What would be successful damage limitation?

shurlock

I would argue that KL has attached blame. Thats why the club has lot its CEO and manager. That was my point. She hasnt sack them, she's just closed her purse.

So Katrina was to blame for signing those players was she?!

As for closing her purse, so you're saying cortese was fine as CEO when he had access to the Liebherrs credit card but when the going got tough, when he actually had to make a bit of cash rather than simply spend it on The signings Katrina wanted to make he back to Italy.

That is genius tubby, even by your standards :lol:

So Katrina was to blame for signing those players was she?!

As for closing her purse, so you're saying cortese was fine as CEO when he had access to the Liebherrs credit card but when the going got tough, when he actually had to make a bit of cash rather than simply spend it on The signings Katrina wanted to make he back to Italy.

That is genius tubby, even by your standards :lol:

Obviously pointless dicussing with you; your first question is garbage even by your standards, and you clearly are prejudiced by an intense hatred of Cortese.

The personal abuse is simply the icing on the cake.

Obviously pointless dicussing with you; your first question is garbage even by your standards, and you clearly are prejudiced by an intense hatred of Cortese.

The personal abuse is simply the icing on the cake.

Han on a minute. You were slagging 'gashton' off and I asked you who found him and agreed his contract and who has failed to get the best out of him. You the went into a fat fingered keyboard thumping rant about Kat. So is she to blame for signing Ramirez and Osvaldo or not? It's quite simple, you implied she was.

This really

I still am baffled by the anger towards the board,they manager has walked out on us and from the statement they released I get the impression they were not happy by it,they didnt thank MP for his work just announced he had resigned.

They obviously offered him a contract that he didn't want,you can't expect them to announce it to the world they are waiting on him to sign and it's up to him.

For me they can only be judged from here,a class manager appointed and a decent transfer kitty and MoPo will be yesterdays news

This

I hope the board appoint quickly and we'll. A strong manager with reputation sends a message to fans and players alike. It shows ambition especially if coupled with a decent transfer kitty. Here's hoping

Han on a minute. You were slagging 'gashton' off and I asked you who found him and agreed his contract and who has failed to get the best out of him. You the went into a fat fingered keyboard thumping rant about Kat. So is she to blame for signing Ramirez and Osvaldo or not? It's quite simple, you implied she was.

Noope. I basically said she supported her CEO in the signing of Gashton and Osvaldo, they were colossal f**k-ups, she has closed her purse because the faith in his decisions was lost, he concluded a glass ceiling had been hit and quit, and the result was the manager who he brought in and has a strong personal relationship with him has gone at the earliest possible moment of convenience.

There, its not rocket science. Hope you understand now. If you wish to continmue discussing, drop the personal abuse.

Love the avatar, btw. Never had you down as a clappy.

Noope. I basically said she supported her CEO in the signing of Gashton and Osvaldo, they were colossal f**k-ups, she has closed her purse because the faith in his decisions was lost, he concluded a glass ceiling had been hit and quit, and the result was the manager who he brought in and has a strong personal relationship with him has gone at the earliest possible moment of convenience.

There, its not rocket science. Hope you understand now. If you wish to continmue discussing, drop the personal abuse.

Good man, now were getting somewhere! So she closed her purse due to losing faith in the CEO, his decisions and his squandering of £27m + wages of her money did she? Surely if that's the case then it's good news he's all round he's gone and you were right about Cortese when you said other chairman saw him coming and he ran us like a crappy seaside B&B. so why the bleating from you they you wish he was still here?

Good man, now were getting somewhere! So she closed her purse due to losing faith in the CEO, his decisions and his squandering of £27m + wages of her money did she? Surely if that's the case then it's good news he's all round he's gone and you were right about Cortese when you said other chairman saw him coming and he ran us like a crappy seaside B&B. so why the bleating from you they you wish he was still here?

Quite simple. He's made his mistakes. But he was a leader with a vision, and a strong will. The current rabble represent a leadership vacuum. They are going to make sh*t loads more mistakes, includng telling the world we have financial difficulties as an opening gambit.

If he were still here, I reckon he would have managed to keep MoPo and the players happy, and he would have had the balls to get rid of Osvaldo and Gashton this summer.

If we have a fan on the board, I suggest Alpine. He knows so much about what's going on, what people's ambitions are ( and even were , if they're dead) what they're thinking and their motives. He really would be worth his weight in gold.

That's an absolut ****-ton of gold, from what I've heard.

Quite simple. He's made his mistakes. But he was a leader with a vision, and a strong will. The current rabble represent a leadership vacuum. They are going to make sh*t loads more mistakes, includng telling the world we have financial difficulties as an opening gambit.

If he were still here, I reckon he would have managed to keep MoPo and the players happy, and he would have had the balls to get rid of Osvaldo and Gashton this summer.

But what mistakes have they made so far? Pochettino resigned after offering him a new contract, there's nothing they can do about that.

But you say Kat closed her purse due to losing faith with Corteses decisions. He walked away when the funding stopped. So he was great playing a real life version football manager with a credit card, not so good when it reached it's limit. So his vision wasn't a vision at all. It was a more of a dream completely dependant on the owners who you say had lost faith in him.

His 'vision' and that of the owners weren't aligned, if your bosses don't share you vision then it's isn't a vision at all.

How would he have kept poch and the Players happy when the purse had been shut? How would he have explained that there was little budget for players this summer? Do you not think everyone would have seen the reality of his vision unfolding then so he got out whilst he could and play the hero saying none of it would have happened on his watch months later?

But you say Kat closed her purse due to losing faith with Corteses decisions. He walked away when the finding stopped. So his vision wasn't a vision at all. It was a more of a dream completely dependant on the owners who you say had lost faith in him.

His 'vision' and that of the owners weren't aligned, if your bosses don't share you vision then it's isn't a vision at all.

How would he have kept poch and the Players happy when the purse had been shut? How would he have explained that there was little budget for players this summer? Do you not think everyone would have seen the reality of his vision unfolding then so he got out whilst he could and play the hero saying none of it would have happened on his watch months later?

I am not saying he would not have had to sell at all to push on with new players, as probably would have been stipulated by KL. But I reckon he would have kept MoPo on side and involved in the decisions.

A huge difference.

Yes quite, Jeffie.

Can we get hysterical now what you said wouldnt happen actually has ? Please ?

No, we can't get hysterical, there is no reason to. Poch has left, so what? Managers leave, he will be replaced. The time to get hysterical is when a new, crap manager is appointed.

Also, this is what I said about Pochettino, so I'd prefer it if you didn't misquote me:

"- Pochettino's contract - Even though this is seen as something that needs to be sorted, he still has a year left on his contract. What does it matter if his contract is 1 year or 5 years - if a big club comes calling he will be off."

Depends.

If the new board manages to secure a top class manager, then we've more chance of hanging onto some of our better players.

Top class manager, one or two player sales properly reinvested would count as success for me.

This and the board have done excellent job in challenging times.

I am not saying he would not have had to sell at all to push on with new players, as probably would have been stipulated by KL. But I reckon he would have kept MoPo on side and involved in the decisions.

A huge difference.

We we will never know because you say he quit when the tapped was turned off and the "Vision" fell apart. You can speculate at what might have happened all along. The fact of the matter is that you believe once Kat pulled the credit card away after losing faith in his decisions after supporting him on the signings of "Gashton" and Osvaldo he was off. So his vision depended entirely on the support of the person who is still there and you are claiming is part of rabble representing a leadership vaccum.