Ralph Krueger Interview

Lallana's Left Peg

I am wondering how this bloke feels he can stay in this job when his credibility is utterly shot to pieces.

Within 24 hrs of his interview, where in some peoples eyes he made some catergorical statements, we are going back on them.

Hes as big a joke now as Agent Orange Doooleyooo.

Just to throw one out there, maybe the new manager is done and he has sanctioned this transfer as he goes about finalising his contract with us.

Nah, didn't think so either.

That would seem to be the only out for Krueger. Maybe the new boss will be appointed tomorrow.

I like to see the best in people but the only time in the top flight I've ever seen scavengers picking over a PL carcass like this was Pompey when Harry left. Been trying to stay positive but something has gone rotten inside the club. It's one thing for the overseas mercenary players to come and go but do feel betrayed by Rickie and Lallana. Yes, they've done a lot for Saints but the club has done even more for them including mugs like me driving up to Carlisle to watch them in League 1.

I am wondering how this bloke feels he can stay in this job when his credibility is utterly shot to pieces.

Within 24 hrs of his interview, where in some peoples eyes he made some catergorical statements, we are going back on them.

Hes as big a joke now as Agent Orange Doooleyooo.

I'm not saying that Lambert won't go but so far we've rejected their bid, just like Kruger said we would. I'm not sure what else you're expecting?

We can't control other clubs making bids or releasing info to the media.

Edited by shirleysfc

What exactly would you like him to do differently? He can't stop Liverpool making a bid for Lambert. Pochettino had decided to leave before Kreuger got the job.

What exactly would you like him to do differently? He can't stop Liverpool making a bid for Lambert. Pochettino had decided to leave before Kreuger got the job.

He could start by stopping talking such utter dross? ''No players will be sold without the new managers consent'' - lambert gone, without a manager. Good start.

He could start by stopping talking such utter dross? ''No players will be sold without the new managers consent'' - lambert gone, without a manager. Good start.

Maybe none of the candidates on the short list want to keep him......

Maybe none of the candidates on the short list want to keep him......
Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if they're getting this bit of bad news out the way now, Krueger takes and deflects all the flak, then a new guy is able to walk in with a cleaner slate. Bit optimistic, but would make sense in a way.

The first thing that should have been done when the manager MoPo left was to ensure that no players were sold until the new manager was in place. It should be routine that any top flight club does this. If a new manager has been appointed behind the scenes and has agreed to Lambert being sold without evening taking a single training session then I think the wrong manager has been appointed. You do not sell your only experienced and reliable forward without having any idea what you have in the squad. I am 90% certain that if Cortese had still been in charge MoPo would still be at the club and if he wasn't we would already have a bigger name manager at the club. Also there would be no question of him coming back for Lallana, JRod, Victor, or Morgan, all of whom have been linked with Tottenham since he left. Cortese would have had a clause inserted into any release from his contract with us stating that he does not touch any of our players for at least three years.

But he never said that. Show me the direct quote where he did?

Thank you - I heard all the interviews and never once heard this.

s Clarke - Over to you. All the interviews are out there. Please direct us in the right place

(voices in your head don't count)

Said they will involve new manager and that is why there have been no sales.

No he didn't say that. He said "We want the manager to make some decisions and be involved with who comes and goes" Far cry from "No players will be sold without the managers consent" as S-Clarke freely quotes and subtly different from your interpretation too

But he never said that. Show me the direct quote where he did?

Q: What can a new manager expect to find at the club with bids in for some of your star players and in terms of transfer funds?

A: First of all it’s very clear that we are in control. We are in control of all the player transfers. All the top players are under long term contracts.

Any transfers that take place will be under our terms. We will decide the terms to potential transfers in and out of the club.

We will involve the manager. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11242017._We_re_aiming_for_Europe____full_interview_with_Saints_chairman_Ralph_Krueger/

No he didn't say that. He said "We want the manager to make some decisions and be involved with who comes and goes" Far cry from "No players will be sold without the managers consent" as S-Clarke freely quotes and subtly different from your interpretation too

If we're going to do some close reading:

""We want the manager to make some decisions and be involved with who comes and goes" is not the same as "We want the manager to make some decisions [about] who comes and goes".

Just sayin'. ;)

Q: What can a new manager expect to find at the club with bids in for some of your star players and in terms of transfer funds?

A: First of all it’s very clear that we are in control. We are in control of all the player transfers. All the top players are under long term contracts.

Any transfers that take place will be under our terms. We will decide the terms to potential transfers in and out of the club.

We will involve the manager. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11242017._We_re_aiming_for_Europe____full_interview_with_Saints_chairman_Ralph_Krueger/

Unless he's been giving contradictory statements to different medias, this is very clear and any lambert deal would make Krueger look foolish.

I didn't quote what exactly was said, but more or less what was inferred - which was the case. Was mentioned in the full Solent interview, and as above on the echo. He would be made to look a clown if Rickie does go and we don't have a manager.

I can't see now how this deal won't go through, it seems all done and dusted. Which makes RK's statement yesterday all the more plausible. Surely to sanction a sale immediately after giving such an interview, would be a major PR disaster.

I wonder if he's on his way out also actually. He's making statement that are immediately being made to look silly, and it seems a little like he knew little enough about it to say that stuff. He may be the next departure?

28th May 2014. Southampton Chairman states that all player 'transactions' will only occur when a new Manager is appointed.

29th May 2014. Managerless Southampton on verge of selling talisman striker to Liverpool.

Les Reed just keeps on rolling, but it's ok lads, he's fully qualified for this DoF role at Southampton :mcinnes:

The board are a bunch of lying ****s. I know for a fact that they've agreed a fee with 2 British clubs for LS. To hear RK say that they've not received any offers for any of our players is nothing more than a blatant lie!

I kind of hoped that we'd seen the last of our fans fighting each other in the stadium, and fans calling for the Board to swing for the Itchen Bridge. But dismantling the entire first team (the best we've ever had) could well see a return to those dark days.

It's cool though guys, we've got some magnificent marketing people coming in behind the scenes! One of which used to work at Apple! BOOM!

The board are a bunch of lying ****s. I know for a fact that they've agreed a fee with

2 British clubs for LS. To hear RK say that they've not received any offers for any of our players is nothing more than a blatant lie!

Wish you were a paid up person so that you could send/receive P.M.s :)

I think we should hold our horses until we see what pans out. If Liverpool have made a bid and it has been rejected the board are doing what they said. Of course if he is sold before the new manager arrives then that's something different

Ralfie................... why is it that if we are so attractive and so in control does it feel like we are not?

I had this mental vision of when you were saying we had received contact from many top managers and coaches wanting to join us [or words like that] Les Reed was in a corner somewhere wondering what the f are you were talking about.

Sincerely hope I am wrong, I hope my sinking lack of confidence is based on reading too much into the back ground music of the press speculation about players leaving in mass but Ralfie, this action that you keep talking about, well lets just say if ever we needed to see it, just a hint pal, but now would be a good time. [please]

I hope we are not sleep walking to relegation.

I think we should hold our horses until we see what pans out. If Liverpool have made a bid and it has been rejected the board are doing what they said. Of course if he is sold before the new manager arrives then that's something different

This 100%. Jesus we have some juvenile idiots and jump to massive conclusions based on feck all......not one of of you are on the board and knows whats going on behind the scenes, but you are all to willing to believe every bit of twitter, tabloid garbage etc and why????.....because we dont have a ridiculous board that come out every 5 minutes and deny every stupid press story!