Ralph Krueger Interview

Lallana's Left Peg

The 32-year-old was the subject of a bid of £4m plus add-ons on Thursday by Liverpool, who became aware of the Kirkby-born player’s availability during their inquiries for Lallana and the Croatian central defender Lovren.

So Liverpool come knocking for Lallana and Lovren and we say yeah no problem, and hey take Lambert as well......Anyone else you want while you're here?.....Knock down sale prices too....everything must go!

Ralph Krueger....There to do Kat's dirty work...Something Cortese refused to do

Harry Reed - £3m to Liverpool. watch this space.

It would fly completely in the face of our strategy of bringing through our own youngsters and hardly see reed getting any football there which would completely set his development back.

I think any strategy we had has been long thrown out the window. They see $$$$$ and want $$$$.

Les Reed last month - genuine WTF moment. How many people will lie to us this summer exactly?

"Any enquiries we get will be met with a 'no, not for sale'. Our intention is to keep this very good team together and build on it by bringing in players to improve on that. We have our targets and these are things we talk about on a daily basis."

"There is not going to be a fire-sale, we want to keep all of our best players at the club and build for the future."

However, Reed says both manager and club are "comfortable with the situation".

He added: "We would like to focus on the remaining fixtures of the season. We will pick up the contract talks over the summer. We are both happy with that.

"We talk about the future every day. We're both comfortable with the situation. We are planning for the future and the long-term future."

RK Last month:

"We are definitely not factoring in a big player sale."

He added: "What we have here is very good and we are doing everything in our power to keep this group together."

Edited by S-Clarke

Les Reed last month - genuine WTF moment. How many people will lie to us this summer exactly?

"Any enquiries we get will be met with a 'no, not for sale'. Our intention is to keep this very good team together and build on it by bringing in players to improve on that. We have our targets and these are things we talk about on a daily basis."

"There is not going to be a fire-sale, we want to keep all of our best players at the club and build for the future."

He added: "We would like to focus on the remaining fixtures of the season. We will pick up the contract talks over the summer. We are both happy with that.

"We talk about the future every day. We're both comfortable with the situation. We are planning for the future and the long-term future."

RK Last month:

He added: "What we have here is very good and we are doing everything in our power to keep this group together."

Oh dear, hadn't realised he said this.

Is anyone else just bored with the whole thing more than anything else? I wish I could just hibernate till the transfer window shuts and catch up then.

That might be the best idea yet - and we might all be pleasantly surprised.

RK Last month:

Sorry but how many players have actually left?

The REALITY right now is that technically we have sold NO-ONE, so true to their word. Ok, it seems all but done with Rickie. It's sad but actually not that bad, he is most definitely at the end of his career and would really only have one or two good ones left - in all probability.

The more I think about it the more I believe the board are strong. If they were in it for money right here and now wouldn't they have sold AL, LS et al. ASAP????

The media live on rumour, it's what's sells....we can only judge them accurately at the end of the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lambert, Shaw and Lallana all virtually gone aside from some admin.

No actually none of these have been sold yet so why not wait and see what materialises. There is no evidence to support a fire sale of players or the Liebjerrs selling up just big clubs interested in signing our best players which is what you would expect after last season.

No actually none of these have been sold yet so why not wait and see what materialises. There is no evidence to support a fire sale of players or the Liebjerrs selling up just big clubs interested in signing our best players which is what you would expect after last season.

Like we should wait to see what happens with Poch? Why wait when it is obvious?

99.9% - Shaw, Lallana and Lambert won't play for Saints again.

Like we should wait to see what happens with Poch? Why wait when it is obvious?

99.9% - Shaw, Lallana and Lambert won't play for Saints again.

It's like sitting in your house while its on fire , but it's ok I'm sure the fire brigade will be here to rescue us soon! " Newsflash" Get out now you idiots or you'll die! Blind faith gets you no where !

The REALITY right now is that technically we have sold NO-ONE, so true to their word. Ok, it seems all but done with Rickie. It's sad but actually not that bad, he is most definitely at the end of his career and would really only have one or two good ones left - in all probability.

The more I think about it the more I believe the board are strong. If they were in it for money right here and now wouldn't they have sold AL, LS et al. ASAP????

The media live on rumour, it's what's sells....we can only judge them accurately at the end of the window.

they fell at the. First fence of the Grand National, 'no player will be sold until a new manager is in place'

No point in waiting for the new manager on this one. He would not want players sticking around who are clearly unhappy.
RL would get over it, he is a professional. If the right man came in he would still try. I understand why he is going, it is the fact the club have stated no player is going, it will be on our terms etc etc and the first time we cave in

they fell at the. First fence of the Grand National, 'no player will be sold until a new manager is in place'

I thought it was that no one would be sold without the new manager's approval? If so, perhaps they've already decided and he's been consulted but can't be unveiled as his release from current employment hasn't been finalised.

The point is none of us know.

Lambert, Shaw and Lallana all virtually gone aside from some admin.

So a player we were happy to sell and have been looking to replace for a while now and 2 that have out grown the club and fancy a shot at the big time who we have got a lot of money for? We didn't want to sell but the players who want to go we've got good deals for.

That's fine then. Invest, replace and move on.

Hysterical over reaction on this board once again.

I thought it was that no one would be sold without the new manager's approval? If so, perhaps they've already decided and he's been consulted but can't be unveiled as his release from current employment hasn't been finalised.

The point is none of us know.

Hi Foxy, did I miss the list of managers that were going to be released to the fans? not that i want that

So a player we were happy to sell and have been looking to replace for a while now and 2 that have out grown the club and fancy a shot at the big time who we have got a lot of money for? We didn't want to sell but the players who want to go we've got good deals for.

That's fine then. Invest, replace and move on.

Hysterical over reaction on this board once again.

and if the Lovren rumour means him going as well? I understand why we are selling 2 or 3 but making statements like nobody will sold until manager is in place etc makes you lose faith in anything they say

That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints

It would appear the guy who gave the interview disagrees

"Although chairman Ralph Krueger had said before Liverpool's bid arrived that all transfer dealings were on hold until a replacement for Mauricio Pochettino was appointed"

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11246786.Lambert_sale_a_reluctant_one_for_Saints/?ref=mr

Guess it does go to show how words can be taken to mean many things these days. Maybe that is why the old regime never said much!

Hi Foxy, did I miss the list of managers that were going to be released to the fans? not that i want that

I really would be staggered if they'd done that. It'd me a they couldn't have anyone on the list who was currently contracted. Possibly a misquote or translation from the original Swiss/Canadian text.

Maybe that is why the old regime never said much!

Yes it's called professionalism. To be fair a CEO is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't.

Bottom line here though is the lack of integrity shown by the club and apparent exposure over Lamberts sale of being made to look like fools and held to ransom by better negotiators from Liverpool. That makes our team look amateurish. And frankly Kruegers interview was pretty weak.

Krueger will not survive long as CEO. He's lost the fan base. No one will believe anything he says, or at best what he does will be dissected and cause division.

I've said it before elsewhere but a successful club revolves around 3 factors that must remain in balance.

1. Strong governance - we have a weak CEO and jury's out on Les Reed and Kat L as owner as no one understands her ambition.

We have no manager.

2. Genius of our players. We have an outstanding team that with a little investment will hit Europe provided the governance/manager is right.

3. A passionate and ambitious fan base. No change but at risk of coming alive and demonstrating and further putting the club out of balance. As soon as the fan base turn (& I can see it is starting to having watched the same things happen during the Lowe years) then it's almost impossible for the Governance to survive and more genius leaves.

Almost every post on the message boards by the fans demonstrates a fear that in some way one or more of these elements is out of balance.

For me - the major failing is clearly with strong governance. It's threatening to rip out our genius and provoke the fan base.

It needs to stop now. We need leadership. That appears to rest with Les Reed as Kat L will say nothing and Krueger is already discredited.

GO ON LES - SEIZE THE MOMENT. PUT US BACK INTO BALANCE OR BECOME THE NEXT RUPERT LOWE. HERO OR ZERO?

Edited by SaintRobbie
Typo

Ralph isn't CEO. Gareth Rogers is.

And surely he should be taking more flak.

Ultimately Ralph isnt going to be the ones who either accepts or declines offers nor who decides what type of offers we would have to listen to.

He is a mouthpiece and commercial guy, not a key man in the football operation.

And surely he should be taking more flak.

Ultimately Ralph isnt going to be the ones who either accepts or declines offers nor who decides what type of offers we would have to listen to.

He is a mouthpiece and commercial guy, not a key man in the football operation.

I thought you wanted more Reed, less Krueger -yet in everyone's eyes, he's the one who is selling prime real estate for beads and trinkets.

I thought you wanted more Reed, less Krueger -yet in everyone's eyes, he's the one who is selling prime real estate for beads and trinkets.

I want Reed talking about the football matters he is responsible for, rather than Krueger bumbling through all the interviews.

But ultimately Rogers is top dog, what does he actually do? If its not selecting Managers, or negotiating?

Edited by Saint Charlie

If Ralph is purely a commercial guy, then he should think about the potential medium- to long-term benefits of having Saints players in the England squad at the World Cup and keeping them for as long as possible. If my kids and their primary school friends are anything to go by then we have a unique opportunity to grow the Saints fanbase across the region. Two or three years ago there were few Saints kits on show when they played football at school and for local teams in the New Forest, but now 80% have the kit and their heroes are Saints players. Few go to matches at the moment, so admittedly they don't generate much income (beyond overpriced kits), but there's a generation of potential fans who will either be Saints for life ... or switch their allegiance to Liverpool and Man U as their favourite players depart. Most of us are old enough to think rationally about what's going on (even if we wonder what the point of following the club is) but the kids aren't, and if they've been looking forward to seeing Saints players in Brazil and then find they've gone to other clubs it will affect the club for years to come.

Wouldnt surprise me if the new regime think that staying in the PL is a lot easier than it actually is.

Somebody send them the dvds from seasons 2003/4 and 2004/2005 please.

You would surely have to know precisely zero about business to jeopardise PL status?

Yes it's called professionalism. To be fair a CEO is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't.

Bottom line here though is the lack of integrity shown by the club and apparent exposure over Lamberts sale of being made to look like fools and held to ransom by better negotiators from Liverpool. That makes our team look amateurish. And frankly Kruegers interview was pretty weak.

Krueger will not survive long as CEO. He's lost the fan base. No one will believe anything he says, or at best what he does will be dissected and cause division.

I've said it before elsewhere but a successful club revolves around 3 factors that must remain in balance.

1. Strong governance - we have a weak CEO and jury's out on Les Reed and Kat L as owner as no one understands her ambition.

We have no manager.

2. Genius of our players. We have an outstanding team that with a little investment will hit Europe provided the governance/manager is right.

3. A passionate and ambitious fan base. No change but at risk of coming alive and demonstrating and further putting the club out of balance. As soon as the fan base turn (& I can see it is starting to having watched the same things happen during the Lowe years) then it's almost impossible for the Governance to survive and more genius leaves.

Almost every post on the message boards by the fans demonstrates a fear that in some way one or more of these elements is out of balance.

For me - the major failing is clearly with strong governance. It's threatening to rip out our genius and provoke the fan base.

It needs to stop now. We need leadership. That appears to rest with Les Reed as Kat L will say nothing and Krueger is already discredited.

GO ON LES - SEIZE THE MOMENT. PUT US BACK INTO BALANCE OR BECOME THE NEXT RUPERT LOWE. HERO OR ZERO?

Agree with most of this. It's clear that the board lacks clear and strong leadership. With NC, everyone new who was running the show. With the new lot it's not clear who's in charge, and therefore, the board is clearly lacking direction, strong leadership and this is putting the business at risk.

A strong and powerful CEO should be running the show, not the chairman or the director of football. Because we lack this the board is very reactive to the here and now.

It's not that he is not communicating it's that he never answers the questions he is asked. I would rather he said nothing and let actions speak louder than words. There clearly are issues around the way that the club is going to be run that we are not going to like and so he is giving very general answers. You just don't say we are in control and then not predict the outcomes.

I want to believe the best, but as I say actions speak louder than words and what I have seen is...Poch has gone srl gone all Lallana and shaw going and more strong rumours about Loren, Fonte etc...just doesn't feel right to me

I want Rees talking about the football matters he is responsible for, rather than Krueger bumbling through all the interviews.

But ultimately Rogers is top dog, what does he actually do? If its not selecting Managers, or negotiating?

Christ knows - is probably Krueger's operations man, charged with the details of implementation.

Am sure his degree in accounting is being stretched to the limits figuring out how to enhance the 'consumer experience' now that they've discontinued the Benny Hill HT relay race.

To be fair we have to assume they are all talking and making decisions together on this. Point is Kruegers cred is shot and he will need to go. The rest have a chance to redeem themselves by being strong. It's all very well saying we are not selling and waiting for managers input then watching Liverpool make fools of us by calling the bluff, but they haven't let the top players go ....... just a legend!

Agree with most of this. It's clear that the board lacks clear and strong leadership. With NC, everyone new who was running the show. With the new lot it's not clear who's in charge, and therefore, the board is clearly lacking direction, strong leadership and this is putting the business at risk.

A strong and powerful CEO should be running the show, not the chairman or the director of football. Because we lack this the board is very reactive to the here and now.

Let's just hope they react to the fan backlash from the message boards!

RK interview in Echo includes a bit about using youth to be competitive.

"We are going to have to compete our way. We are going to have to do it through youth, through our own player development"

I am very skeptical of this. I interpret that as there will be minimum funds available to buy players.

RK interview in Echo includes a bit about using youth to be competitive.

"We are going to have to compete our way. We are going to have to do it through youth, through our own player development"

I am very skeptical of this. I interpret that as there will be minimum funds available to buy players.

Exactly what Rupert Lowe said at one time.