England v Italy

Batman

Rooney and Gerrard were pants, and held us back.

Positives in the young players, but this is a tournament too soon - valuable experience though, has to be said.

Also not massively convinced with Baines at international level.

Rooney's time is up.

Too slow. Too unadventurous. Too predictable. Not to mention poor quality.

When he has to sprint he looks down at his feet. Like a fat man weighed down with shopping running to catch the last bus home. C*nt.

Rooney Baines Johnson and Wilshere were dog poo.

That corner from Spud was embarrassing to English football.

The 2 full backs are decent to average PL players, nothing more. They're not international level, and the full back area's are our achilles heal. Throw Shaw in, I would.

Also Wiltshire hasn't ever ''happened'' - lots of hype as a young player, but nothing has ever happened with him.

Rooney and Gerrard were pants, and held us back.

Positives in the young players, but this is a tournament too soon - valuable experience though, has to be said.

Also not massively convinced with Baines at international level.

Good post. Pleasantly surprised by Sterling and Sturridge.

We were so weak on the left. Shaw would have "Shaw'd" things up

We didn't seem to have any presence in the box at all.

I don't sense a natural goal scorer out there. So many attacks, Wellbeck, Sturidge and Rooney - all outside the box. What's the point in that?

We lack an Owen type of player these days, we have lots of ''attacking forwards'' but none that I would call and out and out on the shoulder centre forward. Someone who lives and breathes goals - knows where to be and when.

Rooney has class but in an England shirt he's a jobber.

Gerrard now is a waste of space. Age has removed him of all his drive and pace, and he's only in the squad to sell shirts.

We've got a few players with some pace and. . . that's about it.

Jesus. The same people that wanted a young, fresh England who attack but liable to inexperience go down one goal to the side that's going to win the group, and everyone says they're crap!

Isnt this the players that are going to take us forward in two or four years time? We're you expecting us to win the World Cup ?

Hope you lot aren't writing the headlines tomorrow.

Rooney has class but in an England shirt he's a jobber.

Gerrard now is a waste of space. Age has removed him of all his drive and pace, and he's only in the squad to sell shirts.

We've got a few players with some pace and. . . that's about it.

He had class 5-6 years ago, but he's gone now. Time we all faced that fact! Peaked at an early, early age and is now nothing but an average, paceless player.

Jesus. The same people that wanted a young, fresh England who attack but liable to inexperience go down one goal to the side that's going to win the group, and everyone says they're crap!

Isnt this the players that are going to take us forward in two or four years time? We're you expecting us to win the World Cup ?

Rooney and Gerrard?

Apart from the free kick he won that Gerrard wasted, he was poor and gave away the ball that got Sterling booked

Lol. Did you watch the ****ing game. He came on with ten mins to go, showed for the ball at every opportunity, turns their defenders won a free kick, FFS, WHAT WE YOU EXPECTING HIM TO DO?

It wasn't the youngsters that let us down.

Lol. Did you watch the ****ing game. He came on with ten mins to go, showed for the ball at every opportunity, turns their defenders won a free kick, FFS, WHAT WE YOU EXPECTING HIM TO DO?

Hand in a transfer request. I hear he wants to join Italy.

I mentioned the free kick.

Sod asking about whether I watched the game, did you actually read my post ?

Hand in a transfer request. I hear he wants to join Italy.

Thats a separate issue, if he was a skate tonight I still would have said that given the time he had, the team he was facing, he did as much as I would have expected.

you know we were playing a team that goes ahead and then parks a bus on the edge of their box, very electively, probably the best in the world. Once our kids realise that you can't just run through them we could get a better result.

its all part of the learning curve, a curve that should serve us we'll for the next two tournaments.

We're not very good. Same old same old. I thought that this was an opportunity to be a little different, but same old boring **** that we always get. We may get the occasional win and draw, but we are boring.

Don't agree, nothing like the same old same old, we used to have a reasonable defence and a limited attack, we now have a pretty good attack and a very limited defence. I saw more flair from England going forward than I did from Brazil the other night.

I don't sense a natural goal scorer out there. So many attacks, Wellbeck, Sturidge and Rooney - all outside the box. What's the point in that?

We lack an Owen type of player these days, we have lots of ''attacking forwards'' but none that I would call and out and out on the shoulder centre forward. Someone who lives and breathes goals - knows where to be and when.

Lambert?