Ralph Krueger Interview

Lallana's Left Peg

I just watched the interview again.

He is not very impressive. He tried to reassure but fails.

Apart from the fact he seems to hint that no players will be sold until a manager is in, probably untrue, he opens the door to all comers to come in for our players by not ruling it out.

He has also made another major basic error. By saying we have lots of people applying for the managers post he has missed the point that ambitious clubs pick their managers from whomever they want. They take not look for yes men to apply for the job.

That worries me.

I've been pushing for Moyes. I bet he hasn't 'applied'. Would you work for this man?

I wasn't at the time, but now I blame him for the current media ****storm surrounding saints. I don't want people like that at the club.

What is the current mdia storm to do with Cortese honestly, the media storm is because we're obviously listening to offers for most of of our players and probably have been for a while. That's not Cortese's doing, neither is the fact that our new "gab to anyone" policy and don't repress media leaking severely is letting all of our private dealings out to the press. It's nothing whatsoever to do with Cortese. Schneiderlin would never ever have been allowed to give the interview to the Echo in Cortese's day, it would have been squashed, not that it would have ever existed in the first place because the cause wouldn't exist in the first place.

I blame Cortese - if he had progressed the club in a more sustainable way, within the budget he was given and managed, he would still be with us.

Unfortunately, he went power mad, making crass statements and promises, whilst losing the bigger picture and failing to bring in big sponsorship deals etc.

He also sanctioned Osvaldo, who did not fit the standard Saints player profile - under 22 years old and intelligent.

However, moving forward, all we need are a few rumours of us making bids for some ridiculously good players and the SWF returns back from meltdown.

Oh, and I totally agree with Dubai Phil's post - RK is a big global player with a big reputation which is built on trust.

I blame Cortese - if he had progressed the club in a more sustainable way, within the budget he was given and managed, he would still be with us.

Unfortunately, he went power mad, making crass statements and promises, whilst losing the bigger picture and failing to bring in big sponsorship deals etc.

He also sanctioned Osvaldo, who did not fit the standard Saints player profile - under 22 years old and intelligent.

However, moving forward, all we need are a few rumours of us making bids for some ridiculously good players and the SWF returns back from meltdown.

Oh, and I totally agree with Dubai Phil's post - RK is a big global player with a big reputation which is built on trust.

he went power mad. Liek RK saying he wants europe.??? what's the difference.

for all Cortese fails, he drove us from league 1 to 8th place in the league with 3/4 england players (could well have been more) with his deluded vision

he went power mad. Liek RK saying he wants europe.??? what's the difference.

for all Cortese fails, he drove us from league 1 to 8th place in the league with 3/4 england players (could well have been more) with his deluded vision

Yep, and I highly doubt we'd be in this situation if he was still here.

People still think Reed is the best man for the DoF role? They've gone quiet the last 24hrs.

Adam Blackmore @bigadamsport · 6m

#saintsfc board coming under enormous pressure now & none more than Les Reed. Chairman & Pochettino have both repeatedly passed buck to him and Reed is the one who a number of payers have mentioned to me recently as being an issue for them - hope he comes through but he's under the pump. And whilst I didn't like the way Poch behaved of late , I know that the players loyalty was with him & not Reed & board

What is the current mdia storm to do with Cortese honestly, the media storm is because we're obviously listening to offers for most of of our players and probably have been for a while. That's not Cortese's doing, neither is the fact that our new "gab to anyone" policy and don't repress media leaking severely is letting all of our private dealings out to the press. It's nothing whatsoever to do with Cortese. Schneiderlin would never ever have been allowed to give the interview to the Echo in Cortese's day, it would have been squashed, not that it would have ever existed in the first place because the cause wouldn't exist in the first place.
If you look at the likes of Jim White, Ben Smith & Neil Ashton's coverage of this, Cortese's has obviously enjoyed taking the opportunity to leak and stir a bit.

Why do the last 24 hours change so much in your eyes?

I took my position and questioned his credentials the moment Pochettino left. I raised an eyebrow when he listed his responsibilities back in April. A few days ago I wondered a) if he alone was suitable to be a DoF, and b) whether he was especially appropriate with zero other football experience at Board level.

Most people responded suggested I was talking rubbish and Les Reed was entirely suitable to be DoF.

In the last 24hrs we've had reports emerge that we're about to sell our best striker for £4m and now Adam Blackmore has publicly come forward and stated players have told him that Les Reed is an issue for them. So given the ease with which my view was dismissed by many a few days ago I'd be interested to see if people still hold that position in the face of all this.

Just out of interest, given that Les Reed is primarily an administrator, not a coach or hands on with the on-the-pitch stuff, how important is the players' opinion on this?

After all, he was one of the team who appointed Pochettino, so what exactly is their issue with him?

I'm not saying that it's not the case, but it's difficult to judge without knowing why he is an 'issue'.

I took my position and questioned his credentials the moment Pochettino left. I raised an eyebrow when he listed his responsibilities back in April. A few days ago I wondered a) if he alone was suitable to be a DoF, and b) whether he was especially appropriate with zero other football experience at Board level.

Most people responded suggested I was talking rubbish and Les Reed was entirely suitable to be DoF.

In the last 24hrs we've had reports emerge that we're about to sell our best striker for £4m and now Adam Blackmore has publicly come forward and stated players have told him that Les Reed is an issue for them. So given the ease with which my view was dismissed by many a few days ago I'd be interested to see if people still hold that position in the face of all this.

perhaps Reed is just clearing the decks so that every one of our academy players has his first XI chance and thus his place in Reed's beloved England Unders sides. Seems to be an obsession with him to me.I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why Clyne was dropped for Chambers last season, less pace going forward, less pace getting back.

Just out of interest, given that Les Reed is primarily an administrator, not a coach or hands on with the on-the-pitch stuff, how important is the players' opinion on this?

After all, he was one of the team who appointed Pochettino, so what exactly is their issue with him?

I'm not saying that it's not the case, but it's difficult to judge without knowing why he is an 'issue'.

His previous role was overseeing the Football Development Centre. He had responsibility for the Academy, Sports Science, Scouting etc. It is widely believed he was also a part of the 'transfer committee'. And clearly he had an advisory role with Cortese.

In the new Board he is now effectively Director of Football. His increased responsibilities (as long as he is a DoF in the traditional sense) are: Transfers, Contracts (both new players and existing), Managerial Appointments, and setting the direction the club / team is to go in on a sporting level.

His increased responsibilities means he has far more touch points with the players, and makes decisions that directly impact them - both personally and at a sporting level. If they do not like him that does not bode well at all.

Cortese appointed Pochettino because he'd been recommended by Mourinho amongst others, Reed had nothing to do with it, he'd have kept Adkins until the bitter end, probably seeing him as a future England manager and all that. Don't believe the 20 scouts bolloaks, they brought us Mayuka, Gazzaniga and Forren remember, not to mention Billy Sharp.

His previous role was overseeing the Football Development Centre. He had responsibility for the Academy, Sports Science, Scouting etc. It is widely believed he was also a part of the 'transfer committee'. And clearly he had an advisory role with Cortese.

In the new Board he is now effectively Director of Football. His increased responsibilities (as long as he is a DoF in the traditional sense) are: Transfers, Contracts (both new players and existing), Managerial Appointments, and setting the direction the club / team is to go in on a sporting level.

His increased responsibilities means he has far more touch points with the players, and makes decisions that directly impact them - both personally and at a sporting level. If they do not like him that does not bode well at all.

Agreed, in one statement or interview Reed said that the first team did not fall under his jurisdiction. Was a while back though.

The f*cking players need to get a grip, so what if you don't love everyone in your company, no one does!!!! They get paid a fortune and have a life most of us would envy so do what cortese said and thats always crack on and to remain professional.

These numpties are starting to do my nut in, maybe they should all shut up and wait until after the world cup and a manager has been appointed and pre-season has begun.

LLP / WC - Do you actually know these things, or are they just your interpretations?

I'm in no position to doubt either of you, but this is the thing... who actually knows for certain? Without Blackmore giving us some more context, I am not comfortable making any judgement on a person who I know about only through one interview, one tweet, and the odd passing reference in the past.

LLP / WC - Do you actually know these things, or are they just your interpretations?

I'm in no position to doubt either of you, but this is the thing... who actually knows for certain? Without Blackmore giving us some more context, I am not comfortable making any judgement on a person who I know about only through one interview, one tweet, and the odd passing reference in the past.

I know what his responsibilities were beforehand as Reed listed them in an interview. I know what his responsibilities are now as Krueger and Reed have mentioned them in recent interviews (April and May).

The players not liking him comes from Adam Blackmore.

I know what his responsibilities were beforehand as Reed listed them in an interview. I know what his responsibilities are now as Krueger and Reed have mentioned them in recent interviews (April and May).

What he said, Reed did indeed say that the first team did not come under his jurisdiction, neither was he director of football. At one time in the fairly recent past Krueger spoke of appointing a Sporting Director, don't ever remember seeing it confirmed that it was Reed though. So either they didn't bother to tell us for whatever reason suits them or Reed usurped the role in stating that he was in charge of football, transfers,contracts etc in his interjection before the Everton presser.

As for the players comments thing I have no idea, ask Blackmore.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I assumed, probably wrongly, that Ralph was more or less saying that players will only be sold when its right for the club. I took that to mean,unlike in years gone by, that when we have a replacement not just lined up but a deal signed and sealed we would then and only then sell Shaw, Lallana etc.

Seems that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

its easy to blame people and in many cases the wrong people, I deal with these situations on a regular basis in the course of my line of work

Some people who think they are victims are actually the perpetrators in all walks of life, They seem to play the woe is me card and get everyone who will listen on their side. a sort of Mob rule mentality. or the bullying affect , As I said i see and have to deal with this behaviour it on a regular basis, Its easy to blame management, sometimes management are in the wrong and get it wrong, this week has been no different for me. I was subject some pretty awful abuse with something I had not been involved with this week , I wasnt aware of the problem till the following day , but it was down to me according to a few individuals, I want say much more but there were two large liners visiting.

This everyday life workplace situations is no differnent to what is happening to Saints and particular this forum

Its so sad to see so much abuse, bile and even a racist comments hurled at memebers of the board in recent days.

I understand the frustrations , im hurting as much as you , we do not know all the facts of what is happening and who if anyone is responsible.

I even suspect it has something to do with NC but I dont know for sure, maybe it is the media

But hey fellow posters I understand your pain but please lets not descend into a culture of mob rule by hurling offensive abuse and bile and racist comments at the board

I am sure they are doing the upmost to stabalise the situation , yes they can say no 100 times a day re players but if an individual is determined to leave, you cannot hold them against their wishes, Yes you can sue them for breach of contract, but that takes a while to resolve through the courts and it is not a healthy situation for both sides

let alone us saints fan

Keep the faith the futures bright the furutes red and white

Regards

Mike

Edited by Viking Warrior

Fair enough - the crux of the matter is clearly what Blackmore knows, but still I have to ask, if their dealings with Reed are purely on the contractual side, and not on the playing side, I wonder just how relevant the players concerns are? Without more info, it's impossible to know.

Fair enough - the crux of the matter is clearly what Blackmore knows, but still I have to ask, if their dealings with Reed are purely on the contractual side, and not on the playing side, I wonder just how relevant the players concerns are? Without more info, it's impossible to know.

if reed isn't dealing with the football side then the only person we have left on that side is martin hunter.

its easy to blame people and in many cases the wrong people, I deal with these situations on a regular basis in the course of my line of work

e.g. when you was falsely accused of smoking in airport toilet!

good post tho viking, I have loads of vicious & satirical jokes to hurl at Les, Ralph and Kat (one short, one lean, one fat) but I'm trying to hold off till they actually sell Lambart & Adam & Luke & everything not nailed down!

if reed isn't dealing with the football side then the only person we have left on that side is martin hunter.

The whole point here is that we're in the process of appointing a manager, and they deal with the players on the football side. So what is the players' issue?

If it is genuine, then fair enough, but we're judging something on very little info.

The whole point here is that we're in the process of appointing a manager, and they deal with the players on the football side. So what is the players' issue?

If it is genuine, then fair enough, but we're judging something on very little info.

Have you not read all the interviews Minty, the players were clear, keep Mauricio, sign a few top class players to take us forward. Mauricio is gone, so are they. I said at the time of the Schneiderlin echo interview that it was dynamite and extremely unusual for a player to say such things, no-one believed me, the interview was never picked up on the OS, probably unsanctioned. It was the shape of things to come, now we're seeing the consequences of Mauricio not being retained at any price, which is what Krueger said we'd do I believe.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Have you not read all the interviews Minty, the players were clear, keep Mauricio, sign a few top class players to take us forward. Mauricio is gone, so are they. I said at the time of the Schneiderlin echo interview that it was dynamite and extremely unusual for a player to say such things, no-one believed me, the interview was never picked up on the OS, probably unsanctioned. It was the shape of things to come, now we're seeing the consequences of Mauricio not being retained at any price, which is what Krueger said we'd do I believe.

I meant specifically their issue with Reed, that Blackmore was alluding to.

I get all that other stuff... I'm not surprised that Poch having left, there are some players leaving and there will be more. I was quite prepared for that. I'm not happy about it, but that's football sometimes.

And Krueger never promised that Poch would stay. A good contract was on the table, he rejected it and wanted to leave. Not sure what else the board could do. They're on a hiding to nothing IMO.

What he said, Reed did indeed say that the first team did not come under his jurisdiction, neither was he director of football. At one time in the fairly recent past Krueger spoke of appointing a Sporting Director, don't ever remember seeing it confirmed that it was Reed though. So either they didn't bother to tell us for whatever reason suits them or Reed usurped the role in stating that he was in charge of football, transfers,contracts etc in his interjection before the Everton presser.

As for the players comments thing I have no idea, ask Blackmore.

Player's comments noted by Blackmore are consistent with a view stated by an inside source.

Player's comments noted by Blackmore are consistent with a view stated by an inside source.

perhaps, I've never liked the image Reed projects, I don't like the obsession with the academy and I didn't like the way he acted before the Everton presser, made me think of one of the TV interviews that the idiot Hollande gave before he got elected president, subsequently proved to be just a stream of bulldung..

Oh boy...amazing how an apparently steady ship over the last 5 years suddenly turns out to be a complete ship-wreck in a matter of just days. I cannot believe that Reed has not contributed in some way to the success of the club, however I keep falling back to the fact that under Cortese the club was efficiently well run with everyone singing off the same song-sheet. In a matter of a few weeks it's turned into some kind of freak show.

Oh boy...amazing how an apparently steady ship over the last 5 years suddenly turns out to be a complete ship-wreck in a matter of just days. I cannot believe that Reed has not contributed in some way to the success of the club, however I keep falling back to the fact that under Cortese the club was efficiently well run with everyone singing off the same song-sheet. In a matter of a few weeks it's turned into some kind of freak show.

But running a steady ship was too costly apparently, what a few million is to a multi-billionaire i just couldn't say. Whole situation needs to be clarified.

It seems to me like Ralph almost thinks he's doing the right thing. Doesn't want to upset anyone who wants to leave so just allows it. He's becoming an embarassment very quickly

This. He needs to grow some balls damn quick! There's one thing allowing a special individual in his twilight years to have a last swansong but it seems he is offering that up to every saleable asset. I'm seriously concerned...

But running a steady ship was too costly apparently, what a few million is to a multi-billionaire i just couldn't say. Whole situation needs to be clarified.

By the same token, why should KL feel beholden to run one of her late father's companies that she may not like or have any interest in what so ever? I would have thought that we are for sale and have been ever since ML passed away. That's not to say that KL is going to asset strip the place, not least because it will put a stain on her father's legacy as well as making us less financially attractive. Of course this might be wholly wrong, and she might have found a fondness for the club, but it would be a little naive to expect her to run at a loss when she might possibly have zero interest in the cub.

By the same token, why should KL feel beholden to run one of her late father's companies that she may not like or have any interest in what so ever? I would have thought that we are for sale and have been ever since ML passed away. That's not to say that KL is going to asset strip the place, not least because it will put a stain on her father's legacy as well as making us less financially attractive. Of course this might be wholly wrong, and she might have found a fondness for the club, but it would be a little naive to expect her to run at a loss when she might possibly have zero interest in the cub.

Err wait up, didn't someone recently assure me that she 'loves it here" and has every intention on furthering her late father's project. Now whether that was some over enthusiastic Happy Clapper or or make claims you can't possibly keep Ralph, I've no idea. Me? I nailed my colours to the mast last January, if she has neither the will nor the wherewithal to take us to the next stage then she should sell us to someone who does, because Championship and League 1 don't really interest me on a purely footballing basis..

Edited by Window Cleaner

To think I believed that whitewash from Kruguer about the new manager being involved in transfers. Not only Rickie but Shaw as well. The man now has zero credibility.

We did warn you, Saints fans seem to have acquired a reputation for being amongst the world's most gullible.

Mike Wilde check,Paul Allen check, Tommac check, Pinnacle check, Fialka check, Krueger check...

Anyway what's up with Shaw today.

I actually thought that the interview was quite good. But obviously not selling anyone and then doing exactly the opposite means that there's not much point in even wasting time in taking on board what he said as the veracity is questionable. Coupled to the fact that the only thing you can actually do is either buy or not buy a ticket what's the real point of getting worked up.

If the owner and her cohorts want to completely run down her company, then that's her choice. We won't like it, but there's nothing that can be done to stop it, short of buying the company.