Gaston To Torino?

Gemmel

We don't even need to see a totally different Gaston, we just need to see a more consistent Gaston.

The player is utterly class, and can do things with the ball that no one else in our team can (even Lallana!)

I haven't seen any evidence of this utter class

I haven't seen any evidence of this utter class

What about when he ran the show at Aston Villa last year? Then again at Arsenal and Newcastle? Or his goal against West Ham last year? Or his free kick for Uruguay in the Olympics? What about his goal against Everton? Or when he was our most promising player vs West Ham away this year, Cardiff at home... What about his assist vs West Brom that no other player in our team could have done? What about every time he has just floated past players with no effort at all as if they weren't even there?

No, I haven't either.

Edited by Beckenham Saint

Said before but I'm not convinced we'd have stayed up without him our first season. It was a boost signing him, he played a big part in some important wins, especially the early ones after a very poor start. If that doesn't happen, could we have come back from it?

I think he also played a role in making Lallana up his game.

Disappointed he still hasn't produced a run of form to nail down a starting place, but I have no doubt that he can be excellent player for us. Suspect those who can't see his latent ability were also oblivious to the qualities of Schneiderlin, Lallana, Rodriguez etc etc etc.

I get it now. If you don't rate a player it must mean you don't rate any other player???? Seems a weird logic to me. What about Nigel & Poch, they clearly didn't rate him enough to play him regularly, does that mean they don't rate the ones they do play. Because I don't particularly like The Stones, does that mean I don't rate The Beatles or The Who.

Why do you believe that because people don't think he's good enough, they don't rate our star players. Let's see what the experts think, the Saints managers keep leaving him out, what about other managers, will they pay the same value we did. If he's as good as some claim, we'll get our money back.I bet they won't pay anything like that, why is that?

I get it now. If you don't rate a player it must mean you don't rate any other player???? Seems a weird logic to me. What about Nigel & Poch, they clearly didn't rate him enough to play him regularly, does that mean they don't rate the ones they do play. Because I don't particularly like The Stones, does that mean I don't rate The Beatles or The Who.

Why do you believe that because people don't think he's good enough, they don't rate our star players. Let's see what the experts think, the Saints managers keep leaving him out, what about other managers, will they pay the same value we did. If he's as good as some claim, we'll get our money back.I bet they won't pay anything like that, why is that?

1) That isn't what he is saying.

2) He did play most of the time under Nige, he struggled with fitness due to Confeds Cup, Injury and family bereavement (was it his Dad? I forget now), not exactly a great start for a 22 year old in a new country. So he did miss some games.

3) Have no players ever proven themselves after not being fancied by one manager?

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

Duck

I understand you are angry because he hasn't delivered. I agree. But he has class, his first season actually wasn't bad either really, second season for whatever reason/excuse he didn't deliver. Class isn't his problem. Hopefully under new management his application/fitness/ desire , whatever will improve. If not I vote we smash his kneecaps.

What do you think we could sell him for this summer?

What would he be worth next summer 'IF' he has another season similar to last season? bearing in mind he'll have just 1 year left on his contract.

Is it worth the gamble hoping he comes good, or should we cut our losses now and reinvest the transfer fund and wages on someone else?

copied your reply from the Latest information thread as this is probably the right place to discuss Gaston.

What about when he ran the show at Aston Villa last year? Then again at Arsenal and Newcastle? Or his goal against West Ham last year? Or his free kick for Uruguay in the Olympics? What about his goal against Everton? Or when he was our most promising player vs West Ham away this year, Cardiff at home... What about his assist vs West Brom that no other player in our team could have done? What about every time he has just floated past players with no effort at all as if they weren't even there?

No, I haven't either.

Pretty sure Mr X wouldnt see his utter class whether he had it or not mate so I wouldnt worry

I agreed BTW

What do you think we could sell him for this summer?

What would he be worth next summer 'IF' he has another season similar to last season? bearing in mind he'll have just 1 year left on his contract.

Is it worth the gamble hoping he comes good, or should we cut our losses now and reinvest the transfer fund and wages on someone else?

copied your reply from the Latest information thread as this is probably the right place to discuss Gaston.

**** off glasgow