Pre season Matches

Saint Charlie

1) Club announce friendly against good European team.

2) People complain on here about it.

Good game IMO.

This again and again and again. Good God this place is full of mouth breathers. We could hope to have the pedigree of Leverkusen. Unbelievable the morons here. What else would you like? Maybe we should face a combined Real, Barca, Bayern, Inter side as befitting our worldly status? Clowns.

Good game IMO, for the good of our pre-season preparations (and not just some fans expectations) I think someone about their level is ideal.

My thoughts entirely! What do people want, Real Madrid 'B' to come along, smash us 4-0 at home and damage confidence?

Okay, that might happen anyway with Leverkusen, but I doubt it.

Why are people underwhelmed by pre-season fixtures? Seriously? are you having me on???

It's a friendly, before the season starts. It means nothing.

why are you surprised

there were people underwhelmed by our bloody sponsor

like swindon?

their support (with celtic) is awesome. Just would be a good day

The Swindon, Bournemouth and Brighton fixtures are deliberately against local sides - the last two are meant to pose more challenging opposition.

My guess is that this top European away team have bailed on us and we're trying to find replacement opposition. Been too long since the club mentioned it to still not having it confirmed.

Yep, only thing I can think of n'all. It's been 2 weeks now and would only leave about a month for anyone to book anything up when it's finally announced. Hope it's soon because this will be my summer holiday!

Yep, only thing I can think of n'all. It's been 2 weeks now and would only leave about a month for anyone to book anything up when it's finally announced. Hope it's soon because this will be my summer holiday!

Yeah same. Can imagine the club are just scrapping around to find a close enough replacement opposition to save face on this 'marquee' fixture.

Anyone heard any murmurs of when and where the European away game might be? Seems they're leaving it very late. Perhaps it has fallen through.

Would think the latter now.

So its either Hasfallenthrough Athletic or TheLatterNow FC.

Either way, a stern test for our plucky new team.