Ralph Krueger Interview

Lallana's Left Peg

Why does ralph krueger look like hes gonna break out into a laugh whenever he answers a question, its as if hes thinking "they might actually be buying this you know! god im good"

It's not that he is not communicating it's that he never answers the questions he is asked. I would rather he said nothing and let actions speak louder than words. There clearly are issues around the way that the club is going to be run that we are not going to like and so he is giving very general answers. You just don't say we are in control and then not predict the outcomes.

I want to believe the best, but as I say actions speak louder than words and what I have seen is...Poch has gone srl gone all Lallana and shaw going and more strong rumours about Loren, Fonte etc...just doesn't feel right to me

I though he come across as a rather gentle weak man . He might have to man up a bit

Well it will be Les Reed who will get barbecued if it all goes wrong

What exactly has he ever done?

Why does ralph krueger look like hes gonna break out into a laugh whenever he answers a question, its as if hes thinking "they might actually be buying this you know! god im good"

His voice and the faraway look in his eyes reminds me of the comedian Emo Phillips, a kind of Stepford executive and upgrade Ken Dulieu. I've heard he's made a career out of motivational speaking, but I fear it may have been bereavement counselling. As for our new marketing guru (woohoo) I hope that she had some experience in crisis management pre-Apple - she, along with all of the clowns on the board should be in today and tomorrow ready for good news Monday...

His voice and the faraway look in his eyes reminds me of the comedian Emo Phillips, a kind of Stepford executive and upgrade Ken Dulieu. I've heard he's made a career out of motivational speaking, but I fear it may have been bereavement counselling. As for our new marketing guru (woohoo) I hope that she had some experience in crisis management pre-Apple - she, along with all of the clowns on the board should be in today and tomorrow ready for good news Monday...

Whats the good news monday? haha we sure need some!

Is it not a possibility that the club are busy focussing on get our new manner . Or would you want them to keeping taking adjournments so they can respond to every single rumour every single minute of the day ?

I do. Believe LR is problematic . And tends to procrastinate on making decisions tho

Is it not a possibility that the club are busy focussing on get our new manager . Or would you want them to keeping taking adjournments so they can respond to every single rumour every single minute of the day ?

What should we expect from a well run Company that hears 4+ months earlier strong rumours that a key employee (MP) maybe poached.

1. They decide if we want them (if yes better terms)

2. They draw up a short list of exactly who to start negotiations with if the employee starts to leave.

It is now 2 weeks after MP/Spuds will have notified the Club formally of their interest. They probably knew that MP was off when they had the discussion with him some weeks earlier about likely player sales and purchases. Yet the replacement appointment has not been made. Where was the February short list Les Reed? We should expect that this has been rumbling since the start of May, 4 weeks ago.

The failure to appoint by now is therefore a strong indication of a badly run organisation. Reed maybe the cause, but Kreuger has an international reputation at risk. He is falling far far short of his "CV". At some point the UK papers are going to dump on Kreuger and Reed big time. They are running out of time to salvage their reputations. Reed should know that, Kreuger is about to find out.

What should we expect from a well run Company that hears 4+ months earlier strong rumours that a key employee (MP) maybe poached.

2. They draw up a short list of exactly who to start negotiations with if the employee starts to leave.

It is now 2 weeks after MP/Spuds will have notified the Club formally of their interest. They probably knew that MP was off when they had the discussion with him some weeks earlier about likely player sales and purchases. Yet the replacement appointment has not been made. Where was the February short list Les Reed? We should expect that this has been rumbling since the start of May, 4 weeks ago.

The failure to appoint by now is therefore a strong indication of a badly run organisation. Reed maybe the cause, but Kreuger has an international reputation at risk. He is falling far far short of his "CV". At some point the UK papers are going to dump on Kreuger and Reed big time. They are running out of time to salvage their reputations. Reed should know that, Kreuger is about to find out.

What international reputation would that be then, he's a bloody ice hockey coach and motivational speaker, this is football and he's no reputation as a top executive as far as I'm aware. If anyone wants to track down and put up his CV that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Has he managed a blue chip company, a multimillion £ (or dollar) company as anything other than head coach ? doubt it.

What international reputation would that be then, he's a bloody ice hockey coach and motivational speaker, this is football and he's no reputation as a top executive as far as I'm aware. If anyone wants to track down and put up his CV that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Has he managed a blue chip company, a multimillion £ (or dollar) company as anything other than head coach ? doubt it.

One big example is Davos. "He is also known for his involvement in the World Economic Forum, where since 2011 he has been a Member, Global Agenda Council on New Models of Leadership.[7]"

This is where most Heads of State and Heads of the largest global companies meet up. Ralph is rated worthy enough to attend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

You are kidding aren't you? There is plenty of scope to be critical of the board if you so choose, but not appointing a manager after the last one left only a couple of days ago is going a bit far.

You are kidding aren't you? There is plenty of scope to be critical of the board if you so choose, but not appointing a manager after the last one left only a couple of days ago is going a bit far.

The formal approach was in or around 17th May. Two weeks ago - see the media reports.

Kreuger said in an interview that they knew about Spurs interest in MP in january.

The discussions on likely player sales/purchases would have happened about 4 weeks ago. At that point MP seems to have told them about his unhappiness with their plans.

One big example is Davos. "He is also known for his involvement in the World Economic Forum, where since 2011 he has been a Member, Global Agenda Council on New Models of Leadership.[7]"

This is where most Heads of State and Heads of the largest global companies meet up. Ralph is rated worthy enough to attend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

Just a motivational speaker on a fairly small committee, has his book been published in English ?, surely if not we're being deprived of the chance to bung him 250 dollars in the same way as francophones and germanophones.

Just a motivational speaker on a fairly small committee, has his book been published in English ?, surely if not we're being deprived of the chance to bung him 250 dollars in the same way as francophones and germanophones.

Window cleaner, if Saints goes t**s up under Kreuger he will no find much demand at the top end of speaking. More Ratner than Gates.

I seem to recollect Cortese appointing the last manager before the incumbent even had any thoughts of leaving! surely they knew he would leave when he didn't buy into the boards vision

I seem to recollect Cortese appointing the last manager before the incumbent even had any thoughts of leaving! surely they knew he would leave when he didn't buy into the boards vision
Well that's quite a different scenario, so not really comparable is it. Exactly how far down the line can you go with recruiting a new manager a) Before the old one has left and b) While you're still trying to do your best to get the current one to stay.

The formal approach was in or around 17th May. Two weeks ago - see the media reports.

Kreuger said in an interview that they knew about Spurs interest in MP in january.

The discussions on likely player sales/purchases would have happened about 4 weeks ago. At that point MP seems to have told them about his unhappiness with their plans.

Right, but the club were still trying to get MP to stay, there is only so far down the line they can go with recruiting a new manager. If in a few weeks time they haven't recruited anyone, by all means complain away, just a bit pointless after a couple of days.

Kruger knew poch wanted out in January Rickie has been talking to Gerrard for months , tell me Adam and Luke haven't been doing likewise !? Man up Freddie and walk the walk that you talk !

I'd say people need to separate Ralph from the football matters. If his role is to raise the commercial side (which is critical to any future success) then he is the right type of person. He'll encourage people, open doors, and do the leadership thing needed for development of revenue because of his genial nature. Hopefully, there is someone advising that commercial success will not come unless there is success on the pitch. Rich businesses who sponsor, purchase hospitality etc. are attracted to success and ambition, only locals will do it through loyalty to the 'badge'.

The football side is clearly the realm of Reed and this appears to be where we miss Cortese, who was very keen on making sure the football side was protected and top-notch, which ultimately means making sure the players are very very happy. Cortese's big problem appears to be that his abrasive style did not go down well with other business-types. Cortese clearly had the football side down, and also would have been a check on Reed, who now, is the king of all the football activity. It sounds like senior players aren't convinced by Reed and in the past, never had to worry because Cortese was the man making sure their needs were taken care of so that results could be delivered on the pitch. In terms of a power play behind the scenes by Reed, I've read that Dodd and Williams were sacked on very tenuous grounds and player shock at their removal given how much they said they helped them hints that maybe popular staff were fired so Reed could gain more power appointing his own people. Weaker leaders often do this as they don't like others being popular as they fear their power could be undermined. Cortese would most likely have asked the players their view as the players were his big thing and if the players were happy, then good and influential characters like Dodd and Williams would most likely have stayed.

At the moment, I think jumping on Ralph Krueger is not necessarily the right call when it comes to football matters as before the end of the season, Reed's profile was raised and he is the man with full football responsibilities. I'm intrigued at whether he can deliver. I 100% do not believe that players should just be loyal because they have a contract as being a football player is not the same as working on a shop floor, a warehouse, a desk when you don't really genuinely have a choice of where to go for work, and there aren't choices. If there were, staff loyalty would be far more difficult, and businesses would be making sure staff were happy. Players are valuable and should be treated as such and that means looking after them and their interests. The moment that stops is the moment they will become unsettled. The players probably knew that when Cortese left, the ambition was going to change but the unsettled element is a failing, and worrying because two of the key players for the ethics of what has made us in the last few years want to leave. Both Rickie and Adam have understandable football or personal reasons to go but losing people like Dodd especially is not a good sign that things are right behind the scenes on the football side - the transition from the near past to a new future needs to be managed properly so we don't lose the team spirit that was so very obvious to all. Let's hope that this isn't going to really go all horribly wrong and a great situation turns awful very quickly. If it does, it is Reed, not Krueger that will have the questions to answer.

The new manager appointment will tell us a lot about the power distribution in the club. If we get a high profile manager like Koeman, I would imagine that Reed would have to be "team player" rather than boss of all footballing matters.

It's early days yet, but Kruger may still end up with many of us feeling he has done a good job come September.

The new manager appointment will tell us a lot about the power distribution in the club. If we get a high profile manager like Koeman, I would imagine that Reed would have to be "team player" rather than boss of all footballing matters.

It's early days yet, but Kruger may still end up with many of us feeling he has done a good job come September.

No - Koeman will be Reeds appointment. Sorry but Krueger for me has exposed his niaivity throughout. Blokes a joke. He needs to be sacked.

SaintRobbie

I assume you are an employee of Southampton SFC to allow you to make an informed decision about sacking RK ?

Or are you basing your facts on just hearsay by comments made on here and in the gutter press . . It's a very impressive and bold statement to make when you don't have one bit of genuine or corroborated evidence to support your statement .

If you have then share it on here

Yep could do yet, but he has already been made to look a bit foolish in his statement about no player sold until manager is in place, let alone the ice hockey manager does more as he has to make subs all the time

SaintRobbie

I assume you are an employee of Southampton SFC to allow you to make an informed decision about sacking RK ?

Or are you basing your facts on just hearsay by comments made on here and in the gutter press . . It's a very impressive and bold statement to make when you don't have one bit of genuine or corroborated evidence to support your statement .

If you have then share it on here

Viking - sorry I owe you a reply.

No I don't work for Southampton - except by giving them largely useless advice without knowing the bigger picture (as every one of us on this message board does).

However, I have sacked people for a lack of integrity and for losing the trust of those who matter. And I have never regretted it. I don't know the full facts and to be fair to Krueger he could have been fed a load of rubbish before his interview.

But, he delivered it badly, was exposed to the fan base as being wrong, now has lost credibility and frankly is far from a motivational speaker or footballing expert. Whats more his commercial expertise is non-existent, the mans an ice-hockey coach. He's a Sir Clive Woodward - really good at what he does. He's a a Simon Clifford. Out of place.

So - if I was his boss I'd sack him. Had a chance - and screwed up at the first opportunity.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/nov/16/newsstory.sport11

It's weird hearing so many comments about Krueger being a motivational speaker, given the other comments about players being fed up with a lack of communication, questions not being answered and no direction being provided.

Why in earth wasn't this man appointed? Grew up a Saints fan. Vastly experienced in football. Widely respected. Perhaps, then, some of the communications problems would have been avoided.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10951493.Former_Blackburn_Rovers_chairman_John_Williams_set_for_Saints/

An error of judgement, clearly. The appointment of RK was not a good start for KL, all being told.

It seems pretty clear that the players are in the dark concerning the boards intentions for the club's future. So what the hell have this new board been doing since they took over? They have had months to get to know the players and sort out contracts. Just what they the hell are they playing at? Its all very well appointing a manager and hope they will sell the players a dream but if they, the board, don't take responsibility with the players and Sell them a vision what difference will any manager make? If the incoming manager gets the same silent treatment this could end up being a even worse mess.

Even if this is asset striping as other have suggested surely it would make more sense to sell the club while its a premier league team and get maximum return for Marcus's investment. The way things are going next season we will be a championship club and soon after, League One again.

I don't understand why they haven't even bothered to let the players know anything in all the time they have been here. Surely they now must be aware of all the players reporting they are unhappy to the press? Adam Blackmore's tweets seem to suggest the players are constantly making comments to him about how very unhappy they now are. Even if they do have nefarious intentions, Shouldn't the board have enough about them to control the players and stop them blabbing about their lack of direction for the club? Even if it was just to cover up their short comings and save their own face. But they don't even seem to be able to even do that! Just goes to show how out if their depth they really are.

I would not have believed all the good work thats been done in the last 5 years could potentially be destroyed so quickly, but it looks a real possibility that its just about to be wiped out by a summers work from our current board.

Edited by Saint J 77

Where exactly is our OWNER in all this ??, that Katharina woman ???

Has she gone back to Switzerland to wind the Clocks ?? ( or Watches )

Her silence is deafening

It seems pretty clear that the players are in the dark concerning the boards intentions for the club's future. So what the hell have this new board been doing since they took over? They have had months to get to know the players and sort out contracts. Just what they the hell are they playing at? Its all very well appointing a manager and hope they will sell the players a dream but if they, the board, don't take responsibility with the players and Sell them a vision what difference will any manager make? If the incoming manager gets the same silent treatment this could end up being a even worse mess.

Even if this is asset striping as other have suggested surely it would make more sense to sell the club while its a premier league team and get maximum return for Marcus's investment. The way things are going next season we will be a championship club and soon after, League One again.

I don't understand why they haven't even bothered to let the players know anything in all the time they have been here. Surely they now must be aware of all the players reporting they are unhappy to the press? Adam Blackmore's tweets seem to suggest the players are constantly making comments to him about how very unhappy they now are. Even if they do have nefarious intentions, Shouldn't the board have enough about them to control the players and stop them blabbing about their lack of direction for the club? Even if it was just to cover up their short comings and save their own face. But they don't even seem to be able to even do that! Just goes to show how out if their depth they really are.

I would not have believed all the good work thats been done in the last 5 years could potentially be destroyed so quickly, but it looks a real possibility that its just about to be wiped out by a summers work from our current board.

Don't forget, the Board are only working to the instructions of the Owner, ie Katharina Leibherr

It is She who is destroying what her Father's wishes put in place over the last 5 years

I wonder how her conscience can live with that ??

Saint J 77: Maybe the players are in the dark because the board don't know who they will sell before they appoint the new manager? Why do they players have to know exactly what's going to happen right now this instant or they will pop? It's the start of the summer and until we know who is going to be in charge next season, maybe they could all just have a bit of patience and go on holiday / to the world cup? I personally want the board to hang onto all the players that the next manager / coach might want to keep.

I don't believe it is asset stripping or Lallana would be a Liverpool player now.

Edited by richard
typo

Where exactly is our OWNER in all this ??, that Katharina woman ???

Has she gone back to Switzerland to wind the Clocks ?? ( or Watches )

Her silence is deafening

She hired Kreuger to be the Chairman. It is his job to ensure there is stabity going forward. All Katharina should do is judge if Kreuger is doing the job well. So far his performance is highly questionable.

When a line manager leaves, it is the job of the next above in that chain to work hard on reasssuring their next reports (players) what is going on. Reed quite clearly is failing in that job. Kreuger talks to the great and the good about Leadership. The irony is that we have at Saints a classic study in how Leadership should not act in a crisis. Maybe Kreuger should re-read some of his speeches and start to walk the talk?

When a line manager leaves, it is the job of the next above in that chain to work hard on reasssuring their next reports (players) what is going on. Reed quite clearly is failing in that job. Kreuger talks to the great and the good about Leadership. The irony is that we have at Saints a classic study in how Leadership should not act in a crisis. Maybe Kreuger should re-read some of his speeches and start to walk the talk?

Yep. All his waffle about being an expert in developing 'leadership models' exposed to be rather hollow guff from a supposed motivational-guru. If the 'leadership model' he is implementing was a football formation, he'd be playing the false bloody nine - aspiring to lead from the front but in reality not really sure where his best position lies, lacking in quality service, and projecting an image of toothless incompetence.

I maybe in a minority and I may well be wrong but i have a gut feeling we will be okay once we have a new manager and everything starts to settle down.

Its nothing about being a happy clapper as Im not , Im just dont do ultra negativity like some on here

The club are standing firm in their decision re players, I admire them for that,

Its too easy to blame the board when you are not in reciept of all the facts

Good luck Rickie as far as I am concerned you are a Saints Legend and can remain in the banner above

Can only be enhanced by the sale of lambert to Liverpool. He said that no one would be sold until we had a new manager was in place yet lambert was sold 48 hours later. This says to me that after making that statement and then being given a big decision to make he was faced with two choices. He had the choice to turn down the bid, which was good business for the club, at the same time denying a well thought of player the opportunity to fulfil a final dream late in his career and risk being left with a

Disgruntled player and to protect his reputation amongst saints fan. Or accept the bid and risk the sneering that would follow, perhaps aware they every pendant on a mongboard would

Use it as a stick to beat him with

He chose the first option, to act in the best interests of SFC and give the player the move he craved. He chose the club over his own status. This shows the strong leadership we were promised and the ability to make tough and unpopular decisions which might lead to fans using it against him.

Well done Ralph. A strong leader more Interested in the good of the club than feathering his own nest. It's long time since we've had such a man at the helm.

#inralphwetrust

Edited by Turkish