Good luck with the medical Rickie and good luck with your new club and thank you.

corsacar saint

I am being positive. That's the point.

This board has been full this week of ultra-negative, presumptuous, and mean-spirited criticisms of the people running the Club. Much of it has not been based on any real facts; it's mostly sheer conjecture, highly-subjective impressions, and mere guesswork.

Here's the chance to expunge all that negativity and to end the week on a high note. In this context, to worry about going "overboard with the thanks", just sounds like more of that negative vibe!

I think what everyone is missing here is that with Rickie in the side, England must be nailed on to win the world cup with Rickie scoring a penalty in extra time against Germany.

Just wish I could give a crap about England with no Saints likely to be in the side.

I feel this is the best way to end things with Rickie. Much better him leave us before suffering a difficult decline here with people getting on his back and it's easier to see him to go his boyhood club rather than West Ham or QPR for the money.

Thank you Rickie.

I feel this is the best way to end things with Rickie. Much better him leave us before suffering a difficult decline here with people getting on his back and it's easier to see him to go his boyhood club rather than West Ham or QPR for the money.

Thank you Rickie.

Well said - adios Rickie

I don't think you can hold it against him in a personal way, but I do agree that as a club we have allowed him to become the player he has - he's grown with us, as much as we've grown with him. As much as we have a lot to thank him for, he will also have a lot to thank us for.

You don't often get a player and a club matching so well at the right time, but that's what happened. It's been a true match made in heaven for the last 5 years, perfect fit for us all the way.

I just don't think I'll be able to handle seeing him in another clubs kit though! Just plain odd.

Yep thanks for the goals. No thanks for leaving the club and supporters that gave you Prem wages and an England cap, for leaving to go to a club that ditched you all those years ago because you were not good enough. Sorry, but you're not in the same league as MLT, Ron Davies, Mick Channon or even Kelvin Davies - they're more deserved of the label 'legend' IMO. But it's my fault....I must have misunderstood the phrase "I want to end my career here".

Would have loved to have seen rickie get on that pitch in the world cup as a saints player. But he has been one if the most important players in the club's recent history. Hope he goes on to score a few goals at the kop end, not against us though. Cheers for the memories.

Yep thanks for the goals. No thanks for leaving the club and supporters that gave you Prem wages and an England cap, for leaving to go to a club that ditched you all those years ago because you were not good enough. Sorry, but you're not in the same league as MLT, Ron Davies, Mick Channon or even Kelvin Davies - they're more deserved of the label 'legend' IMO. But it's my fault....I must have misunderstood the phrase "I want to end my career here".

What a plank.

All the best SRL, done us proud. Hope you return Liverpool to the top once more. Looking forward to us spoiling the scousers party for a week or two next season though.

Sincerely believe this man will hold the Saints dear to his heart and come back a hero till his dying days for what he has done for us. Never let it be forgotten by the pillocks who will undoubtedly forget his achievements fur our club and try and spoil his return.

Deserves the biggest round of applause when he steps out next season.

No need to write something so Low. This is a thread to expresss gratitude, not to vent bitterness.

As I wrote on the 12th:

Another great day for Lambert, who has a warmth and amiability about him that is unmatched in 99% of other players. It's no surprise that the Beeb world cup pagehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27362447 has comments wishing him well at number 1+2 top rated.

It's worth noting that yesterday he scored his 106th goal for Southampton, beating out the 105 goals he had scored for all other clubs before coming to saints (stats from his wiki).

As inspirational as it is impressive!

That statement is as true today as it was then. I cannot help but admire the way that Rickie has turned around his career, to the mutual benefit of himself and saints. He now has a chance to return to his boyhood team, and be a hometown hero, someone that was not possible before his transformation into our talisman. And it's not like he's jumping ship for the first top four team that comes calling, and to hell with his previous promises *cough*'Adz'*cough*

This is a man with one final chance in the Twilight of his career to realise a life long dream. How many men, in any walk of life, ever get that chance? What man but a fool would turn it down?

No true Saints fan will wish Rickie anything but the best. Though I will miss watching him do the number 7 shirt proud!

Good luck Rickie, and thanks for the memories (and JPT!)

So guys, just remember your comments here when the other 'stars' leave - I'm sure you'll all find justification for each and every one of those going just as you have for RL.

Lallana - oh he so deserves the chance to play CL

Shaw - oh he so deserves the chance to play for is hero club

etc - oh they so deserve more money

So not one of you can b*tch at the board any more can you? None of you can say it's their fault. After all, all the players are worth it!

After all, it's the players who want to leave us because they all deserve "the chance of a lifetime"

...teary eyed halfwits

So guys, just remember your comments here when the other 'stars' leave - I'm sure you'll all find justification for each and every one of those going just as you have for RL.

So not one of you can b*tch at the board any more can you? None of you can say it's their fault. After all, all the players are worth it!

After all, it's the players who want to leave us because they all deserve "the chance of a lifetime"

...teary eyed halfwits

:lol: The only teary eyed halfwit is you....!!!!

Players come and players go, that's football, that's how it has always been. Channon, Shearer, Bale, Walcott all of them (and hundreds more) great players, but they all went.

After they went, we as a club got on with it. That's how football works. There are a few who have sugar daddies and so life for them is somewhat easier - they will always sit at the pinnacle of the football hierarchy. For the rest of us we have to make our way in the football world - that's life. We were the 8th best team in the country last year - great season to be a Saints fan. Next season we could well get relegated - but I'll still be a Saints fan.

So while we get on with supporting Saints why not go sit in the corner and cry a while you teary eyed halfwit.

...teary eyed halfwits

Well done. A moronic post which not only misses the facets of why people are wishing Rickie Lambert well, but also the prevailing mood of the board, which is this move is not disastrous in itself if done in isolation. It's the other moves which people (the majority) see no justification for, and will be understandably angry if they go through.

But why am I bothering to explain this? You've already demonstrated that you can't sense the room.

:lol: The only teary eyed halfwit is you....!!!!

Players come and players go, that's football, that's how it has always been. Channon, Shearer, Bale, Walcott all of them (and hundreds more) great players, but they all went.

After they went, we as a club got on with it. That's how football works. There are a few who have sugar daddies and so life for them is somewhat easier - they will always sit at the pinnacle of the football hierarchy. For the rest of us we have to make our way in the football world - that's life. We were the 8th best team in the country last year - great season to be a Saints fan. Next season we could well get relegated - but I'll still be a Saints fan.

So while we get on with supporting Saints why not go sit in the corner and cry a while you teary eyed halfwit.

You miss the point Micky - you are totally correct and I actually agree with what you say, but elsewhere on this forum people are screaming at the Board for letting RL (and any others that may) go, but here everyone saying it's a fitting end to his career.

So will you be saying the same if Lallana goes? If Shaw goes? Or will you at that point turn on the board? Or will it be double standards time - THAT is the point

What a plank.

All the best SRL, done us proud. Hope you return Liverpool to the top once more. Looking forward to us spoiling the scousers party for a week or two next season though.

Sincerely believe this man will hold the Saints dear to his heart and come back a hero till his dying days for what he has done for us. Never let it be forgotten by the pillocks who will undoubtedly forget his achievements fur our club and try and spoil his return.

Deserves the biggest round of applause when he steps out next season.

Agreed!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dear Richard,

Until you leave your front door for your first training session for your new club.

You are still a Saint.

Represent.

Show the world what we've been banging on about for the last few years.

FFS bloke, when you get back You will hopefully be playing for your team in the CL.

You my well be on your way to becoming an English football legend.

Been an honour.

In the story of Rickie Lambert we'll be forgotten about, thr way I see it. It won't be Lambert the former beatroot factory worker who rose through the leugues to play in the in the premier league wih southampton and play for England.

It'll be Liverpool born and bred beatroot factory worker rises through the leagues to play for his boyhood club in the champions league and the World Cup.

Guaranteed.

No need to write something so Low. This is a thread to expresss gratitude, not to vent bitterness.

As I wrote on the 12th:

That statement is as true today as it was then. I cannot help but admire the way that Rickie has turned around his career, to the mutual benefit of himself and saints. He now has a chance to return to his boyhood team, and be a hometown hero, someone that was not possible before his transformation into our talisman. And it's not like he's jumping ship for the first top four team that comes calling, and to hell with his previous promises *cough*'Adz'*cough*

This is a man with one final chance in the Twilight of his career to realise a life long dream. How many men, in any walk of life, ever get that chance? What man but a fool would turn it down?

No true Saints fan will wish Rickie anything but the best. Though I will miss watching him do the number 7 shirt proud!

Good luck Rickie, and thanks for the memories (and JPT!)

No, you've misunderstood completely...not uncommon for many on here with one dimensional minds. I'm not bitter about Lambert - as I said, he's scored many important goals, but I don't feel the need to swoon over a player that doesn't have Saints blood running through him. Those players are few and far between - they're the real legends. Lambert despite his goal tally has nailed his colours to the mast and turned his back on Saints. Why should I wish him luck playing for a rival team FFS?!

Good luck sitting on the bench next season, hope your arse is upto it.

That's the reality. I have the feeling that his career is effectively over. He may not even get a game in the World Cup and I don't see him getting much playing time with Liverpool next season. I can understand him wanting to go there but I'm struggling to see the logic from Liverpool's point of view. There are a lot of big egos up there who may not take kindly to his arrival.