England v Italy

Batman

It's on the Beebs live build up feed now.

In a way, I think it's a brave and clever selection by Woy, choosing Sterling shows attacking intent which means we're not going to settle for a draw necessarily, and useful for a counter attacking game.

It's not so clever by Woy to decide to play Rooney in a wide position on the opening game of the World Cup campaign.

I would like to be wrong but we won't keep the ball well enough. Also defensive frailties (that's you Glen) poor finishing (take your pick) and wasted hollywood balls (Stevie G) will mean an opening match loss.

I'd like you to be wrong as well, but don't think you are.

Have to admit that it has taken the shine off it for me. I just like to see Saints players in an England shirt (and on the pitch).

I agree that Sterling needs to play but I thought Adam would get the nod over Welbeck.

They are all good players and the margins are fine. I suspect Adam will only get on if we are winning. Barkley would be the impact player from the bench if we are losing. Roy will take a draw.

I'll cheer Rickie if he scores because he is still technically a saint til the 1st July, because of his 5 great years with us and because he is a truly nice guy who has had a true modern day fairy tale career.

I'll cheer Adam if he scores and hope Liverpool realise that his price has just gone up £5 Million more.

If Luke makes or scores then I'll cheer him and dream that he might stay for just one more year

Why do you think Rickie is still technically a Saint until 1 July, the transfer has already gone through. Liverpool now pay his wages.

Why do you think Rickie is still technically a Saint until 1 July, the transfer has already gone through. Liverpool now pay his wages.

As has been said before - "Born in Liverpool, made in Southampton." Until I have seen playing for Liverpool he will remain a Saint for me.

I just have a feeling that none of our lads will actually get a game at this World Cup, and I include Rickie in that.

Even if they don't start, in these conditions it is very much a 14 man team for each game. Both Adz and Lambo will get game time. I think that Luke will only play if Baines picks up an injury or suspension.

Even if they don't start, in these conditions it is very much a 14 man team for each game. Both Adz and Lambo will get game time. I think that Luke will only play if Baines picks up an injury or suspension.

I suspect Wilshere, Milner and Barkley will get on before Lallana or Lambert.

As has been said before - "Born in Liverpool, made in Southampton." Until I have seen playing for Liverpool he will remain a Saint for me.

I absolutely agree made in Southampton, their is no way Rickie would be where he is now if it wasn't for Southampton. Sadly though that has now been airbrushed from history. Lambert is officially a Liverpool player, 1 July has nothing whatsoever to do with that fact.

Sterling, Welbeck and Sturridge in the same team? God help us :facepalm:

Sturridge and a Welbeck excite me, but Stirling I am not sure about. Looks like we are going to have a go at them. This is what we need to do as our defence I'd terrible!

Edited by Dr Who?

I absolutely agree made in Southampton, their is no way Rickie would be where he is now if it wasn't for Southampton. Sadly though that has now been airbrushed from history. Lambert is officially a Liverpool player, 1 July has nothing whatsoever to do with that fact.

It has not been airbrushed from history.

Bleedin' wet blankets on here.

Why? They're 3 of our best players? Rooney's the problem, he's a useless fat c#nt

They're all too selfish, not team players. They all try to run straight at the opposition and they hold on to the ball too long and lose possession. You might get away with one in the team but three is a bit too many.

Well said, we won't forget it and he won't forget it who gives a damn if the media want to refer to him as a Liverpool player?

Do not get the negative feeling towards Welbeck, he is one of our better attacking players who really gives it a go!

Me either he's quick, direct and has a decent goalscoring record at international level. Lallana is great but doesn't have the pace or goal threat and clearly that is what Roy is looking for tonight.

ITV fans Poll:

64% want Sterling to play versus 36% Lallana

Not done himself many favours of late. Hope he learns some humility. I wonder if he stays whether Koeman will let him keep the captains armband?

Hope he turns himself round.

Edited by SaintRobbie

So the transfer window must open immediately after the final game but out of contract players stay until 30th June.

Have to admit that it has taken the shine off it for me. I just like to see Saints players in an England shirt (and on the pitch).

What's taken the shine off it for me is the disloyal selfish twts trying to get away from our club. I doubt we'll see Adam or Luke in a Saints shirt again, so don't really care if he's warming the bench.

I've seen this a few times, on here and FB. People are getting confused. Free agents stay with their existing clubs until 1st July , eg Sagna is an Arsenal player until 1st July before moving to City. As you rightly say Rickie is now a Liverpool player.

ITV fans Poll:

64% want Sterling to play versus 36% Lallana

Not done himself many favours of late. Hope he learns some humility. I wonder if he stays whether Koeman will let him keep the captains armband?

Hope he turns himself round.

The better poll would have been Lallana vs Welbeck

I blame Gerard for sterling starting . He has been bigging him up on various news media . I effing hate Gerard . I'm not suprised he's Roy's best mate . Probably only mate .

Gerrard does seem to have quite an undue influence on selection, if not directly by whispering in Roy's ear, then indirectly by subtly yanking up the pressure in the media by bigging up his club mates.

Is it just me, or do the Liverpool players always try to pass the ball to each other and only bring others in when there is nothing else on?

We were told that in past England squads to United and Liverpool players divided into two distinct cliques both off and on the pitch.

FFS, Stirling is a good player, he ended the season on fire. It's got nothing to do with SG being his mate, he's been picked on merit. I don't agree with Wellbeck for Adam, but I can see why. He'll get to Pirlo quicker and in a defensive safety first performance he'll offer better cover for the full back than Adam does.

Predictable team selection by W*nker Woy.........

All that circus and build-up; we'll be luck to see one of our boys, including SRL, get a sniff in this tournament.

Woke my kids up 2mins ago to watch the game; both decided to stay in bed when I told them Lallana, Shaw and Lambert arent playing and the Manyoo / Theiving Scouse bandwagon is continuing unabated......

I'm not so sure

russian_premier_josef_stalin1.jpg