Pre season Matches

Saint Charlie

Dissapointing if they don't do an overseas camp. The team seemed to really build up camaraderie on the last two and seemed a big part of why we played so well. So much to be said for team spirit. Thought Ralph would be all over this as it is his forte.

Tbh an overseas camp for whom? The few players who aren't on international duty just now and some no hopers from the U18s.

It would cost a lot for very little tbh.

No they're cost cutting, we've paid (or are going to pay) 30 million £ for a training ground, no point in paying to use someone else's facilities and not use your own. Long way from Austria and Spain last season though or the 2 years of Swiss bonanza.

Yep. Real come-down in the world, this is........ :(

Get a grip chaps.

Hmm a couple of days away when they all get back together perhaps? Doesn't have to be a fortnight in the bahamas. Guess World Cup is the problem with players having had enough of being abroad. But the big time charlie attitudes may need lowering with some quality time with their 'less able team mates'.

This pre-season scheulde as a platform to let a clique of fans, the number of which is somewhat indeterminate, go on a unregulated booze-up away from the dragons indoors is great. For building up fitness, team spirit and testing the teams mettle against quality opposition, its utter w*nk.

This pre-season scheulde as a platform to let a clique of fans, the number of which is somewhat indeterminate, go on a unregulated booze-up away from the dragons indoors is great. For building up fitness, team spirit and testing the teams mettle against quality opposition, its utter w*nk.

But going to switzerland and playing Amateur teams is?

As I said above, get a grip chap.

Last year we came to Austria and played 2 of Europe's top tier of teams.

You get a grip.

:lol:

Yes, I'm the one having daily meltdowns. Clearly, I need to get a grip.

These are the first fixtures announced. We are playing two Championship teams, and a League 1 team. That really isn't that poor a standard.

Considering the dates of them, most players who have been involved with World Cups probably wouldn't be involved anyway. So if playing higher level opposition, they are hardly likely to be playing full strength teams anyway.

There is going to be more friendlies. Pick up your toys, and put them back in the pram. It's really nothing to get so worked up about.

:lol: One of the best things I've read.

One of our domestic pre-season friendlies has been confirmed - Bournemouth away on 25th July. Two more to follow at 9am #saintsfc

Alps - suggest you read things a little more closely. Use of the word domestic here, would clearly indicate there will be others abroad, would you not agree?

I'm actually trying to help him, for my sins...

I'm surprised you're not still in shock from him agreeing with your upbeat post yesterday about the players we have as the core of a side this coming season...

It's not complete yet. As the season opener gets nearer the quality of opposition will improve as per last year. Chill.

That also states that they are playing Arsenal in the UEFA Supercup, which we know they're not.

MLG is correct.

Really all this fake up football manager bolloaks is getting too much, blokes should knock it on the head and go back to pubs,darts and women. Pursuits for real men. If you've got time left for a couple of hours at work every day so much the better.

Really all this fake up football manager bolloaks is getting too much, blokes should knock it on the head and go back to pubs,darts and women. Pursuits for real men. If you've got time left for a couple of hours at work every day so much the better.

And with that I'm off for a quick 50km on the bike!

:lol:

Yes, I'm the one having daily meltdowns. Clearly, I need to get a grip.

These are the first fixtures announced. We are playing two Championship teams, and a League 1 team. That really isn't that poor a standard.

Considering the dates of them, most players who have been involved with World Cups probably wouldn't be involved anyway. So if playing higher level opposition, they are hardly likely to be playing full strength teams anyway.

There is going to be more friendlies. Pick up your toys, and put them back in the pram. It's really nothing to get so worked up about.

Go on show some compassion. He's obviously narked that his only chance of getting to a Saints game this season has gone out of the window.

If this away friendly is to be over a weekend, I don't see where it can fit in. Seeing as Swindon is Monday 21st, Bournemouth Friday 25th and Brighton the following Thursday 31st then a weekend first team fixture can't be fitted in there.. and Reed said the home friendly was a week before the season starts on the 16th, so the 9th.. Which leaves the weekend free before that but it's only 2 days after Brighton away. Either one of the domestic games will be a XI game rather than first team, or the away friendly will be midweek I'd have thought.

Southampton FC@SouthamptonFC 29s

We’re pleased to confirm that #SaintsFC will welcome @bayer04fussball to St Mary’s on Saturday 9th August at 5pm BST.

BqAQMJuCQAIWsPw.png

Yeah there's the problem with building it up so much. If just announced with the other fixtures Leverkusen is good. But saying top european clubs, building it up, saying announcement tomorrow as if it's exciting, you kind of expect a real elite side. Basically one of about 10 or so massive clubs, of which Leverkusen aren't. They won't attract fans much.

It will attract at least 2 fans- my daughter and I.

If you were expecting one of the Madrids, Milans, Barca, Bayern, etc - you're nuts.

I'm very happy with Leverkusen. In any event, I go to watch Saints - not the opposition!!