Pochettino Joining Spurs (Official)

Saint Matty 76

Morgan has been with the club when we went down to league one and back to the premiership some supporters do easily forget the contribution made by some of the current playing staff. Kelvin Davis turned down west ham who at the time where in the premiership to stay at saints playing league one football

yeah. but he will be off like a shot if arsenal came in and had a bid accepted.

And if that happened, I for one would say good luck Kelvin.

Ah well, don't let a bitter taste at the end ruin the memory of our best ever season of football!

Enjoyable, but preferred the 1989/90 season myself. Actually the 2002/3 season too.

Enjoyable, but preferred the 1989/90 season myself. Actually the 2002/3 season too.
Exactly. We played some good stuff, but we finished upper midtable and didn't do anything in the cups, it clearly isn't "our best ever season of football".

Like this from MLT:

“We can look back now and see he was stalling and keeping his options open, but that’s his prerogative.

“He clearly had a game plan that he had set out, worked it to the best of his ability, and got a new job and a pay rise to boot, so good luck to him – as long as he doesn’t start whinging in a year’s time if he’s finished outside the top four and been sacked.

I know it is a results business at the end of the day and Nigels results weren't great in the PL but it does leave a sour taste that we got rid of a guy who came across as loyal and genuinely thankful for being our manager. A guy that came across as being as much a part of the whole set up as the fans and replaced him with guy who really wasn't that bothered about saints at all and blew us off at the first opportunity.

I was just saying this to a friend, nige actually seemed like he was grateful to be here and he enjoyed it.

1) Ball leaving for city

2) Mopo leaving for spurs

3) Hoddle leaving for spurs

In terms of level of guttitude during my lifetime. No one will ever top my childhood despair of Ball leaving.

Good summary. Worked out well for 1) and 3), roll on the hattrick

Like this from MLT:

“We can look back now and see he was stalling and keeping his options open, but that’s his prerogative.

“He clearly had a game plan that he had set out, worked it to the best of his ability, and got a new job and a pay rise to boot, so good luck to him – as long as he doesn’t start whinging in a year’s time if he’s finished outside the top four and been sacked.

Love it! Where did you see this?

Like this from MLT:

The bloke is a star, Saints through and through (conveniently forgetting the fact he also nearly joined Spurs for a minute....)

Picard it might be a 5 year contract but the reality he does not have a 5 year contract

This is the actual contract he has

5 year contract with a one year break clause , he gave sherwood a three year with a six month break sad but it will happen he will be sacked by next july

Sour mash there's a one year clause in the Argie barges contract so could well be sacked this time next summer . Serves him right . Footballs cruel sometimes but the futures bright the futures red and white . Pooch us deluded if he thinks the spuds are a prestigious special club . I was still at primary school when they last won the league . They had johnny hay es , greaves and white playing for them , they are unlikely to see that sort of success ever again .

I was just saying this to a friend, nige actually seemed like he was grateful to be here and he enjoyed it.

That's because he didn't have any higher ambitions. If he'd taken us to eighth and bigger clubs were circling he'd have to reconsider what he was capable of and look at his options, same as Pochettino or any other coach. Not everybody would go out of the door as quickly as MP, mind.

Lallana's the same. He's considered it an honour to play for Southampton in the Premier League but now he's performing at a higher level he's adjusted his ambitions and that will involve moving on to a bigger club, be that this summer or another time.

Do we get compensation? Or as he's resigned we're not entitled ?

He's paid the £2m. The Guardian article mentioned that a deal was agreed last week but the announcement was delayed while we arranged compensation.

Edited by DuncanRG

That's because he didn't have any higher ambitions. If he'd taken us to eighth and bigger clubs were circling he'd have to reconsider what he was capable of and look at his options, same as Pochettino or any other coach. Not everybody would go out of the door as quickly as MP, mind.

Lallana's the same. He's considered it an honour to play for Southampton in the Premier League but now he's performing at a higher level he's adjusted his ambitions and that will involve moving on to a bigger club, be that this summer or another time.

He's paid the £2m. The Guardian article mentioned that a deal was agreed last week but the announcement was delayed while we arranged compensation.

But its perception, something that does matter to fans, that the person respects and values the opportunity to be part of the club. Don't think anyone would suggest Lallana doesn't tick that box, Pochettino never really did.

Onwards and upwards.

I look forward to the last game of next season with Spurs needing 3 points away at St Mary's for CL qualification.

I don't know which of, a last minute disputed RL equaliser or a 3-0 total football home win would give me the most pleasure. Either way, WTFWBLN?

COYR

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

Jumped ship at the first opportunity to a team that are effectively only one place higher than us (I'm taking Man U out of the equation as they will improve) we are better off without people who don't want to be here.

It's pretty galling that it's Spurs that are pillaging us again, I'll be furious if any of our players end up there with him.

Can't wait to play spurs now. Hope we smash them and MoPo is out on his ear within a year when he fails to live up to Spurs' ludicrous expectations...a club who think they are way above that they actually are. They won't get close to CL qual next year as there are too many sides that are simply much better than them and hence Poch will get the AVB treatment before too long.

so now the rumour is lallana is off to spurs

hope he doesn't as that will really p*** most of us off

on the other hand it might liberate us from the past, we can write them all off as arseholes and focus on the future.

Can we move this thread to the lounge or muppet forum he's no longer a saint . Thank you MOPO in your case as a certain presenter would say goodbye you are the weakest link

You don't half change your tune quickly, 24 hours ago he was the best thing since sliced bread now he is just some Argie. You are the ultimate head in the sand merchant

The fact he has a 5 year contract (Rodgers only got 3!) shows perhaps Saints gave him a good proposition and Spurs had to up theirs to get him.

Salary wise yes

But the crux of the matter has always been Investment. Katharina told Pochettino exactly what she told Cortese NO further Investment

That is why he has left. Southampton, under Katharina no longer has AMBITION

Under her leadership, what had been achieved under Markus's 5 year Project has already started to crumble back into dust

I do not think Markus would have wanted that. Thanks to her Non ambition, we have lost 2 very very good people (Cortese and Pochettino) who were driving SFC Forward

She is now driving us Backward. I can't wait for her spiel about "we tried hard to keep him"

You won't get very good odds against us being relegated next season. ( I've already checked )

Bad Day At Black Rock

Edited by SaintRichmond
removing underlining

Jumped ship at the first opportunity to a team that are effectively only one place higher than us (I'm taking Man U out of the equation as they will improve) we are better off without people who don't want to be here.

It's pretty galling that it's Spurs that are pillaging us again, I'll be furious if any of our players end up there with him.

Can't wait to play spurs now. Hope we smash them and MoPo is out on his ear within a year when he fails to live up to Spurs' ludicrous expectations...a club who think they are way above that they actually are. They won't get close to CL qual next year as there are too many sides that are simply much better than them and hence Poch will get the AVB treatment before too long.

Spuds have taken two managers from us and stolen our song. I hope we stuff them just as we did a few years back at WHL when Hoddle was there and Beats scored two goals in our 1-3 away win. That was a magic day.

@FitzhughFella When you had your catch up with Ralph, did you tell him what it was like down here when Spurs bent us over for Hoddle and Richards? Just wondering if he's aware we've been pillaged by those ****s in the past before he sells the family silver to them. If you didn't, would you mind getting on the blower and telling him? He keeps talking about our great past but at the moment we're half way to recreating one of the worst bits.

They smell blood in the water. Just like the rest of the English football community. Feeding frenzy ahead.

However, if our much excused "what can they do if his head has been turned?" board didnt get a clause inserted into the agreement preventing Spurs going back for our players for at least 1 year as Hoddle did for Dean Richards, they really are grade "A" numpties and I fear for the future of our club with them at the helm.

Ok - I am prepared to get slated for this but although the players loved him and I thought he did well, I think that he isn't as great as it seems when you analyse our season for the following reasons:

1. He had 4 England internationals and 6 other internationals at his disposal- 8th should have been the minimum he achieved!

2. In a number of games he started Jos and Fox together- any saints fan could tell you that would be a disaster!

3. We lost more points from winning positions than any other team this season

4. We rolled over twice to a poor Sunderland team in both cups

5. He failed miserably with his management of our supposed star player in Osvaldo

6. In a large number of matches I watched us have huge amounts of possession and fail to turn this into goals

7. The Sunderland and Spurs away games saw us 2-0 up in both and instead of closing those games out we allowed both teams to get back into the game. Once this happened we rolled over in both matches and had no way of stemming the tide.

8. He let Puncheon go who I think would have been a great option in a number of matches and I think we will regret letting him go

I therefore think there are a number of managers out there that would continue to improve us and that he will fail in his new project at spurs (I hope!!)

Somewhat negative and pessimistic but makes some good points.

http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/sport/11239113._/?

Excellent article. At the Awards Dinner Krueger told me he thought the Spurs links were "media driven" when it was clear they weren't and that MP was stalling.

Can't blame the Board for MP choosing to move, but you can blame them for the way they publically handled it (or in reality didn't handle it).

Naive at best, out of their depth at worst.

Time to give Lovren Wanyama and sneiderlin good pay rises and get them tied down. The way certain of our players have not heard anything about their contracts may point to the fact the club knew the manager was going and did not want to sign them up in case a new man did not rate them

Salary wise yes

But the crux of the matter has always been Investment. Katharina told Pochettino exactly what she told Cortese NO further Investment

That is why he has left. Southampton, under Katharina no longer has AMBITION

Under her leadership, what had been achieved under Markus's 5 year Project has already started to crumble back into dust

I do not think Markus would have wanted that. Thanks to her Non ambition, we have lost 2 very very good people (Cortese and Pochettino) who were driving SFC Forward

She is now driving us Backward. I can't wait for her spiel about "we tried hard to keep him"

You won't get very good odds against us being relegated next season. ( I've already checked )

Bad Day At Black Rock

LMFAO

Stuff you've made up in your head and convinced yourself is true, is now laid out as fact.

Interestingly you decide that you know what a man who has been dead four years , that you never met, would have wanted over and above his own daughter.

You won't enjoy this summer, a few more departures to go yet - But guess what - We will be just fine.