruce then the board / owners will officially lose my support moving forward.

That is all.

Why in the hell would anyone imagine saints would appoint Bruce as manager????

No need a manager needs a holiday and the contract will be signed on his return

Yes, there's no rush

In all the uncertainty, all our "stars" want to leave, and we Supporters have no idea what KL's plans are, Neither do the players come to that

Replacements (hopefully) have to be found, chatted up, have the "project" sold to them, and signed, but who's going to be lured to a Club who have yet to appoint a replacement Manager

Not all that long before what's left of our "squad" will be reporting back for pre season training

We read daily of other Prem teams plans and acquisitions for 2014/15, so not many more weeks to firm up on things.

Bur there's no rush eh ?

Yes, there's no rush

In all the uncertainty, all our "stars" want to leave, and we Supporters have no idea what KL's plans are, Neither do the players come to that

Replacements (hopefully) have to be found, chatted up, have the "project" sold to them, and signed, but who's going to be lured to a Club who have yet to appoint a replacement Manager

Not all that long before what's left of our "squad" will be reporting back for pre season training

We read daily of other Prem teams plans and acquisitions for 2014/15, so not many more weeks to firm up on things.

Bur there's no rush eh ?

Yep, have to agree with this. Our board are procrastinating the club into the Championship.

Because Saints have a reputation for doing very strange things. Who would've thought they'd have employed a world cup winning rugby coach? Or Harry Redknapp???

That was the old saints. Since the take over saints have a good record with bringing in managers despite what people think Les Reed isn't totally brain dead.

whilst i will of course still go to most of the games, I can confirm that should saints appoint Steve Bruce then the board / owners will officially lose my support moving forward.

That is all.

What about Eddie Howe?

Had a text this morning from someone with Dorset FA connect ions, claiming he's on the short list. Can't see it myself, but will kick myself if it happens and I didn't post it.

Because Saints have a reputation for doing very strange things. Who would've thought they'd have employed a world cup winning rugby coach? Or Harry Redknapp???

Hold on, Rupert Lowe has a history of doing strange things. Since the liebherrs have been in town the nutball decisions have been few and far between. (This is not an open door for alpine to start cr aping on about gaston)

What about Eddie Howe?

Had a text this morning from someone with Dorset FA connect ions, claiming he's on the short list. Can't see it myself, but will kick myself if it happens and I didn't post it.

Yes but we have managers from all over Europe knocking on the door apparently ! Would be seriously peed off if Howe got the job.

For sure. IMO it will be someone who hasn't been mentioned a lot, like when MP took over.

It's not the same though is it?

When we replaced Adkins there wasn't much talk of him being replaced.

He looked insecure at one point, then had seemingly steadied the ship. MPs appointment was a bit out of the blue, there wasn't much speculation.

MP has left for another club, so there is a vacancy. People are bring interviewed, and there is more speculation now than when MP was appointed.

Saints new manager is going to be announced next Tuesday so everyone can chill out over the next few days and enjoy the World Cup. I've also vote for A N Other in the poll!

ITK or just a guess? I want Koeman but have a feeling it will be someone very underwhelming. I will be ****ed off if it is Steve bloody Bruce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITK or just a guess? I want Koeman but have a feeling it will be someone very underwhelming. I will be ****ed off if it is Steve bloody Bruce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITK from a very reliable source! Unfortunately not allowed to say anything more

The way I see it. Some things we know or think we know from credible sources.

1) Koeman wants to manage in the Premiership

2) He is available.

3) We are the top Premiership club looking for a manager.

4) He was one of the first to be interviewed.

5) He returned for a 2nd interview.

6) He is on holiday until until Sunday.

7) Les Read says the announcement is imminent with just paperwork to be done. Lots of details in contracts these days.

Join the dots.

The way I see it. Some things we know or think we know from credible sources.

1) Koeman wants to manage in the Premiership

2) He is available.

3) We are the top Premiership club looking for a manager.

4) He was one of the first to be interviewed.

5) He returned for a 2nd interview.

6) He is on holiday until until Sunday.

7) Les Read says the announcement is imminent with just paperwork to be done. Lots of details in contracts these days.

Join the dots.

Is number 5 actually true? Not seen anything to suggest it is?

What about Eddie Howe?

Doesn’t fit with the fans “being excited” though

Saints new manager is going to be announced next Tuesday so everyone can chill out over the next few days and enjoy the World Cup. I've also vote for A N Other in the poll!

So you are ITK from a very good source, and you also vote for A N Other.....which means to me that it is going to be A N Other.

Right, off to the bookies later to put a fiver on Zizou.

Is that a suggestion that the appointment is A N Other?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Yes, there's no rush

Bur there's no rush eh ?

I believe there have been 10 transfers into PL clubs since the end of last season. Some of these are to the same clubs and so we are in the majority of teams who have yet to sign any players. Reed has stated that nobody else will be let go before we have a new manager. He has also stated that a new managerial appointment is imminent. He could be lying but why would he? I'm the same as anyone else and look every day for news. But I trust the club to go about things thoroughly and professionally as they have for the last five years, which haven't been too bad. The club is not going to rush things just to keep a few impatient forum dwellers happy. They, like me, have probably realised that some people here are happy only when seeing the worst possible motives and the worst possible outcomes.

Cheers for the info. Has his name already been mentioned on this thread? Thanks :)

Yep, have to agree with this. Our board are procrastinating the club into the Championship.

to be fair .. every pre season you have stated the board are doing every thing wrong since i have been on this board. Every year we have improved, that on it's own makes a mockery of your opinion.

Jesus, some of you really need to spend some time off this forum and go out in the sunshine. There's a whole world out there.

We will have a new manager within a week so stop stressing. Two weeks is not a long time to finalise a new manager contract, let alone carry out the whole the interview process. Its not like we have a cup final this weekend so have a bit of patience. I'd far rather we take our time providing we get the right man to continue our success.

Subject header is misleading. Doesn't feel like we're closing in on a manager in the slightest.

Les reed knew who the manager was when he did that you tube interview. You could see it in his smirks.

Les reed knew who the manager was when he did that you tube interview. You could see it in his smirks.

Of course he knew. The "paperwork" was being done and loose ends being tied up. It will be announced when the time is right for the club and not for a few wrist slitters on an internet chat forum!