England - Ecuador

shurlock

Lambert looks a bit off the pace

To be honest Rooney and Barkley seem to have a mental aversion to passing to him a few times he has found space and they've totally ignored him. Mind you Rooney hardly wants Lambert to have a good game even went as far as nicking Rickies goal and then celebrating like he has scored a worldy....

Before we all start to write off the England team it's important to remember that this is hardly the team that will line up against Italy. The way Wilshere is playing AL is a shoe in. Everything Lallana has worked on, JW seems to be lacking in...Pace, Power, Strength and the little trick up his sleeve. Rickie is actually playing his role perfectly...I would love to see them play him up front with Sturridge. Just seems the obvious partnership. I would drop Rooney and play Sterling or Barkley (who although a little greedy, is at least trying to change things up.)

My starting line up for Manaus would be:

Hart

Johnson (because we don't have anyone else)

Cahill

Jagielka....Pray that neither of these gets injured

Baines (Shaw is good enough)

Gerrard (doing his Pirlo thing)

Lallana

Barkley

Sterling (all three interchanging)

Lambert (dropping deep

Sturridge

Before we all start to write off the England team it's important to remember that this is hardly the team that will line up against Italy. The way Wilshere is playing AL is a shoe in. Everything Lallana has worked on, JW seems to be lacking in...Pace, Power, Strength and the little trick up his sleeve. Rickie is actually playing his role perfectly...I would love to see them play him up front with Sturridge. Just seems the obvious partnership. I would drop Rooney and play Sterling or Barkley (who although a little greedy, is at least trying to change things up.)

Hart

Cahill

Lallana

Barkley

Lambert (dropping deep

Sturridge

I'd agree with that - sensible thinking, especially dropping Rooney.

Before we all start to write off the England team it's important to remember that this is hardly the team that will line up against Italy. The way Wilshere is playing AL is a shoe in. Everything Lallana has worked on, JW seems to be lacking in...Pace, Power, Strength and the little trick up his sleeve. Rickie is actually playing his role perfectly...I would love to see them play him up front with Sturridge. Just seems the obvious partnership. I would drop Rooney and play Sterling or Barkley (who although a little greedy, is at least trying to change things up.)My starting line up for Manaus would be:

Hart

Cahill

Lallana

Barkley

Lambert (dropping deep

Sturridge

Agree except I'd drop Barkley for oxo who I think is more effective

Would it actually be quite good if Luke has a mare of a WC, Manure lose interest and he can come back and mature a bit. Be worth more next year, unless Targett keeps him out of the team.

I don't think he's gonna get the opportunity to have a mare to be honest

Hart

Cahill

Lallana

Barkley

Lambert (dropping deep

Sturridge

Roy won't drop Rooney.

For me:

Hart

Johnson:uhoh: Jagielka Cahill Baines

Gerrard Henderson

Ox Lallana Rooney

Sturridge

Shaw not looking sharp enough...knocked off a few hundred thousand £'s his price tag. Milner is poor. Where's Lambert...is he playing? Rooney just terrible. Ox is looking good.

yes but Wayne Rooney who is allegedly playing on the left keeps taking up the same positions as rickie and getting in his way. Some decent deliveries from set pieces might help rickie as well.

Breaks my heart. Ruined my world cup.

Me too. I am not sure I can even bare to watch it now. This world cup was going to be the first time in years I had someone to cheer on, a player I actually cared about. Now, although part of me still wants to see him to do well, I don't really give a toss about the England team. As far as I am concerned its just another typical England team full of pampered prima donnas and overpaid gimps again.

Still feel a sense of pride seeing Lambert play for England. It probably feels a bit like adopting a child and bringing them up and then seeing them move out of the family home as an adult and starting out on the next phase of their life. (Not the best analogy in the world but you get my drift hopefully!)

Part of him will always be a Saint :)

Edited by trousers

Still feel a sense of pride seeing Lambert play for England. Its probably feels a bit like adopting a child and bringing them up and then seeing them move out of the family home as an adult and starting out on the next phase of their life. (Not the best analogy in the world but you get my drift hopefully!)

Part of him will always be a Saint :)

It doesn't really matter who Lambert plays for... he's pure class and a joy to watch...