Pochettino Joining Spurs (Official)

Saint Matty 76

Which players would be alluding to there then?

do you think Morgan came to southampton because it is close to france

or jrod came here from up north as he always wanted to live near the bargate?

come on, they all use us as a stepping stone. That and we offer serious ££££££££

Which players would be alluding to there then?

Lets be honest every player we have had bar one who was any good did exactly the same and will do in the future.

The same will apply to any new manager that does well. People need to face facts here and stop all the toy throwing. We are not and never will e in a position to challenge the big boys thus anybody who does well for us will be off.

Poch did well and possibly raised the value of some of our players which the club will sell this summer, I hope they don't but the reality is we will not keep hold of them.

Maybe the board don't have a clue but I doubt they could keep him if the spuds are offering much better options.

People need to chill and lets see what happens, if we appoint a Hughton or the like then we could be in trouble.

Lallana? Lambert? Fonte? Schneiderlin? Don't tar this players with the same brush as pochettino

Those of you having a pop at the board.. What are they meant to do if he wants out? No person is bigger than the club and we should never keep anyone that doesn't want to be here.

And that is how it is. I can understand people being upset but let's move on and get behind the next manager and the team.

do you think Morgan came to southampton because it is close to france

or jrod came here from up north as he always wanted to live near the bargate?

come on, they all use us as a stepping stone. That and we offer serious ££££££££

Morgan has been with the club when we went down to league one and back to the premiership some supporters do easily forget the contribution made by some of the current playing staff. Kelvin Davis turned down west ham who at the time where in the premiership to stay at saints playing league one football

Morgan has been with the club when we went down to league one and back to the premiership some supporters do easily forget the contribution made by some of the current playing staff. Kelvin Davis turned down west ham who at the time where in the premiership to stay at saints playing league one football

yeah. but he will be off like a shot if arsenal came in and had a bid accepted.

Every club in the Premiership is a stepping stone bar the top four and even they cannot hold onto players if they want to go!....Van Persie from Arsenal to Man Utd......its the way of football, nothing stands still. We still have our club and we will still have a team to support.....part of me thinks this might just rattle KL who "might" think "i'm not going to let everything my dad built here dissappear"....i can see a scenario where we tempt a big name manager here with the promise of every £ of any transfer fee we might get and more....just a hunch.....but whatever we still have our club......want to trade places with Portsmouth???

Every club in the Premiership is a stepping stone bar the top four and even they cannot hold onto players if they want to go!....Van Persie from Arsenal to Man Utd......its the way of football, nothing stands still. We still have our club and we will still have a team to support.....part of me thinks this might just rattle KL who "might" think "i'm not going to let everything my dad built here dissappear"....i can see a scenario where we tempt a big name manager here with the promise of every £ of any transfer fee we might get and more....just a hunch.....but whatever we still have our club......want to trade places with Portsmouth???

Good post

The way some are reacting you'd think we were in Portsmouth's position:lol:

Oohhhh eerrrrrrr real bad day on Saintsweb I see. Poch has packed his bags and left for London, meanwhile nobody noticed Glasgow Saint sneaking in the back door.

This place goes into meltdown, apparently the board are rotten to the core and don't have a clue.

My bet is something like this, on 16 August 2014, 12 blokes in red and white (stripes?) will take the field and the crowd will go mental. They have done for the last 100 years and will do for the next 100 years.

Some of you need to calm down, they journey is not for 5 years, it's for life.

Has been great football under his management, but that's no small part to the great crop of players he has had to choose from. I think he is a really good manager but I truly hope he flops there.... COYR.

Bring on the Wally with the Brolly....

I always have had.......

Me too. Ever since the ****s threw spuds with razor blades embedded back in the 70's at WHL. Cowardly feckers and since then they have been a complete **** magnet.

Hoddle, Redknapp, in recent times to name but two. No doubt the horrible bstads will be singing the Poch song to us along with OWTS. I really really hope we do them next year. It might be a churlish reaction even infantile but they are one team I truly despise.

Well he can **** off as far as I'm concerned! We would never give anyone a 5 year contract. He can **** it up & get his contract paid up. He's gone for the cash!

I lost a lot of respect & faith in him at Sunderland in the FA Cup. That was his fault IMHO.

I will never forget Anders Svensson kicking Tottenhams arse in the FA Cup. Hope we get to do that to those arrogant ******s again.

We move on & I'm actually really pleased its over now.

When the LMA ask that managers get time remind them that it works 2 ways. MP has shown absolutely no loyalty to Saints whatsoever.

Hope he fails miserably!!

Edited by corky morris

Luckily the bottom half of the prem is absolutely horrendous, we should be ok surely? One thing the board must do now is wake up and realise the spine of our team could be gone by July, and either fight like hell and not get rogered again, or tell the new guy he has X to spend and get on and replace them. Probably gonna pay over the odds for them if they feature during the world cup but fek it.

Well he can **** off as far as I'm concerned! We would never give anyone a 5 year contract. He can **** it up & get his contract paid up. He's gone for the cash!

I lost a lot of respect & faith in him at Sunderland in the FA Cup. That was his fault IMHO.

I will never forget Anders Svensson kicking Tottenhams arse in the FA Cup. Hope we get to do that to those arrogant ******s again.

We move on & I'm actually really pleased its over now.

When the LMA ask that managers get time remind them that it works 2 ways. MP has shown absolutely no loyalty to Saints whatsoever.

Hope he fails miserably!!

It was a difficult conversation with my 6 year old boy but I was able to teach him the importance of loyalty and how to conduct yourself to the people who sang your name for 18 months.

so.... this is how NA felt when he got the sack. we were always due a bit of bad karma for the way we handled that episode

I know it is a results business at the end of the day and Nigels results weren't great in the PL but it does leave a sour taste that we got rid of a guy who came across as loyal and genuinely thankful for being our manager. A guy that came across as being as much a part of the whole set up as the fans and replaced him with guy who really wasn't that bothered about saints at all and blew us off at the first opportunity.

Oh well, such s life. There is no loyality in football, none, nowhere. Most would sell their granny if they had to. Mopo had probably never heard of us two years ago. He has just used sfc as a steppingstone to more cash. Thanks to the EPL being awash with cash we have nothing more than mercenaries willing to sell their sole to the highest bidder. Not renewing my ST, not because of mopo going but just getting sick of what is ruining the game. Going to pick and chose my games next year.

It's a sad day for saints . But tomorrow we brush ourselves down and start again .

I hadn't realised the MP contract is a 5 year contract with a one year break clause , he gave sherwood a three year with a six month break sad but it will happen he will be sacked by next july.

So he does not have secure employment after all .

MLT has tweeted a picture of the saints badge and has said it's the name on the front that is important not the name on the back

Matt at ted bates nick Holmes and the likes of terry pain who stand for loyalty and dedication to football . Thank you Matt I needed cheering up .

Those that have a pop at the board are wrong . But like Weston said now is the time for the board to show the fans the remain resolute on moving Southampton forward . Next season ifinishing above spuds will make my season .

I laugh at mugs who still think that professional sportsmen are still expected to show some kind of loyalty to a fan base. They won't and never will. It's a business (as they say in the NFL) , players, managers, media, everyone treats it as a business and cest la vie. Poch came here, did a very good job, bought some good players, improved those we had and brought on some of the younger ones like Shaw, Chambers and Gallagher. He's moved on to better his career (maybe) and so likely will Shaw and Adam both of whom are good enough to play at the top level in the CL. We are where we are in the scheme of things (along with 10-15 other clubs) so let's hope whoever comes in continues the good work Poch started and we have another top 10 finish next season

Personally I wish him well as I do all the players who've played for us or managers who've coached us

We were in administration a few years back looking for Paul Allens yacht and Barry the Briefcase so let's face it we've had it a LOT worse than this

Ah well, don't let a bitter taste at the end ruin the memory of our best ever season of football. Pochettino is the best manager we've had in my time supporting saints, but we move on.

Don't not renew season tickets. We are the club, and we'll always be here. We are still arguably the best available job in Europe - I'm interested to see who takes charge in the next chapter of supporting Saints.

Just hope we smash Spurs next season!