Ralph Krueger Interview

Lallana's Left Peg

He can **** off, hope he resigns

Full of ****. It may be true that they couldn't stand in his way but he would've been far better off saying nothing. Please go away Ralph, you have zero credibility left

Why on earth should he resign?

Why on earth should he resign?

Being economical with the truth..nope, that's Ok, getting caught 24 hours after a major interview being economical with the truth,now we're getting closer. If one more player is announced as leaving before we appoint the new manager then Krueger just has to go, he's set out his stall last Wednesday, if it's made out of bullsh*t then his position will be untenable, he must know that.

No.

How do you interpret the following passage?

Any transfers that take place will be under our terms. We will decide the terms to potential transfers in and out of the club. We will involve the manager. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints

Involving the manager?

How do you interpret the following passage?

Involving the manager?

The question was

"did he actually say that no-one would leave before the new manager is appointed?"

And the answer is no, he didn't.

"We will involve the manager. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date,"

What about that one?

Sounds like he is saying they will involve the manager and won't flog anyone until he/she comes in to me?

"We will involve the manager. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date,"

What about that one?

Sounds like he is saying they will involve the manager and won't flog anyone until he/she comes in to me?

If Cortese said exactly that and a day later agreed a deal for Lambert I'm sure a certain posters answer to the question would be slightly different

i dunno, now i've read that quote i reckon what he meant was:

"Any transfers that take place will be under our terms. We will decide the terms to potential transfers in and out of the club. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints"

That bit makes sense, i reckon the "We will involve the manager." was just a non-sequitur that bubbled up from his sub-conscious, like a burp.

What about that one?

That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints

i dunno, now i've read that quote i reckon what he meant was:

"Any transfers that take place will be under our terms. We will decide the terms to potential transfers in and out of the club. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints"

That bit makes sense, i reckon the "We will involve the manager." was just a non-sequitur that bubbled up from his sub-conscious, like a burp.

Yep, probably means when we get a manager all further transfers will involve him.

Mr Krueger made the statement twice.

"we would like the new manager to be involved in our player decisions" and then ....

"First of all it’s very clear that we are in control. We are in control of all the player transfers. All the top players are under long term contracts.

Any transfers that take place will be under our terms. We will decide the terms to potential transfers in and out of the club.

We will involve the manager. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints."

The uncensored and unabridged transcript is available on the Echo websitehttp://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11242017._We_re_aiming_for_Europe____full_interview_with_Saints_chairman_Ralph_Krueger/

Mr Krueger made the statement twice.

"we would like the new manager to be involved in our player decisions" and then ....

"First of all it’s very clear that we are in control. We are in control of all the player transfers. All the top players are under long term contracts.

Any transfers that take place will be under our terms. We will decide the terms to potential transfers in and out of the club.

We will involve the manager. That is important for everybody to know. That’s why we have been able to not agree to any transfers to date, because we have control of the situation, and anybody who is saying anything else doesn’t understand that we are in a strong position with the Saints."

The uncensored and unabridged transcript is available on the Echo websitehttp://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11242017._We_re_aiming_for_Europe____full_interview_with_Saints_chairman_Ralph_Krueger/

The anyone-but-Cortese brigade will tell you that's an aspiration, not a commitment.

I live In singapore and was at a Dutch Club party tonight.strange but true. On the way to the bog I bumped into a chap wearing a Toronto hockey jersey and no word of a lie I said the words " ralph krueger" and he said "you must be. Southaaampton fan". Conversation went on.......it appears that everyone in Canada thinks he is the COACH not the chairman! And point also was made that all over there think he is here purely for Prem dollars. Obviously with everyone wearing orange I asked about Koeman... Not real positive or negative. I think he might be okay but my thoughts are now survival based and for that I think we need DM:/ but who cares about my thoughts.

Quote the same quote as many times as you like lads.

what are your thoughts on ralph and this situation so far

the position we are in/heading was the work of cortese shyt stirring an nothing more

but it is happening

what are your thoughts on ralph and the pending situation.

what are your thoughts on ralph and this situation so far

the position we are in/heading was the work of cortese shyt stirring an nothing more

but it is happening

what are your thoughts on ralph and the pending situation.

Not sure anyone said the transfer rumours were from Cortese "and nothing more", Delldays.

I have given my thoughts on the Lambert transfer - it is a monumental clusterfu ck of timing, and we should not be selling him now, not before the world cup, and not the day after Ralph did his charm offensive with the media. Let him go to Liverpool, sure, but absolutely no need to complete the deal now, as it is not like he is rocking up for pre-season training any time soon. And the price is too low, I would have taken six mil with no add ons whatsoever because he is 32 FFS.

The stories that we seem to be talking Shaw with Man U right now is dopey too. I do not want to watch the world cup listening to Clive Tyldesley continually referring to those players as Liverpool and Man U players.

So let's not try and put me in as some blind supporter of the new regime. When they fu ck up - like right now, I am happy to call it.

However. I do not think this is a fire sale. Or a asset strip. I don't think this is some con trick by KL to sell the club. I believe, right now, that RK and the board will try to deliver a comparative performance to this season, next season. We will get a manager of decent standing, and we will invest some money in replacing those we lose. With the funds we get in, that could be another thirty odd mil I guess. And the vision RK articulates in his funny corporate-speak way I am happy with. We're not going to be in the Champions League, barring a ridiculous miracle. I think we have the best owners we could possibly wish for, and we need them to stay.

Lastly, if KL doesn't invest another penny in the club then that is absolutely fine with me. We have taken plenty from that family to get us to the PL, and now we are here, and we are getting eighty odd million a year (or whatever the number is) just for being here. We need to use that money, plus any other income we can generate, to self-sustain as a successful Premier League club run in the right way. At this point I am still happy to let the current management team do that.

But they need to get the managerial appointment right - I will say if I hate it, don't worry - and we need to at least be seen to be trying to hold on to players. Two days ago they had a lot of my confidence. Right now, they have considerably less, but with room and time to turn it round.

Not sure anyone said the transfer rumours were from Cortese "and nothing more", Delldays.

I have given my thoughts on the Lambert transfer - it is a monumental clusterfu ck of timing, and we should not be selling him now, not before the world cup, and not the day after Ralph did his charm offensive with the media. Let him go to Liverpool, sure, but absolutely no need to complete the deal now, as it is not like he is rocking up for pre-season training any time soon. And the price is too low, I would have taken six mil with no add ons whatsoever because he is 32 FFS.

The stories that we seem to be talking Shaw with Man U right now is dopey too. I do not want to watch the world cup listening to Clive Tyldesley continually referring to those players as Liverpool and Man U players.

So let's not try and put me in as some blind supporter of the new regime. When they fu ck up - like right now, I am happy to call it.

However. I do not think this is a fire sale. Or a asset strip. I don't think this is some con trick by KL to sell the club. I believe, right now, that RK and the board will try to deliver a comparative performance to this season, next season. We will get a manager of decent standing, and we will invest some money in replacing those we lose. With the funds we get in, that could be another thirty odd mil I guess. And the vision RK articulates in his funny corporate-speak way I am happy with. We're not going to be in the Champions League, barring a ridiculous miracle. I think we have the best owners we could possibly wish for, and we need them to stay.

Lastly, if KL doesn't invest another penny in the club then that is absolutely fine with me. We have taken plenty from that family to get us to the PL, and now we are here, and we are getting eighty odd million a year (or whatever the number is) just for being here. We need to use that money, plus any other income we can generate, to self-sustain as a successful Premier League club run in the right way. At this point I am still happy to let the current management team do that.

But they need to get the managerial appointment right - I will say if I hate it, don't worry - and we need to at least be seen to be trying to hold on to players. Two days ago they had a lot of my confidence. Right now, they have considerably less, but with room and time to turn it round.

I quite like this version of C B Fry, and find myself agreeing with him.

Is there anyone out there amongst us Internet mongs that really believes that we should 'wait until August before judging the board'? That was the tripe being spouted by some on this forum after his interview and I said then, and say again, the new Chairman is all fart, no ****. Just a lot if hot air. Krueger is a complete c u n t. The only thing worse than a c u n t like Cortese is a disingenuous c u n t like Krueger. Do us all a favour and f u c k off Krueger.

I'm not sure if my words above gets across my anger and disappointment...

BTW what the **** was he doing going to Wycombe to watch that U19 England game yesterday?

Absolutely nothing to be gained by him being there, not when there is so much more he could be doing.

Charm offensive.

Oh, and our first team players for next season were playing.

We did warn you, Saints fans seem to have acquired a reputation for being amongst the world's most gullible.

Mike Wilde check,Paul Allen check, Tommac check, Pinnacle check, Fialka check, Krueger check...

Anyway what's up with Shaw today.

Krueger was done like a kipper by Liverpool over Lambert wasn't he. £4m is frankly insulting. More I think about it angrier I've become. This guy is in the same league as Lowes appointment of Sir Clive Woodward and also Wotte. Clueless about football. Totally out of his depth.

Is there anyone out there amongst us Internet mongs that really believes that we should 'wait until August before judging the board'? That was the tripe being spouted by some on this forum after his interview and I said then, and say again, the new Chairman is all fart, no ****. Just a lot if hot air. Krueger is a complete c u n t. The only thing worse than a c u n t like Cortese is a disingenuous c u n t like Krueger. Do us all a favour and f u c k off Krueger.

I believe we wait until we've got all the evidence before passing judgement. What really gets my goat is this lynch mob mentality.

Every transfer window is a mix of lots of bits of good and bad news. We've had a couple of bad bits but its the end of May atm. Im assuming there will more good news than bad by the end of August. That makes more sense than a hissy tantrum imo.

I believe we wait until we've got all the evidence before passing judgement. What really gets my goat is this lynch mob mentality.

This. Some of the posts are really OTT. Let's wait until Aug before we make judgements.

I live In singapore and was at a Dutch Club party tonight.strange but true. On the way to the bog I bumped into a chap wearing a Toronto hockey jersey and no word of a lie I said the words " ralph krueger" and he said "you must be. Southaaampton fan". Conversation went on.......it appears that everyone in Canada thinks he is the COACH not the chairman! And point also was made that all over there think he is here purely for Prem dollars. Obviously with everyone wearing orange I asked about Koeman... Not real positive or negative. I think he might be okay but my thoughts are now survival based and for that I think we need DM:/ but who cares about my thoughts.

He was a hockey coach - knows absolutely nothing about football, the Premier League or being a Chief Executive. Who the **** appointed this eejit?

He was a hockey coach - knows absolutely nothing about football, the Premier League or being a Chief Executive. Who the **** appointed this eejit?

:lol: You've just demonstrated you know absolutely nothing about what a Chairman does or is for.

Every transfer window is a mix of lots of bits of good and bad news. We've had a couple of bad bits but its the end of May atm. Im assuming there will more good news than bad by the end of August. That makes more sense than a hissy tantrum imo.

They call that blind faith don't they? Or just complete and utter ignorance to what is plainly evident.

What gets my goat is people who think they own the moral high ground by saying things like 'remain calm and see we're we are in August'. Well of course we'll have to just see where we are in August. However, if I want to voice my frustration at what is going on right now, I am well within my rights to do so. So pipe down.

What gets my goat is people who think they own the moral high ground by saying things like 'remain calm and see we're we are in August'. Well of course we'll have to just see where we are in August. However, if I want to voice my frustration at what is going on right now, I am well within my rights to do so. So pipe down.

And others are within their rights to disagree with you. If you don't like it then don't publish your opinion on a public message board.

Do you seriously think that you're making anything more than a laughable 'contribution' to the discussion with a thread entitled "All fart, no sh*t" and comments such as "Krueger is a complete c u n t. The only thing worse than a c u n t like Cortese is a disingenuous c u n t like Krueger. Do us all a favour and f u c k off Krueger"?

:lol: You've just demonstrated you know absolutely nothing about what a Chairman does or is for.

What? So is he supposed to coach the team? Strikes me that where football teams have chairmen who are footballing people they tend to do rather well.

Sorry but he has shown a lack of judgment and integrity over the past 24 hours, looks a fool, has made Southampton FC look a joke and has zero knowledge of football or experience as a Chief Executive. ( the latter two points by his own admission ).

Do tell us what he is supposed to be doing.

The happy clappers do make me laugh .... 'Lets wait and see what happens' It is happening before your very eyes....

Yep - same thing happened when WGS left. Lots of it will be alright and stop panicking. Same thing happened when we relegated to CCC. Same thing happened when we relegated to League 1. Hate to say it but there is not yet cause for optimism when the national media have even worked it out.... http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/30/rickie-lambert-transfer-start-mass-exodus-southampton

The 32-year-old was the subject of a bid of £4m plus add-ons on Thursday by Liverpool, who became aware of the Kirkby-born player’s availability during their inquiries for Lallana and the Croatian central defender Lovren.

So Liverpool come knocking for Lallana and Lovren and we say yeah no problem, and hey take Lambert as well......Anyone else you want while you're here?.....Knock down sale prices too....everything must go!

Ralph Krueger....There to do Kat's dirty work...Something Cortese refused to do