STATEMENT: Player interest & Rickie Lambert

Saint Rees

Meanwhile in other news, The met police have agreed to Alpines request to search for the saints new shirt

UK Cops Arrive At Scrubland to dig for saints new shirt in portugal

You have appalling, insensitive bad taste

[quote

The Rickie Lambert transfer to Liverpool is now history. But he was sold far too cheaply and that rankles.

Please tell us what we received and details of the future payments from the contract?

[quote

The Rickie Lambert transfer to Liverpool is now history. But he was sold far too cheaply and that rankles.

Please tell us what we received and details of the future payments from the contract?

It's really time th board got a grip.All the fans see is Liverpool taking the ****.

The statement was as weak as water

By the way Les Reed better pull some rabbits from the hat . His track record as a player was woeful

Much of the angst could have been avoided if the board had got off their knees

I predict Ralph Krueger will be out in 18mths And Les Reed slaughtered at the ground by Xmas

They really don't know what they are doing

No one knows anything. How some can justify their comments is hilarious. No proof of anything, just wild speculation.

Football is out of control, look at the Qatar World Cup fiasco, greed, money, under hand dealings. Players will sell their sole to the highest bidder and contracts don't mean a thing. Disillusioned .

No one knows anything. How some can justify their comments is hilarious. No proof of anything, just wild speculation.

Football is out of control, look at the Qatar World Cup fiasco, greed, money, under hand dealings. Players will sell their sole to the highest bidder and contracts don't mean a thing. Disillusioned .

Accurate assessment. The impression is that, with a few exceptions, those with the power to eradicate the bad practice have their own snouts in the trough. Even MIchel Platini, who appeared to want a fairer game is reported as being linked to dubious contacts during the Qatar episode, which if true, would show even football's white knight in a poor light.

It is another pitifully weak statement from the Board.

The club simply MUST NOT consider ANY transfers BEFORE the new manager is appointed. And he should be a party to all player movements, in or out.

For obvious reasons.

And we Saints supporters should make that adamantly clear by telling them in no uncertain terms. (imo)

(And incidentally Liverpool were not aware of his AVAILABILITY until Saints told them, which makes a mockery of Katherina's pledge not to sell players.

ps I don't begrudge Rickie his move to his boyhood club, but that is not the issue. The issue is that the Board are still failing to give strong direction. That can only help to deter a future suitable manager from coming here.

My view as well, although I have to say that I do begrudge Rickie his move to Liverpool. The SFC management priority should be to act in the best interests of the club, which may sometimes conflict with the personal ambitions of individual club employees. When that happens the club MUST come ahead of the employee. No doubt Lambert is replaceable, but not for the money and worse is the timing that may well have encouraged other players who would like to break their contracts as he has been allowed to.

Yup, I agree. If one wants to take the cynical approach then Rickie was probably not going to be such a central player for us in the coming seasons, so a £4M sale is very good for a player in decline. But if you want to take the more emotional approach that Rickie is a talisman for the club and that he is a role model for the young fans, then you're probably a softie like myself who can't help looking at the bigger picture in the amazing saga of Rickie Lambert. And I'm thankful that we played a part in the most important chapter about the symbiosis between SFC and Rickie Lambert. The Liverpool years will be an epilogue to end the story in style... I can't help being happy for the big guy.

Anyone who watched his first interview for LFC cannot doubt that he is 'home' at the only club he ever genuinely dreamt of playing for.

He has to fight back tears - they guy genuinely loves that football club.

And how anyone could begrudge him the chance to play for them is beyond me.

You'd have to be a complete, feckless, idiot. Oh wait...

Anyone who watched his first interview for LFC cannot doubt that he is 'home' at the only club he ever genuinely dreamt of playing for.

He has to fight back tears - they guy genuinely loves that football club.

And how anyone could begrudge him the chance to play for them is beyond me.

You'd have to be a complete, feckless, idiot. Oh wait...

It's just as striking that he's hardly mentioned us in interviews unless directly asked. All very clinical if you ask me.

completely agree. It's a sport and these are supposed to be people we like and admire. Yet one of the most likeable and successful of recent times still gets nothing from our resident ****. Really depressing there are so many people like that out there, and that they're allowed to reproduce.
+

Please. that's a dreadfully naive view but you show your own colours by being unpleasantly offensive to people who don't share your simplistic opinion. Football is a business and the people who manage the clubs should act in the best interests of the club. That means doing the best to achieve the best results. This isn't village football.

There's no reason to mention us when he's directly asked about Liverpool, to be fair

These things aren't easy to separate - many questions are openended, allowing him more than enough room to mention us if that's what is on his mind. To qualify my earlier post, I'm not sure if he's actually really spoken much about us in front of the national media.

[quote

Well Bristol Rovers are apparently happy with their half million cut. Quite useful for a Conference team.

These things aren't easy to separate - many questions are openended, allowing him more than enough room to mention us if that's what is on his mind. To qualify my earlier post, I'm not sure if he's actually really spoken much about us in front of the national media.

I think we'll live!

Wow, sensitive much?

I've heard him mention us a few times actually, and he wrote a letter specifically for Saints.

I'm sure you would be delighted if we signed somebody and they kept banging on about their previous club.