Pochettino Joining Spurs (Official)

Saint Matty 76

LMFAO

Stuff you've made up in your head and convinced yourself is true, is now laid out as fact.

Interestingly you decide that you know what a man who has been dead four years , that you never met, would have wanted over and above his own daughter.

You won't enjoy this summer, a few more departures to go yet - But guess what - We will be just fine.

The bloke is an all round weirdo.

Excellent article. At the Awards Dinner Krueger told me he thought the Spurs links were "media driven" when it was clear they weren't and that MP was stalling.

Can't blame the Board for MP choosing to move, but you can blame them for the way they publically handled it (or in reality didn't handle it).

Naive at best, out of their depth at worst.

:lol: You thought he'd tell you exactly what was going on at the club at that time. I bet you just stood there and nodded gormlessly.

:lol: You thought he'd tell you exactly what was going on at the club at that time. I bet you just stood there and nodded gormlessly.

No, but I think he believed what he was saying hence all the comments about the club being "comfortable".

As the article says, MP played them completely.

No loss in my opinion. Got the team playing possession football that was attractive to watch but seemed to have no idea about how to turn possession into goals. The much vaunted '8th place' was 23 points below the top 4, so not as good an outcome as some people think. Tim Sherwood took Spurs to 13 points above Saints, so there's no guarantee that THFC have a good deal. MP has had his eyes on moving since before the end of the season so its good he's gone quickly.

A manager with only a year left on his contract can't be kept if he gets an offer, but players on contracts that still have years to run is a different matter. Krueger has said that the Board intends to continue the 'path of growth' the club has been on, into next season, and to 'move the club forwards'. If that is true, a start would be to hold onto our international players that are subject to transfer speculation. To settle the squad, it would be very easy to say now, that bids for our star players will be refused and that these players will be available to our next manager who will also be given funds to strengthen.

If that wasn't a pig passing my window. I'll be very relieved.

The board must take their fair share of criticism for the way this had been handled radio Solent last night were debating it and agreed the board have done an extremely poor job in the handling of MP's future the fans knew he was off (apart from a few who claimed to be itk that mp was 100% staying!) yet it was dragged out and fans were fed lied by les reed who now we have to put are faith in. I honestly don't believe either kathrina or Ralph have a clue about running a football club and why in the world would they? Hope they prove me wrong but I think this could quickly turn into saints being a laughing stock yet again! They don't seem to be interested in keeping the team together

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/media/grid?idx=0&tid=471286552191336448

In case anyone is in any doubt about where Spurs sit in the footballing pyramid, then this table makes for an interesting read.

Now of course, nothing is set in stone and the status quo is always there to be challenged, but a dash of realism is sometimes needed before we launch in to emotive responses.

Edited by um pahars

Well I'm glad the Argie tw*t has gone. Clearly he had no intention of staying at Saints so we are best shot of the tw*t. Whilst we played fantastic possession football we failed too many times to convert that possession into wins. We lacked a plan b and a cutting edge. We now need the board to act quickly and appoint a quality Manager to build upon the excellent foundations. No player should be sold until a new a manager is in place.

Two things for next season: Finish above the Spuds and see the Argie sacked by Christmas! Now that would make me smile!

COYR

Our biggest problem was in the last quarter of the pitch. We had possession and chances but failed to convert them far far too often. Last season was ruined by having an ineffective striker in the form of Osvaldo. Imagine if we had had a proper one who wanted to play here and actually converted chances?

Glad it's come to a head now rather than rumbling along through the summer. It means we've got more choice of managerial candidates, rather than the dregs that are left. I don't think he ever had any intention of signing a new contract; he never uttered any words of encouragement or gave the impression, really, that he was part of the club. Makes you wonder if he's already been trying to tap up some of the players. There are probably a lot of other good managers who only have 1 year left on their contract, but you don't get their players come out in the papers nearly every day pleading with them to stay - there has definitely been some stirring behind the scenes, and I'm sure Cortese is part of it.

The Mirror is reporting that he's after Lallana. I'm glad the argy t*sser has gone now, so we can get someone decent in.

We were playing good attacking football before he came along; it was the defending he improved, but at the expense of us scoring less goals.

It was also Adkins squad he inherited, so I don't think we're doomed without him.

I'll be very interested to see the team he picks for Europa league games LOL, and frankly the odds of Spurs getting Champions League is the same as it always was - zero.

The Mirror is reporting that he's after Lallana. I'm glad the argy t*sser has gone now, so we can get someone decent in.

We were playing good attacking football before he came along; it was the defending he improved, but at the expense of us scoring less goals.

It was also Adkins squad he inherited, so I don't think we're doomed without him.

I'll be very interested to see the team he picks for Europa league games LOL, and frankly the odds of Spurs getting Champions League is the same as it always was - zero.

Sorry, make that the Grauniad:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/27/mauricio-pochettino-new-tottenham-manager

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/media/grid?idx=0&tid=471286552191336448

In case anyone is in any doubt about where Spurs sit in the footballing pyramid, then this table makes for an interesting read.

Now of course, nothing is set in stone and the status quo is always there to be challenged, but a dash of realism is sometimes needed before we launch in to emotive responses.

Not sure quite what point you're making. That table would imply what we all know. Spurs area bigger club than Saints ,but not all that much bigger, and not a top 4, champions league club. They'll make the Europa league (that MP said was a of no interest) in some seasons and not in others.

now the dust has settled. I am looking forward to a new era. Cant wait for a new manager...

then again, I said that when Wigley was appointed when i thought we were a VERY attractive job....

It's the only way you can be, Bats.

Onwards and upwards (hopefully).

now the dust has settled. I am looking forward to a new era. Cant wait for a new manager...

then again, I said that when Wigley was appointed when i thought we were a VERY attractive job....

Who would be your top pick? Apologies if you've already stated elsewhere?

A poll would be good to if possible?

The board must take their fair share of criticism for the way this had been handled radio Solent last night were debating it and agreed the board have done an extremely poor job in the handling of MP's future the fans knew he was off (apart from a few who claimed to be itk that mp was 100% staying!) yet it was dragged out and fans were fed lied by les reed who now we have to put are faith in. I honestly don't believe either kathrina or Ralph have a clue about running a football club and why in the world would they? Hope they prove me wrong but I think this could quickly turn into saints being a laughing stock yet again! They don't seem to be interested in keeping the team together

Evidence for your charges? Reed lied?

Evidence for your charges? Reed lied?

As i've said before, Reed tells what he believes to be the true facts, I doubt whether he really knows what they are. It's just one big gabfest that's going on, call it communication nowadays I think, the inner circle of the board do know what they're doing,whether we'll like it is something else.

Spuds forum and even Levy are refering to MP style as free flowing attacking football that Spuds are known for .....ermmm Poch plays possession pressure football !!

Hence why we dont score many goals and dont concede many , having the ball is everything .

There is going to be some very disappointed Spuds fans , and there chairman it seems

Its no surprise our players are seemingly looking to jump ship. They were all sold, in reality, a pipe dream of playing Champions League football by Cortese. I'm a huge fan of Cortese, but perhaps this was reckless in the long run and set people up for what we are experiencing now. That said though it is worth noting that it was necessary to attract the likes of Lovren and Wanyama (and Osvlado) and indeed instil the fearless ambition amongst the squad.

Having tasted what might have been, as well as international recognition the players now have they firmly believe they could and should be performing regularly in top European competition so can you blame them for wanting to follow that dream that was ignited here at the start of the season.

Poch did a great jump and I'm gutted he has gone (to Spurs of all clubs) however it is vital we move on now. I will be interested to see how he gets on at Spurs, particularly as we keep hearing the belief he gave the players that they could 'beat the top clubs and be on a par with them'. I wonder how the prima donas of the Spurs squad will react to his underdog mentality. I would suggest he will need to tweak that and it represents the first time he will be expected to win.

Does anyone else have a horrible thought of Cortese ending up at Spurs in place of Levy or even Baldini who is supposedly on the brink?

I've been very critical of the board to this point, but they have the biggest decision of their futures on their shoulders now and there is no margin for error.

Spuds forum and even Levy are refering to MP style as free flowing attacking football that Spuds are known for .....ermmm Poch plays possession pressure football !!

Hence why we dont score many goals and dont concede many , having the ball is everything .

There is going to be some very disappointed Spuds fans , and there chairman it seems

yeah enjoy watching Michael Dawson & co passing the ball back & forth in ur own half, spurs fans! Mugs.

but not all that much bigger, a

I think that when that table is combined with the thought that in 3 years they will be filling a 60,000 stadium (think there ST waiting list is in the tens of thousands) and looking at things such as merchandise and commercial pull (close to 10x what we make), then I would say they are much bigger than us.

Throw in the bright lights of London and a mega contract (in terms of £££s and length) and I struggle to see how we could have made him stay. By comparison we are a small provisional team.

(But I'm more than happy with our standing in the game and 80+ league clubs would only be too happy to be in our shoes).

Its no surprise our players are seemingly looking to jump ship. They were all sold, in reality, a pipe dream of playing Champions League football by Cortese.

Being honest, if they looked at the resources and standing of the top 4/5/6 then they must have been a tad naive to think we were the sleeping giant who would be able to establish themselves in the top 4 on a regular basis.

Yes this is quite funny. They're going to end up being Arsenal Light.

The king is dead long live the king.

survived Adkins going, survived admin, survived Lowe (twice), survived branfoot - willing to bet that we might survive this

True.. But was nice to think we had finally turned a corner and were no longer about 'survival' - yep the club will always survive no matter who comes and who goes, but for once it was nice to be envied as fans of a progressive and upwardly mobile club, rather hast another prem also ran happy to just feed off the scaps from the elite table....

Pochettino targets Southampton players: Tottenham are to make a stunning £25 million move for Southampton's Adam Lallana after Mauricio Pochettino became the London club's new manager. The Daily Express reports that the Argentine boss wants to capitalise on Liverpool's cooling interest in the England midfielder and Lallana's reluctance to move his young family too far away from the South Coast. The paper claims that Pochettino and Lallana have a close relationship and that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will back the new manager in the transfer market. The Daily Mail adds that Pochettino will also try to raid his former club for Jay Rodriguez, while Dejan Lovren, Callum Chambers, Nathaniel Clyne, Morgan Schneiderlin and James Ward-Prowse could all be on his radar too.

Paper Round's view: Southampton have been resigned to losing Lallana for some time, but the list of other players they stand to lose as Pochettino looks to stick with what he knows will be concerning for the South Coast club. Having lost their manager and his backroom staff, and with their best player about to leave, their task now will be damage limitation - and that means stopping as many other players as possible from making it into an exodus. Installing a new manager as quickly as possible is the first step to doing that

Dailymail at it again?!

Pochettino targets Southampton players: Tottenham are to make a stunning £25 million move for Southampton's Adam Lallana after Mauricio Pochettino became the London club's new manager. The Daily Express reports that the Argentine boss wants to capitalise on Liverpool's cooling interest in the England midfielder and Lallana's reluctance to move his young family too far away from the South Coast. The paper claims that Pochettino and Lallana have a close relationship and that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will back the new manager in the transfer market. The Daily Mail adds that Pochettino will also try to raid his former club for Jay Rodriguez, while Dejan Lovren, Callum Chambers, Nathaniel Clyne, Morgan Schneiderlin and James Ward-Prowse could all be on his radar too.

Paper Round's view: Southampton have been resigned to losing Lallana for some time, but the list of other players they stand to lose as Pochettino looks to stick with what he knows will be concerning for the South Coast club. Having lost their manager and his backroom staff, and with their best player about to leave, their task now will be damage limitation - and that means stopping as many other players as possible from making it into an exodus. Installing a new manager as quickly as possible is the first step to doing that

Dailymail at it again?!

So he is planning on blowing his supposed 30 million budget on one player?

I just had a look at that table and those figures are massively skewed by the number of times each team is shown on TV.

If you divide those figures by number of games shown you'd see that Spurs "should have" earned an average of £4,975,497 per game while we "should have" earned £4,882,962 per game. This shows that our games were watched on average by more or less the same amount of people as Spurs' games. Admittedly, this could well be down to the fact that in Spurs' games they are the reason people tune in, while in our games the opposition is the main draw. However, all the report really shows is that Tottenham were shown on TV twice as much as we were. There doesn't appear to be rhyme or reason as to why some teams were shown more than others either. Villa were on TV six times more than us, but with an average 20% lower viewing figures per game.

Dailymail at it again?!

If he is going to take the whole of SFC to Spuds, why leave in the first place?

MP could help us out and add Osvaldo to his wanted list?

£25m for lallana or £24m for Lallana + Osvaldo :lol: what am I like :rolleyes:

And to think in the good old days, you would have already attracted double-digit bites.

#Got to hurt

#itshappeningbutnotthewayweexpected

I would hope most would now have an inkling of why I posted the above a week or two ago. And to those who think Mopo is to blame, well think again. Cause and reaction is appropriate here...Mopo has gone because our Board either (a) didn't want to do the things necessary to keep him here or (b) have another 'master plan' involving another candidate - we have been visited twice now by Poyet so I'm told.

I dare say there will be player reactions - whether they are positive we'll have to wait and see, but I have little faith that this Board has the ambition of the fans or the players that will see the club build on last season. Gutted only just covers it.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

#itshappeningbutnotthewayweexpected

I would hope most would now have an inkling of why I posted the above a week or two ago. And to those who think Mopo is to blame, well think again. Cause and reaction is appropriate here...Mopo has gone because our Board either (a) didn't want to do the things necessary to keep him here or (b) have another 'master plan' involving another candidate - we have been visited twice now by Puyet so I'm told.

I dare say there will be player reactions - whether they are positive we'll have to wait and see, but I have little faith that this Board has the ambition of the fans or the players that will see the club build on last season. Gutted only just covers it.

José Puyet?