Les Reed

Bewildered

So, it's down now to Les.

1. To get a manager like Moyes who will be seen as a positive statement of intent.

2. To use the unexpected sale of Lambert and probably Ramirez and Osvaldo to reinvest in the managers requirement for a new strike force.

3. To use the sales above to strongly demonstrate that we do not need to sell anyone else and WILL NOT. To keep our Captain Adam Lallana. To only sell Shaw if the manager says so.

4. To make a clear statement to our players agents that we are not interested in selling so they should get back in their boxes.

Do that Les and you'll be a man my son!

I'm sticking to this Les.

Is it just me, or is there a distinct lack of Kruger anywhere to be seen right now? The guy doing the PR and the press is Les - maybe KL has seen the reaction that RK has had, and has decided to pull him back from the public eye....

Even on the tour of Staplewood, it was just Les. It was Les signing the contract with the manager as well as Gareth Rogers, Les giving the interview and run down on the appointment.....and Les giving an interview a week or so ago prior to this appointment. Maybe everyone else saw what an awful PR job Kruger was doing?

Is it just me, or is there a distinct lack of Kruger anywhere to be seen right now? The guy doing the PR and the press is Les - maybe KL has seen the reaction that RK has had, and has decided to pull him back from the public eye....

Even on the tour of Staplewood, it was just Les. It was Les signing the contract with the manager as well as Gareth Rogers, Les giving the interview and run down on the appointment.....and Les giving an interview a week or so ago prior to this appointment. Maybe everyone else saw what an awful PR job Kruger was doing?

They way it should be. Krueger obviously has many qualities, but no question his public statements so far have been horrendous.

He's letting the business do the talking.

It really is interesting to read back all the bile aimed towards Les at the start of thread and then all the praise he is receiving now. There were Chinese whispers saying that he was disliked by the players, predictions from normally sensible people that we would start the season weaker than we neded it and now it appears that the reactions are a bit knee-jerk.

It is relatively unimportant what the players' feelings are towards Reed and in any event reports suggest that he struck a very positive chord with our new manager. What is important, is how the players relate to Ron Koeman. Again, popularity amongst the players towards him is less important than respect, which I hope that he will command.

With the appointment of the Koeman brothers, I am now confident that we might well keep those big players who have been the subject of much speculation, or if they do depart, that we will replace them like for like or better. Therefore I am now confident that we can begin the new season as least as strong as we finished the last one.

Les Reed and Katharina deserve a pat on the back

Not just Kruger. What happened to the other ****, can't even recall his name, who came in and made total gaff about finances and has not been heard of again since. Hopefully he has been shown the door.

Not just Kruger. What happened to the other ****, can't even recall his name, who came in and made total gaff about finances and has not been heard of again since. Hopefully he has been shown the door.

Rogers? (Rodgers maybe?)

Hans Hofstetter?

TBF, he's a business lawyer so wouldn't expect to be hearing too much from him.

Pretty standard practice. New board comes in, states "this is a mess", and gets the kudos for fixing it. Naive in this situation as it set out the 'open for business sign, although that would have happened anyway once MP left.

If MP did say one thing and do another I think the club are relatively blameless. You can't go round not trusting people as a norm.

Which makes you wonder what Krueger actually does for us now, he seemed like someone who was brought in to be the voice of the board with Reed handling the football and Rogers handling the business.

Krueger's experience as a coach doesn't seem to make him an obvious candidate to chair the board of a sports business but Katherina's advisers must know something about him that most fans don't, because he does have to provide leadership to the Board and must be capable of gaining the respect of the other directors including Les Reed. The decision to give the interview that he did was the right move, although it became necessary because of the long silence that followed the end of the season when the media were intent on picking Saints apart. Maybe it was Ralph himself who recognised after that interview, that he didn't have the right experience or attributes to do the PR, or at least he agreed with whoever told him. He must have approved the prominent role that Les Reed has had during the manager selection, and that is, of course, in Les Reed's area of responsibility. Maybe Krueger would have led on Staplewood if it had been a news item about the completion of the project but because it was a visit by the new coaching team, that would seem to have left it in Les Reed's court. Maybe we will see Ralph again when Staplewood is officially opened.