Blackmore: Players angry with Board & Reed

Saint Charlie

The evidence seems to be mounting that Reed might be the problem - I just hope that Katharina and Ralph are becoming aware of it.

On a side note, I can remember when we used to fear our players getting England call-ups because, after chatting with other players, they would soon find out that they were under-paid. There was also, supposedly, some player-to-player "tapping up" going on.

It may be just a coincidence but the three players most likely to leave us all became part of the England set-up his year.

I don't think we know half of the story behind what's going on now, and yet that doesn't stop people from firing bullets at Katharine and Ralph.

Yeah, with all speculation around the england 3 the rumours of tapping up and notion among other clubs fans that it is better not to have international floated back into my head.

Anyone heard of the official agent?

Retweeted by Eamonn Holmes

The Official Agent™ ‏@_OfficialAgent_ 1h

Got the green light! Exclusive #Lallana and #Shaw deals details from a close source coming up at 6pm. Don't miss. Stay tuned. #MUFC #LFC

Got the green light! Exclusive #Lallana and #Shaw deals details from a close source coming up at 6pm. Don't miss. Stay tuned. #MUFC #LFC

Whoever owns that twitter account is lying turd with too much time on his or her hands.

He's late

Not sure who Saint Charlie is but you are right, I was not present but you told me after!!

It didn't bother me too much at the time as the other stuff was positive but fell apart with MP going.

Ralph Kreuger is a real puzzle. He is not behaving as a top flight exec should do. He had all the right platitudes in the interview but has no sense of understanding how to manage in a crisis which needed swift immediate action (Manager appointment) when he had months of notice that he would need to appoint one!

He stopped replying as soon as he was asked to expand on his point I believe, by both sim2kuk and MLT. Unfortunately he's made a rod for his own back now and can't back it up.

sim2kuk is you isn't it? Used to be Dibden Purlieu Saint on here? Maybe Blackmore is agenda ridden like most of us?

:lol:

There is a certain "Brett from Camden" symmetry to the denial!

I love it

"No way its me mate, I have the exact same opinion, posting style amd wear the same nappies, but I dont even know the bloke, Im from Birmingham and completely new to the forum.......... That glasgows always beena nob though"

I love it

"No way its me mate, I have the exact same opinion, posting style amd wear the same nappies, but I dont even know the bloke, Im from Birmingham and completely new to the forum.......... That glasgows always beena nob though"

Even St. Chalet admitted that Jeff is a return poster.

Maybe just a massive coincidence.

No I don't think so. We need a new Director of football who has some real experience of implementing a transfer strategy and allow Les Reed to go back to his role of Head of football Development.

I have no belief in Reed to a) keep the current squad happy and b) negotiate transfers well, both incoming and outgoing. Adam Blackmore's tweets only confirms that belief

Reed is a totally inept liability to this club. Seems to have no use what he is doing at all ..

His valuations are totally inept too....

A negotiator. !!!!!! ??? Do me a favour !!!

See, I'm not quite sure Reed deserves this kind of strong criticism at the moment. He was brought here by NC and has overseen our rise as much as anyone else, so he's clearly been involved in some good decisions along the way. The fact he has been given more involvement is possibly somewhat worrying, and indicative of our naive board, but from where I'm standing he's the last person I'd put the blame and I would argue that he's earnt a little bit of trust from the supporter base, after-all, he has been involved in a lot of good over the last 5 years.

Suppose the real long term aim for any owner should be top flight football for 10-20 years, bring in huge revenues and build the club up, debt free and investing in infrastructure.

And I trust Katharina Liebherr to do this no matter what.

I don't know much about Reed, his involvement etc but there seems to be huge contradiction on this place. All pro Cortese, and anti Reed, who worked with Cortese for years and was part of the success.

I don't feel better about the sales by having someone to blame and get angry at, I'd just worry it wasn't even the right target anyway. Just sad everything that's happening is exactly what I thought the second we got promoted. But you can't not want promotion and moving forward. The whole sport has become a paradox for the majority of clubs. Progress your way to implosion!

Suppose the real long term aim for any owner should be top flight football for 10-20 years, bring in huge revenues and build the club up, debt free and investing in infrastructure.

Another definite vote for this. The problem is it doesn't fit with the "want it now" immediacy of modern football fans and society in general.

I don't know much about Reed, his involvement etc but there seems to be huge contradiction on this place. All pro Cortese, and anti Reed, who worked with Cortese for years and was part of the success.

I don't feel better about the sales by having someone to blame and get angry at, I'd just worry it wasn't even the right target anyway. Just sad everything that's happening is exactly what I thought the second we got promoted. But you can't not want promotion and moving forward. The whole sport has become a paradox for the majority of clubs. Progress your way to implosion!

Another definite vote for this. The problem is it doesn't fit with the "want it now" immediacy of modern football fans and society in general.

Still a bit :( however true.

Adrian - I know you love your rambling, patronising metacritiques on the state of the mongboard but please explain the contradiction: perhaps there's a recognition that Reed is better suited to specific tasks -the scouting side rather than the negotiation of transfers- carried out within a set of checks and balances.

It's perfectly consistent to praise the work Reed's done yet express concern over how the conditions that made him successful in the past appear to have changed. On second thoughts, perhaps you're the only one who's confused.

Edited by shurlock

SFC Board appearing as muppets to the rest of the football world - there for the taking - has it occurred to them to acquire the players sold will be more money and so you have to conclude that they will not actually replace. on holiday and totally ****ed off with them

SFC Board appearing as muppets to the rest of the football world - there for the taking - has it occurred to them to acquire the players sold will be more money and so you have to conclude that they will not actually replace. on holiday and totally ****ed off with them

Except a club our size is not looking to pick up the mega expensive star players. What we have done quite well (and need to keep doing) is to uncover those players we can acquire cheaper ( and hopefully improve) that can do a job for us. Cork, Lovern, Lambert, Clyne even Victor, to a point, were all players that we have picked up for reasonable money that the big clubs didn't take a punt on. We have to hope the clubs scouting network is good enough to find these untapped players and bring them here. After a couple of seasons when we've turned them into superstars we move them on for big fees and go again. Only way for a club like us to survive. If you think we are going to replace our star players with players that cost just as much you're in for a lot of disappointment.

Except a club our size is not looking to pick up the mega expensive star players. What we have done quite well (and need to keep doing) is to uncover those players we can acquire cheaper ( and hopefully improve) that can do a job for us. Cork, Lovern, Lambert, Clyne even Victor, to a point, were all players that we have picked up for reasonable money that the big clubs didn't take a punt on. We have to hope the clubs scouting network is good enough to find these untapped players and bring them here. After a couple of seasons when we've turned them into superstars we move them on for big fees and go again. Only way for a club like us to survive. If you think we are going to replace our star players with players that cost just as much you're in for a lot of disappointment.

One problem it seems is the order. If we sell Lambert, Shaw and Lallana, everyone knows we have £60m kicking about and prices then go shooting up. Its also a pretty depressing thought that we would need to replace 3-4 ever year rather than adding 3-4 to what we already have.

Sad time (potentially)

One problem it seems is the order. If we sell Lambert, Shaw and Lallana, everyone knows we have £60m kicking about and prices then go shooting up. Its also a pretty depressing thought that we would need to replace 3-4 ever year rather than adding 3-4 to what we already have.

Sad time (potentially)

And you can bet your bottom dollar that our friend Ralph will come out with something like this.....''Yes, we've sold our best players, but the new manager will have a lot of money to reinforce the team. We have a lot of funds to add to the side and we want to go shopping for Southampton saints''

RK - Hi Swansea, we would like to buy Neil taylor please. We value him at £3-4m

Swansea - Hi Southampton, I understand you have a lot of money to spend. We want £8m please

RK - We can't be paying that. Bye

Onto the next target....

So, a hack with nothing better to do as the club aren't telling him anything has a sulk and comes up with a story that all the players are unhappy, gets called on it my MLT and can't explain why and the place goes into meltdown about what a shambles of a board we have. As far as I can see, MoPo has gone and he was going to leave anyway. Not sure there is anything they could have done about Lambert apart from royally **** him off by not letting him go and apart from that, the club have been true to their word and are turning down bids for our players (it's not their fault that clubs are making bids for our talented players btw, it was inevitable after last season) as they said they would until the new manager is appointed. Same goes for renewing contacts I imagine. They're not going to renew contracts for players that might not be in the new bosses plans. Hold tight, it might all end well.

So, a hack with nothing better to do as the club aren't telling him anything has a sulk and comes up with a story that all the players are unhappy, gets called on it my MLT and can't explain why and the place goes into meltdown about what a shambles of a board we have. As far as I can see, MoPo has gone and he was going to leave anyway. Not sure there is anything they could have done about Lambert apart from royally **** him off by not letting him go and apart from that, the club have been true to their word and are turning down bids for our players (it's not their fault that clubs are making bids for our talented players btw, it was inevitable after last season) as they said they would until the new manager is appointed. Same goes for renewing contacts I imagine. They're not going to renew contracts for players that might not be in the new bosses plans. Hold tight, it might all end well.

Agreed. It must also be very difficult to communicate with the players collectively at this moment. Individually yes, but is Blackmore suggesting the board should send emails or make telephone calls to players to advise on strategy and future planning. Maybe the board should just let them have their rest after a fantastic season and address them all together when they return. Sounds more logical