Pochettino Joining Spurs (Official)

Saint Matty 76

Impossible to know whether it was a lack of boardroom ambition or Poch just not wanting to be here any more.

What can Spurs realistically offer him other than a Europa League spot he couldn't give 2 sh*ts about. They must have promised him a healthy transfer kitty to get into the champions league I guess.

Impossible to know whether it was a lack of boardroom ambition or Poch just not wanting to be here any more.

What can Spurs realistically offer him other than a Europa League spot he couldn't give 2 sh*ts about. They must have promised him a healthy transfer kitty to get into the champions league I guess.

They can offer him 6 months of work and a f-ing ton of settlement cash is what.

Erm why have we accepted his resignation? If they want him we should have got compensation. Yet another amateurish decision from the new directors.

Do talk sense, we'll have got compensation, and therefore in effect been paid to accept his resignation

"my priority now is to bring some stability and calm to the workings of the club

I am absolutely committed to ensuring that the club continues this success. I have met our manager Mauricio Pochettino and have given him my complete support to build on the good work that has already been achieved

Finally, let me say this. I will ensure that all decisions made about the future of the club will be in the best interests of its staff, players, management and fans"

Anyone still believe this ****?

Lol, you're spot on. Wait for the next round of statements from Mountie man.

Goodbye MP - now f**K off and get the sack at Spurs. What an absolute scumbag and how long has he been planning this?

As for the bedwetters....get a life. People (players and managers) will come and go but the club will still be here long after they have gone

I hope this doesn't open the floodgates for others to leave. What's the point of having Billionaire owners if you can't hold on to your assets?

let someone prove to me that our owner is a billionaire, it's all I ask, and have been asking these last 5 years. It's paper talk based on incorrect supposition and doubtful extrapolation.

Can't knock him too much until you know why he left. My guess would be lack of say around player sales and insufficient funds to replace those that will go.

I'm sure his bus ride to wembley with Ralf didn't help, I'd want to leave after an ordeal like that.

"my priority now is to bring some stability and calm to the workings of the club

I am absolutely committed to ensuring that the club continues this success. I have met our manager Mauricio Pochettino and have given him my complete support to build on the good work that has already been achieved

Finally, let me say this. I will ensure that all decisions made about the future of the club will be in the best interests of its staff, players, management and fans"

Anyone still believe this ****?

Actions speak louder then words.

There has been no positive action since Cortese left.

Can't knock him too much until you know why he left. My guess would be lack of say around player sales and insufficient funds to replace those that will go.

My guess would be a huge increase in wages and a much bigger/more recognised club. :lol:

Saint Charlie, gets his statement.

Still wets the bed over it.

Anyone would think you like a moan.

Do you not think it's mostly bull****? It's all US Corporation speak, no meaning, no explanation, just hollow words about visions and ambition - in the very same statement that announces the ambitious Manager, perfect for the club, has resigned.

I note he resigned as opposed to them allowing him to speak to Spurs

A lot of hate directed at the board,for all we know they tried there hardest to keep him,but his final choice was he wanted out

The statement says we will be looking for a high calibre manager to take us on,let's wait and see what they do next as for me the manager is the real statement of intent

It isn't beyond the grounds of possibility that we could appoint a better manager than Pochettino. So here's hoping that we do just that and laugh like drains when Pochettino realises too late that Spurs is the poison chalice and that he will rue the day that he left Saints. Expectations here were moderate and he enhanced his reputation to put himself in the frame for bigger things. That reputation will probably be taking the hit that AVB's did recently, when he fails to get them into the top four this coming season.

Alex Crook

When not IF that shaw goes

Lallana will decide after the World Cup

MP resigned so that no deals could be negotiated WRT to coming back for players

YAKIN is an interesting choice but Yakin has been in touch with Saints and they are an exciting proposition. Will look at their players in the world cup

Saints need to act quickly before more players leave

I see the usual cohort are having a pop at the board

I bet they tried their best to keep him , I wouldnt be suprised if cortesse was behind some of the reasoning behind him leaving the club

I wish him well and thank him for what he has done for us. but I really really believe he has made a terrible mistake.

He will not last 5 years there,

You have made your bed pooch now lie in it

You have let down many thousands of saints fans including me

We are a family club and we believed in loyalty . If you think the grass is greener on the other side. you have a major shock coming to you

....... no meaning, no explanation, just hollow words about visions and ambition .......

Pretty much like the crap you and Crab Lungs insist on deluging us with!

How you can, in all conscience, think of yourselves fans is beyond me.

You're just the mad nutters dancing around the pyre

Knew from when he came to the club he would one day desert us and leave with all his back up team. This scumbag not only screwed us but all the players, youngsters who truly believed in him.

"Long may you struggle Mister Pinocchio, liar, con, fraudster. May Hoddle's Karma be pittance in comparison to the hell on earth Karma your betrayal bring you."

Knew from when he came to the club he would one day desert us and leave with all his back up team. This scumbag not only screwed us but all the players, youngsters who truly believed in him.

"Long may you struggle Mister Pinocchio, liar, con, fraudster. May Hoddle's Karma be pittance in comparison to the hell on earth Karma your betrayal bring you."

lol

on the other hand, we would be demanding his head on a stick (well, most) had we finished bottom of the league this season

When someone wants to leave, they only have year left on their contract and a £2m release clause then there ain't much you can do.

I thought it was pretty shtity to blow out Adkins the way we did, but the line was we had to to push ourselves on, and I think it's pretty shtity the way MoPo has blown us out in order to push himself on. It works both ways.

Disappointed he has left so soon, but the only thing that matters now is who replaces him.

I think MP got an offer (or more than one, but considered this one), got to the end of the season, asked Kruger "what's the big idea", Ralph said "err...err...this!", MP didn't enjoy the reply, called his agent, negotiated, asked his staff and off we go!

I'm worried about how this was openly discussed in the media. Maybe an indication that if it is Saints related and pops up on the BBC, it may actually, really be happening?

Also I wonder if Reed's statement at the end of the season came as a result of this too. Maybe he could smell the coffee, and tried to show commitment to Mauricio (clearly not enough to convince him of the rest of the boards commitment)?

Anyway, life goes on.

Pretty much like the crap you and Crab Lungs insist on deluging us with!

How you can, in all conscience, think of yourselves fans is beyond me.

You're just the mad nutters dancing around the pyre

Haha, I've said all along MP would go, when others insisted he would stay. I am a massive Saints fan, just concerned at the moment because the Club isn't being led by those with the right expertise, which deep down everyone knows.

Really would like a crystal ball to see if in an alternate world where cortèse was still running the kingdom whether he'd have gone. If there's ambition in Krueger and co hopefully they'll land a highly rated young manager who shares much of potchettino philosophy and commitment to young players to stop an exodus. Of the more budget contenders I assume they'll be perusing Sherwood would get my vote.

I see minds are already adjusting to the new reality ;)

Win-win for him. Like it or not, it'll be seen by much of the media as a promotion. No-one will think too badly of him if he loses his job there. And there's the money.

Don't think there is much the board could have done. Nevertheless, Southampton is a fantastic opportunity for a manager. Let's hope the next one we get is a bit more loyal, eh?