England game tonight

Saint-Beer

Saints related post: Lallana has been utterly anonymous so far.

No-one has shone for either side, but if Lallana wants his spot in the side for the actual games he needs more than this.

Good goal.

He always goes missing for 20 minutes. But I think he's done ok tonight.

He always goes missing for 20 minutes. But I think he's done ok tonight.

Apart from Sturridge and our central defenders shutting out and both scoring, I don't think anyone else has done anything of real note tonight. Against limited opposition too.

Still, just a very friendly game.

Adam was pretty poor I thought he can play a lot better than that. I think the tatter said the Peru frontline have 3 caps between them yet they've got through England's back line a few times tonight god knows what some quality strikers will do to the England back line.

Edited by doddisalegend

The commentary from Andy Townsend after the Sturridge goal made me laugh:

"Goal scorers like Sturridge are priceless!..."

I'd say they are more like £4 mil + add ons.

How does Andy Townsend hold down a job as co-commentator? This is surely a mystery up there with the real story of who shot JFK and where Lord Lucan disappeared to.

UKIP England fans booing the Peruvian national anthem. Coming over here, stealing our marmalade!

n76Irx8.jpg

UKIP are right. Have you ever seen the carnage that bear causes. What if his ways rub off on our own bear population. Not worth thinking about.

Glenn Johnson is crap, but I'm glad he's in the squad, ahead of the far superior Nathaniel. Every player for us who gets capped for England gets sold within a year (MLT excluded of course).

MLT barely played for England.

Strange watching AL with the probability he will not be a saint soon.

Same here. As I know (but not ITK) that he wont be a saint much longer, I felt strangely ambivalent watching AL play. I reckon I would have been raving had Steven Davis been (a) English and (b) passing the ball sideways in a very tidy fashion out there.

Quite reassuring really - guess it doesn't really matter who plays - I support anyone who plays for the saints.