Still no statement from the club !?

simo

{B]They should at least confirm that they have given Poch permission to speak with Tottenham[/b] and give an insight into what their plans are now. Clearly the situation with Pochettino is no longer "comfortable" so what exactly are they doing?

I'm less fussed about what they tell the fans and more worried about the fact that the manager is walking and players want to leave or are saying that they don't know what to expect. The only excuse for that is that they are reacting to things as they happen rather than having a proper strategy in place themselves.

Here's a thought - based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever -that perhaps they haven't given Spurs permission (doubtful, but work with me here).

They are aware that he is talking to them, but at this stage are waiting to see how things pan out. If he agrees terms with Spurs, perhaps that would then be the time to issue a statement they will be reporting Spuds to the FA for an illegal approach and will be seeking punishment under the rules and full redress.

I can't think of any circumstances where a club would think it advantageous or politic to announce they have agreed to let their manager talk to another club. Can you imagine the uproar on here if they blithely admitted they had let Poch speak to Spuds?

"Southampton FC have announced they have given their manager permission to talk to Tottenham. He is currently discussing terms with them, but while we wish to point out that while we don't want Mauricio to go and we really would like him to stay, there is little we can do about it. But we thought you would like to know that."

When it comes to issuing a statement, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. In picking the lesser of two evils, it's probably better to stay schtum at this stage.

Here's a thought - based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever -that perhaps they haven't given Spurs permission (doubtful, but work with me here).

When it comes to issuing a statement, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. In picking the lesser of two evils, it's probably better to stay schtum at this stage.

Careful, such a sensible and open-minded approach won't go down amongst those who've convicted our board of incompetence already based on purely third-hand (at best) information.

No kit

Crap main sponsor

No Manager

Vultures circling for our best players

Sacked youth trainers hugely respected throughout the club heirarchy

What else do you need ?

If we still had a radio station, that would go tits up too. Cant answer if the catering quality has plummeted.

Oh, and that stupid, stupid, STUPID statement about financial difficulties.....

Crap main sponsor ??? I thought we had moved away from aap

Mmmm

What? It is true, just because a load of numptys on here haven't done any research and don't recognise it yet. Looking into the company it's clearly on an upward trajectory with a lot of other PR expansion ideas being pushed like the Ayrton Senna stuff they are doing. Some on here are obviously dissapointed its not jobsite or Wonga.com. A recognised name means F-all it's about what dough the company pays to sponsor. But this is a topic already on another thread so my bad.

Crap main sponsor ??? I thought we had moved away from aap

No idea what the value of the deal is and I guess it is not as generous as some Prem club deals.

However it appears that the company owners are keen Saints fans and it is rather disrespectful to them to indicate their involvement is 'crap'!!

Its all a bit up in the air. I don't mind the manager going or even a couple of the big players, but when Katherine Leibherr starts making us play in pants and vests she has gone too far. Cant someone stop this mental cow?

Its all a bit up in the air. I don't mind the manager going or even a couple of the big players, but when Katherine Leibherr starts making us play in pants and vests she has gone too far. Cant someone stop this mental cow?

bit uncalled for, even to the KLsceptics among us.

I thought the kit won't be released until the 1st July when the Veho sponsorship starts. Aap are still legally the kit sponsor until then so they cannot release the new kit yet.

jesus, of all the things that are going on, to try and beat the board over the head with this is just pathetic. Anyone who does is quite simply a pillock.

Any chance in asking him to honour his contract?

Perhaps his contract has a realise clause. The papers are reporting there's a £2mil compensation clause, which people were hailing Nicola for inserting.

The other scenario that nobody seems to have taken into account is that he agreed to stay on when Nicola went provided he could pursue other options at the end of the season.

At the end of the day there's not a lot the board can do if a manager wants to go, not that that stops people moaning about the board.

I do agree that it is very difficult to get the balance of any statement correct whilst negotiations are still continuing. However I do think that the players and, to a lesser extent, the fans need some reassurance and sense of direction. I would suggest something along these lines:

"Southampton Football Club are disappointed that our present manager is currently in talks with another club. We wish to place on record that, if necessary, the club will act with urgency to rectify the situation and that no player transactions will be considered until a new manager is in place. We will take all necessary steps to ensure the Southampton Football Club enter the 2014/2015 season from a position of strength and ready to move forward."

Not perfect but I really do think the silence is disconcerting.

If this is all true, Pochettino is the past and what matters is the future but its hard to have any confidence in a Board that failed to announce that THFC had been given permission to speak to our Head Coach about moving clubs and which has failed to make any statements about its intention over player bids. The silence looks like weakness to many people, including possibly the players, which could be more damaging to the club's future direction. To make this comment isn't 'illogical' or 'hysterical' but is a reasonable conclusion to draw from the absence of any evidence to the contrary. Does this board have the ability to attract a quality replacement for Pochettino? Will it allow players to leave who have 3 years left on their contracts? We will know soon enough. BTW, wonder how the season ticket renewals are going.....

The problem is here, Cortese had the Club running so well with everything ticking over like a well oiled machine, I'd say back in October Katrina and Ralph got the impression that anyone could do it......I'm guessing they're finding out out it aint quite so easy.

Rudderless ship. Les Reed is a coach ( and from an FA background..) and is inexperienced in these matters. Unfortunately he has a large ego and enough bluff and bluster to convince the owners otherwise. Not a good start to the summer.

No idea what the value of the deal is and I guess it is not as generous as some Prem club deals.

However it appears that the company owners are keen Saints fans and it is rather disrespectful to them to indicate their involvement is 'crap'!!

Sorry if you are quoting my post, it has been mis read I know it is not a crap company, it is a very forward moving profitable company

What? It is true, just because a load of numptys on here haven't done any research and don't recognise it yet. Looking into the company it's clearly on an upward trajectory with a lot of other PR expansion ideas being pushed like the Ayrton Senna stuff they are doing. Some on here are obviously dissapointed its not jobsite or Wonga.com. A recognised name means F-all it's about what dough the company pays to sponsor. But this is a topic already on another thread so my bad.

I agree

ok not crap' date=' just underwhelming[/quote']

Wasn't underwhelming to me, I've seen their products on amazon and thought they looked decent. I was pleased to find out that they were based nearby and as a massive bonus, are Saints fans.

It would have been nice if they could have added something along the lines of "we would like to thank mopo for all his work and acheivements and wish him well in the future" etc etc.

There is a right and wrong way to handle these situations.

It would have been nice if they could have added something along the lines of "we would like to thank mopo for all his work and acheivements and wish him well in the future" etc etc.

That is quite telling that it is missing.

Nah, why would you be nice to someone who has shafted you? He did his job, did it well then moved on before the end of his contract when a bigger club came calling, don't blame him for that but if the club have offered him an improved contract and a nice warchest to spend on players which he then used his agent to negotiate a better deal with Spurs why should the club then be all nicey nice to him? It probably hurt them, in time they might appreciate what he's done but for now he's caused upheaval so I'm not surprised they haven't thanked him.

spurs might have been a big club fifty odd years ago , but they are a middle of the road club now.

They are an established top 5 club and will provide a real/new challenge for MP.

Spurs have finished 4th - 6th place over the last 5 seasons, so to be successful MP surely needs to improve on that? I'm not sure he can or will.

2009–10 - finished 4th + SF of FA Cup

2010–11 - finished 5th + QF of the CL

2011–12 - finished 4th + SF of FA Cup

2012–13 - finished 5th + QF of the EL

2013–14 - finished 6th + R16 of EL

Will be tough for MP to improve on this as United will be stronger next season (I suspect). Spurs will expect top 4 and a decent run in Europe + domestic cups, i'm not convinced he will deliver.

They are an established top 5 club and will provide a real/new challenge for MP.

Spurs have finished 4th - 6th place over the last 5 seasons, so to be successful MP surely needs to improve on that? I'm not sure he can or will.

2009–10 - finished 4th + SF of FA Cup

2010–11 - finished 5th + QF of the CL

2011–12 - finished 4th + SF of FA Cup

2012–13 - finished 5th + QF of the EL

2013–14 - finished 6th + R16 of EL

Will be tough for MP to improve on this as United will be stronger next season (I suspect). Spurs will expect top 4 and a decent run in Europe + domestic cups, i'm not convinced he will deliver.

Will Utd be stronger ? No-one can possibly know that really. They've got Van Gaal but whether he's what they need or not who can say. He wasn't ther first choice apparently but Del Bosque turned them down. If he thinks he can do wel in the PL by flooding his side with Dutchmen then perhaps he has another shock coming. I fully expect Spurs to finish Top 5 next year and with a bit of a push perhaps they'll even sneak above Arsenal.

Is that supposed to be humour of some kind? Sort yourself out mate.