England - Ecuador

shurlock

Roy will play it ultra safe when we should go for Italy's jugular. Barkley a better option in the hole. Chamberlain a shoe in on the right side. Shaw to start ahead of Baines. Milner turning the Liverpool game on its head is not enough to justify his inclusion. Shocking game played out of position.

Thought Shaw got done by Valencia a bit to much tonight and didn't get forward like he does for us.

How Clyne didn't get a call up is beyond me.....having said that if he had he would probably be angling for a move to bloody Liverpool by now so Roy probably did us a favour at England's expense.

Chambers keeping him out of the side cost him badly. Still don't understand why right back is the one position we have chosen not to select two players.Jones, Smalling and Milner are not good enough to play there so should not be considered as cover. 23 players means there is no need whatsoever to take a utility player.

Thought Shaw got done by Valencia a bit to much tonight and didn't get forward like he does for us.

I must have saints blinkers on then because all I saw was Valencia passing it square because he knew he didn't have enough to beat Shaw. Baines will get done for pace and we'll all wish we had started with Shaw. I agree he didn't get forward much, but With that line up maybe it was wise he held back. Formation looked A little top heavy of you ask me. With those centre backs you don't want to be caught on the break.

I must have saints blinkers on then because all I saw was Valencia passing it square because he knew he didn't have enough to beat Shaw. Baines will get done for pace and we'll all wish we had started with Shaw. I agree he didn't get forward much, but With that line up maybe it was wise he held back. Formation looked A little top heavy of you ask me. With those centre backs you don't want to be caught on the break.

Agree.

Unfortunately Roy will start with Baines.

As they say football is all about opinions! No way for me that Shaw is the calibre of Baines. Shaw was running scared of Valencia tonight.

Thought Shaw was alright, not great not too bad but it's tough when you have a new defence at any level. If he comes into the first choice defence he'll do better. Next to Smalling, not so much. Thought Milner and Smalling were absolutely dreadful.

Main plus IMO is the prospect of having Sterling and Barkley on the bench to come on and run at tired defences. Hope Welbeck doesn't start though, no idea how that's happened. OK sub, but starter with all the other attacking talent there is? No chance. Still think the biggest problem is Rooney. Playing 2 strikers is dangerous for us. Ruining the shape to accommodate him doesn't help. It always takes big decisions to do well and IMO it's Sturridge or Rooney up front. Maybe he'll come alive in the World Cup but for ages now every England game he just seems to misplace passes, give the ball away, get wound up and make poor decisions. Yet he gets away with it.

We have some great options going forward.

Such a shame that an obsession with Rooney and an appallingly weak defence will ruin our World Cup.

As they say football is all about opinions! No way for me that Shaw is the calibre of Baines. Shaw was running scared of Valencia tonight.

It is... and Shaw is not ready to start.. he still has lapses in concentration which is to be expected for someone so young. The same applies to Barkley who looks great going forwards, but gave the ball away in dangerous places in midfield... I doubt Roy will take the risk.

Shawcross and Caulker are far, far better CBs than Smalling. Really disappointing. And a huge insult to Clyne that Milner gets in ahead of him! Feel quite bad for Milner, he didn't claim to be a RB.

This really, I said after the Utd home game Smalling is just a CB playing RB and he is a pretty poor CB. Flanagan isnt international fullback either, feel v sorry for Clyne.

Also, Lampard and Wilshere arent back up holding midfielders, henderson possibly, Cork should be there really

How can you lump Lambert in with that description? One of the only England players who plays with passion! I am as disappointed as everyone else to see Rickie go (my little girl (2 1/2) loves the Ricky Lambert song for example), but the guy is an absolute hero. Even if he scored a hat-trick next season against us, I would still stand and applaud him. Football can be too tribal at times, there are some occasions when you need to stand back and support the player, no matter who is plays for.....I would draw the line at the Skates though ;)

I don't include Rickie as pampered prima donna, just the rest of them! I have mixed emotions seeing him play for England, but my overall feeling is sadness right now. Rickie has been my favourite Saints player since Matt. I hate Brendan Rodgers for buying Rickie (probably) just to sit him on the bench. He would have played a much larger role for us next season and been far more important to us then he will for them.

I see Rodgers buying him as spiteful. He knew he would jump at the chance to sign for them and at the same time unsettle us. Taking our key player that inspired the players and fans alike, and more than likely increase the chances of getting Adam. If Rodgers doesn't give Lambert a fair chance to play, I'll be very annoyed indeed. If he only plays as a bit part player for a season and then get sold cheap to West Ham, I'll be very ******ed off. I hope for Rickie's career that I am wrong and he fulfils his dream and becomes Liverpool legend but I don't see that happening.

I know Rickie has proven many people wrong about him in the past, so for his sake, I hope he does again!

Thought Shaw was alright, not great not too bad but it's tough when you have a new defence at any level. If he comes into the first choice defence he'll do better. Next to Smalling, not so much. Thought Milner and Smalling were absolutely dreadful.

Main plus IMO is the prospect of having Sterling and Barkley on the bench to come on and run at tired defences. Hope Welbeck doesn't start though, no idea how that's happened. OK sub, but starter with all the other attacking talent there is? No chance. Still think the biggest problem is Rooney. Playing 2 strikers is dangerous for us. Ruining the shape to accommodate him doesn't help. It always takes big decisions to do well and IMO it's Sturridge or Rooney up front. Maybe he'll come alive in the World Cup but for ages now every England game he just seems to misplace passes, give the ball away, get wound up and make poor decisions. Yet he gets away with it.

Agree England just look better without Rooney IMO. Quite like to see a 4-3-3 with Adam, Rickie and Sturridge as the front 3. Just get Sturridge to wear a J-rod mask

Running scared? Blimey, that's some opinion. You have watched Shaw play for Saints? Not seen anyone really beat him in two seasons, never mind have him running scared. Baines takes a great free kick but doesn't have the pace needed to get the likes of Jagielka out of jail.

Italy only drawing with Luxembourg? Lolz

Oh, and lolz at Belgium too, who beat Luxembourg in a friendly last month, with Januzaj making his debut and Lukaku scoring a hat trick, only for the Belgium manager to make too many subs. Now the game has been downgraded to a practice match, meaning Lukaku officially loses his hat trick stat and Januzaj hasn't made his debut!

Lolz all round.

As for England, I was working so missed most of it, but sounds like a cracking goal from Rickie. This makes me sad.

Overall how did Shaw perform?

Annoyed that I'm in Orlando and not Miami - would have been good to get Adam to sign my Saints shirt...

I live in Lauderdale so went along today, players bus arrived just as we were walking past, loads of England fans cheering the players off the bus then off strides Lallana, couldn't resist myself, gave him a right mouthful. Immature yes but I literally lost it when I saw him. Put his head down and scuttled into the stadium. #heschanged. :x

I live in Lauderdale so went along today, players bus arrived just as we were walking past, loads of England fans cheering the players off the bus then off strides Lallana, couldn't resist myself, gave him a right mouthful. Immature yes but I literally lost it when I saw him. Put his head down and scuttled into the stadium. #heschanged. :x

If he's even thinking about staying a tiny bit then doing that isn't going to help.

If he's even thinking about staying a tiny bit then doing that isn't going to help.

Well for me he's damaged goods, how can you seriously even consider having the judas back after his comments to the kid while signing the Liverpool shirt. He's changed.

I don't feel they same excitement anymore about Rickie, Adam and Luke playing for England

Makes me laugh when I read about Roy Hodgson and his fine tuning.

I'm sure he knows his start eleven already. Equador game was more of a try-out for those who needed game time, those recovering from injuries and the new lads he wanted to look at one more time.

there was hardly half a dozen there who are likely to start the Italy game.

ITV on Football is painful enough, but when Pineapple face Chiles doesn't help by not knowing where he is at the very beginning of the show.

and how the chuff is Shaw to blame for the goal when the ball comes over from the England right?

Shaw is to blame for letting the Ecuador lad get goal side of him before the cross came in and never recovering, fair play if he still get's beaten in the air by the bigger stronger player but Cole would have at least been between him and the goal to make him work for it.

Crap game all round England can't keep the ball, can't defend and one goal was an offside handball the other a goal keeping blunder. They can probably stop practising pens now!

You never know, he has been pretty feeble and wishy washy in his comments about his future until just the other day, maybe a gobshoite 6000 miles from home giving him some in the ear might populate his mind with demons.

I know it was only a few minutes from the end but I couldnt believe how neutral I felt when AL came on last night.

Watching the game last night found myself almost hoping that one of the England MF players picked up a WC threatening injury so that Woy could actually call up either of Flanaghan or Stones as proper RB cover (Compared to Jones & Smalling)

Today find myself hoping that the OX DOESN'T miss out.

Batman pointed out the Haunted House down the street should Oxo have to drop out. In questioning whether he could be replaced at this stage, he then told us what lived in that House ........................... Tom Cleverley!!!!............. Has it just gone cold in here??!!

Watching the game last night found myself almost hoping that one of the England MF players picked up a WC threatening injury so that Woy could actually call up either of Flanaghan or Stones as proper RB cover (Compared to Jones & Smalling)

I have not followed this thread but didn't Stones play last night? Flanagan is a left back I believe.

I have not followed this thread but didn't Stones play last night? Flanagan is a left back I believe.

Flan came on and played RB after about what seemed like 5 hours of Milner playing there.

Stones then SEEMED to play down the left replacing Shaw. We had no commentary (and the picture quality was so bad that Shaw seemed to have BLACK hair all night) so no idea if they stayed that way

Flan came on and played RB after about what seemed like 5 hours of Milner playing there.

Stones then SEEMED to play down the left replacing Shaw. We had no commentary (and the picture quality was so bad that Shaw seemed to have BLACK hair all night) so no idea if they stayed that way

Right, I didn't see the game because I refuse to give the Qataris 12€ a month, had to watch Holland-Wales, awful apart from the Welsh 10 year old, 4ft 6 high who came on near the end, gave the ageing Dutch a bit of a run around, think he plays for Fulham in some capacity.

Right, I didn't see the game because I refuse to give the Qataris 12€ a month, had to watch Holland-Wales, awful apart from the Welsh 10 year old, 4ft 6 high who came on near the end, gave the ageing Dutch a bit of a run around, think he plays for Fulham in some capacity.

Don't get us lot down here started on bein......

US$150 EXTRA to watch the effing World Cup AFTER they increased the cost of the standard subscription by 30% and that AFTER they stopped showing EVERY PL GAME LIVE even though we'd paid for it. They are charging the Pubs down here Aed 170,000 which is around US$46,000 to show the WC games. Absolutely bonkers for all but the very biggest pubs, which means they will be rammed and overcharging for sh1t beer because the Pubs have had to get sponsorship from Brewers......

:hunt:

Hopefully the Dubai Saints Massive have a cunning plan for the England games at least. Then it will be streaming for any other interesting games.......

4'6" striker. We have a bunch of those in our Dev Squad don't we?

Hopefully the Dubai Saints Massive have a cunning plan for the England games at least. Then it will be streaming for any other interesting games.......

4'6" striker. We have a bunch of those in our Dev Squad don't we?

I don't mind paying Canal+ 85€ a month for all the rest because French public Tv is absolutely dire, unless you like Granny programmes and great doses of politics that is. Canal transmits the PL, 6 games every week, rest on highlights. WC isn't an issue for us, BeiN have all the games but between C+ and TFI you're only missing a couple of first rounders in the middle of the night between no-hopers anyway.

Anyway George Williams looked like a midfielder, ran at them a bit, good ball control but eventually tried to do too much and usually got upended by Vlaar.