Ralph Krueger Interview

Lallana's Left Peg

Everyones definition of high profile is different that herein lies the problem

Beat me to it :lol:everyone has a higher football profile than our board even Les at Charlton. Hughton had a higher profile at Norwich, Mackay very high at Cardiff under Tan, Shteeev for his Dutch talk and Wally Brolly wouldn't want any of those.

Probably' date=' but he did state the phrase a few times. Maybe I am reading too much into it.[/quote']

Krueger himself is somewhat high profile in canada, but had we heard of him before his appointment?

Main thing for me is that he has set the expectation that a high profile candidate may be appointed.

Everyones definition of high profile is different that herein lies the problem

Probably' date=' but he did state the phrase a few times. Maybe I am reading too much into it.[/quote']

He didn't say "high profile manager" at all in that interview, he said "high quality managers" and he didn't keep repeating it as he said it once.

This is a very good job to have, as although we won't be spunking money like previously the manager is likely to get a decent budget, with what will be a good side (no Shaw and possibly no Lallana).

In addition to this, if they can attract a manager of De Boer or Koeman's calibre then it's likely that players will want to stay.

Time might tell that he is inadequate, but I would suggest that it is a very foolish thing to do to underestimate him. He may be on a very steep learning curve but he hasn't got to where he is for being an idiot.

That is true! but where is he exactly? undoubtedly a top ice hockey coach, but in terms of football? I agree he should be given a chance but you have to say in terms of interviews he is all waffle,

what do you think he will bring to the club?

This is a very good job to have, as although we won't be spunking money like previously the manager is likely to get a decent budget, with what will be a good side (no Shaw and possibly no Lallana).

In addition to this, if they can attract a manager of De Boer or Koeman's calibre then it's likely that players will want to stay.

Agreed. We would be a very good club to manage. Well placed in the premier league with a good squad and some more talented youngsters coming through. A great reputation as a go to club for any talented young player in a lower league or europe and without the intense pressure applied by the previous chairman of wanting champagne results on beer money. We now have a board with a more realistic aims, in many ways we are more attractive to a manager than ever before.

That is true! but where is he exactly? undoubtedly a top ice hockey coach, but in terms of football? I agree he should be given a chance but you have to say in terms of interviews he is all waffle,

what do you think he will bring to the club?

In terms of football, as you say, did you feel the same about Cortese? Or Lowe? How about Corbett?

Tried to retain MP

we all move forward, we have a strong staff

the business has different areas and different phases

under MP we had strong development

under a new manager we will continue to grow

Les Reed has been flooded with applications from across Europe

Recruitment and scouting goes on for not only players, but managers also for when the need arise

we have 20 scouts around the world who look out for players AND managers, it was them who found MP in the first place

fair enough Ralf. lets get another wigley LOL

Questions to ask :

Was Mopo offered a new contract ?

When did you start looking for a replacement manager ?

Do you have a short-list identified ?

Have you agreed to any approaches for any of our players ?

Why are the club failing to communicate with the players ?

Why has Jack Cork not been offered a new contract ?

What position are the club targeting in the league next season ?

When is our kit going to be revealed ?

Why was it deemed more important to cancel the contracts of Dodd and Williams, than to sort out the contract of MP?

Are there any clauses which prevent MP from poaching our players for X period of time?

So about 50M which is more than Pochettino got to spend in a season?

How is this our new sustainable model?

The point is without player sales they manager will get a decent budget, even if it's not as much as Pochettino got. With player sales they are likely to get more.

It's sustainable due to the new Sky deal. £20m to spend is a sustainable amount.

Why was it deemed more important to cancel the contracts of Dodd and Williams, than to sort out the contract of MP?

Are there any clauses which prevent MP from poaching our players for X period of time?

What makes you think it was more important?????? What an odd conclusion to come to.

I think the key with Dodd and Williams was why they were let go. Until we know that it's very hard to comment on it?

Tried to retain MP

we all move forward, we have a strong staff

the business has different areas and different phases

under MP we had strong development

under a new manager we will continue to grow

Les Reed has been flooded with applications from across Europe

Recruitment and scouting goes on for not only players, but managers also for when the need arise

we have 20 scouts around the world who look out for players AND managers, it was them who found MP in the first place

fair enough Ralf. lets get another wigley LOL

Also don't forget to mention that he said we are inundated with agents trying to get their players here and that it sounds like there is a contingency plan in place for if the Manager was to leave, so I would take from this that we have a number of managers that we have identified that could do the job. It will now be a case of taking these, looking at who else is applying, and creating a shortlist from this.

The point is without player sales they manager will get a decent budget, even if it's not as much as Pochettino got. With player sales they are likely to get more.

It's sustainable due to the new Sky deal. £20m to spend is a sustainable amount.

But not much lower than what we were spending in the last two seasons really. If you're not prepared to spend 20-30M per season at this level, you're in for a tough time.

But not much lower than what we were spending in the last two seasons really. If you're not prepared to spend 20-30M per season at this level, you're in for a tough time.

How much did we spend last Summer? £38m? About half based on that. But also take into account there was less moneyfor the Sky deal last Summer so that amount was a much higher percentage of the companies turnover.

What makes me laugh is that he clearly stated "ALL teams are tracking managers in case of this kind of situation" and they've obviously got plenty of options AS WELL as the high quality managers and players' agents he also noted had been in touch.

Somehow though, that doesn't even merit a comment, in amongst all the screaming about how there's no plan and we've not got a clue about who will be next manager, etc.

One thing to notice about Ralph is that he does no dwell on the negative and does not allow his words to denegrate the club or make it look weak. The fact that he wouldn't use the word 'disappointing' even though it categorically is. Fair play, was quite impressed with that snippet above.

Personally thought that the SSN clip was absolutely fine. It covered the point that I was wondering about - who brought MP here - and he said the same 20 who found him (and he was right in thinking that we were saying "Who?") are still in place.

One thing to notice about Ralph is that he does no dwell on the negative and does not allow his words to denegrate the club or make it look weak. The fact that he wouldn't use the word 'disappointing' even though it categorically is. Fair play, was quite impressed with that snippet above.

Really? Just sounded like a load of management speak and waffle to me. Refusing to call it disappointing when everyone knows it is just makes it sound like he is in denial.

I think that's good. Look for opportunity in adversity. The other think he hasn't done, is thank MP and his staff.

This really, and spending at that level whilst doing everything to keep your best players is ultimately what moves you forward, as VFTT said, spending it well is the issue and realistically most clubs have around a 50% transfer success rate.

Im glad they've come out and said something, I was moaning they hadnt yesterday, hopefully its given them the kick up the arse they need, Im not going to stop being fearfull but in truth Im happy to see what happens over the summer

Personally thought that the SSN clip was absolutely fine. It covered the point that I was wondering about - who brought MP here - and he said the same 20 who found him (and he was right in thinking that we were saying "Who?") are still in place.

Yep, that makes me more positive we won't be going for Mackay/Hughton type manager, but one that has been researched for his ability to play attractive, attacking footbal and to integrate young players into the first team.

In the other interview I saw, RK basically said he got the impression from MP very early on that he was going to leave. You hope that there would have been more succession planning.

I get your point about remaining positive to project a stronger image of the club. To say he is 'disappointed' would have looked a bit lame, but arguably, the damage has already been done given his previous 'confidence' in getting the deal done. I really hopes he justifies his enthusiasm over the coming weeks, but I still find it frustrating how opaque he is about things. When asked about whether we have actually spoken to anyone, he could have quite easily said 'no' or 'not yet' but he went around the houses explaining the scouting structure before revealing that the long-list is yet to be narrowed down to a short-list. Basically a 'no' but with a bit of bluster thrown in about how many scouts we have on the job - what all 20 are out looking at potential new managers?

Edited by Toon Saint

In the other interview I saw, RK basically said he got the impression from MP very early on that he was going to leave. You hope that there would have been more succession planning.

But that's what he was saying, there is already a scouting network looking at Managers for this sort of situation. Don't forget that until the manager leaves you aren't going to start sounding out the club you are getting the new coach from, and then after he leaves you are likely to get applications. For instance what happens if they quickly appoint a manager as soon as Pochettino leaves and then 24 hours later someone better or more suited applies for the job?