England vs Honduras

St Chalet

I was at the England v Japan game before SA 2010 and England played yesterday with the very same lack of commitment, just like the starting XI for Italy is already done and no-one need go 110% and risk injury.

Result of this WC for England will be the same - or worse

I was at the England v Japan game before SA 2010 and England played yesterday with the very same lack of commitment, just like the starting XI for Italy is already done and no-one need go 110% and risk injury.

Result of this WC for England will be the same - or worse

Which is fine by you, right? Because you "so want us to go out in the group stage", don't you?

So if we do something that goes towards achieving that thing you "so want", you won't need to complain, right?

In fact for someone giving it the "I've always been anti-England, me" routine the other day, it's funny you went to a live England friendly. I can only assume you went dressesd as a Kamikaze pilot waving a Japanese flag.

Which is fine by you, right? Because you "so want us to go out in the group stage", don't you?

So if we do something that goes towards achieving that thing you "so want", you won't need to complain, right?

In fact for someone giving it the "I've always been anti-England, me" routine the other day, it's funny you went to a live England friendly. I can only assume you went dressesd as a Kamikaze pilot waving a Japanese flag.

A bit strong. I am sure Alpine wants England to win the WC like we all do. Alpine also wants success for Saints, but he is refreshingly honest in expressing his doubts and anxieties.

See the players are blaming the refs as it was rough out there.

Like Valencia kicking off with sterling when he nearly had his leg broken.

This is an insight into how central and South American sides play (Brazil apart) and we have 2 of them in our group

What was with Sturridge and those step overs?

My ratings

Hart 7

Johnson 4

Baines 5

Cahill 7

Jagielka 7

Rooney 5

Lallana 6

Gerrard 6

Henderson 6

Welbeck 5

Sturridge 6

Wilshere 6

Barkley 7

Edited by Batman

Good WC warm up thread that chaps.

MoM definitely Ohio.

I'm sure he's gonna regret posting that he knows a Dominatrix with a Penis over the coming seasons.

His performance last night shows that Woy had the right idea. Bumble around, avoid letting them play the man and not the ball and bore everyone into submission.

Luckily the Italy game kicks off at 2am over here so it will be a gentle morning of catching up on the match thread checking the Sweepstake to see how many sherberts Ohio will get through and lol'ing at the uber non fan ranting.

One thing is for sure. England fans are right not to have ANY expectations of this lot in this WC. Get out the Group Stage? Scoring a goal may be beyond them

If Sturridge keeps missing easy chances and being a gready ****, i fully expect him to be dropped him and Rooney are poor at the moment.

Lallana Barkley AOC Sterling look good going forward, this guys need to play as much as possible in the WC.

As for defence Johnson had another bad game, i really fear if Cahill or Jagielka get injured were in big trouble.

From what i have seen in the friendlies were finish 2nd and get knocked out in the 2nd round, our main strikers cant finish consistently and we have a poor RB, i would normally not judge friendlies but if we cant finish and we have a weak postion in defence it will be shown in friendlies and we will be in trouble at the WC.

Any good team would of punished us last nite for missing them 2-3 good chances and with the poor passing and decisions from Johnson.

having watched that bore of a game,have to say we need someone to put the ball in the net and it aint rooney or sturridge.

typical friendly,though Honduras may have taken it a bit more seriously than England.

think itv are so poor with their coverage.

cant believe the commentator banged on there is no one to replace Johnson,there is,clyne or chambers,both better than switch off Johnson.

I like roy hogson but the way we play under him is boring

lets hope we get out of the group,not sure we will mind

A bit strong. I am sure Alpine wants England to win the WC like we all do. Alpine also wants success for Saints, but he is refreshingly honest in expressing his doubts and anxieties.

Refreshingly honest if you like hearing the neurotic ramblings of one of the most joyless unhappy people on the planet. Judging by his posts anyway.

England aren't good but they are not bad too, they could go either way in this tournament depending on whether

1. They become proficient at keeping the ball under pressure, as they are going to have to do against a lot of teams esp S.American ones.

2. They get ruthless infront of the goal, they won't get many chances and they have to bury them, Sturridge has to deliver.

3. They all play with real hunger and a willingless to go the extra mile. Equador's 2nd was because the England defence failed to close the scorer down, the goal was not down to a lack of ability moreso a lack of enough hunger and determination to make sure that the striker was never going to get the chance in the first place. We need a bit of the 'do or die' about us.

If they can do this then I don't see why they can't have a good tournament, if they can't then it's back home after 2 weeks.

Personally I wish for once that England go out and have a bloody good tear up, take it to the opposition and even if they go down they go down all guns blazing. I'd be OK with that.

What a one-trick pony you' ve become...

I'm in Miami and was at the game, although it's just a friendly I thought England were very poor. Adam was ok first half but faded a bit second. No one really played well but Welbeck and Johnson were particularly poor.

As for the delay, although frustrating there was some pretty close lightning overhead at times so understandable.

Nice to meet several other Saints fans here too!

I wasn't there but agree from watching on the box. AL's position sense wasn't all that either.....

He was often too far in advance of the ball when we were attacking giving no outlet to other midfielders... He was often right on the Honduras back four and so very closely marked as a consequence..... He's a very good player but needs to be much less advanced and engage with where he can be passed to more..... Particularly second half ALL was quite poor....