Clyne on Poch and Uncertainty in Squad

Saint Charlie

Unbelievable Jeff.

Much was made of the fact that the season began on the Monday following the united game.

Seriously, you only have to look at activity at other clubs to realise that the big strategic decisions are made in the first few weeks of postseason and the rest of the summer is spent implementing them. That the players are away is utterly irrelevant - they're not setting the direction of the club.

If anything, this is the absolute worst time for anyone at strategic level to be away. Never mind that in our case, resolving the manager situation, our number one priority, was deliberately postponed till this time.

Perhaps.

God I wish I had chosen a better ****ing name.

Toon saint

I only mentioned that the Canadians have a celebration of Excellence for their winter olympics as one alternative reason for RK being over there , to counter act the comment he was on holdiday , as well as suporting Fitzhugh original post.

He might have been there for family reasons, business and in fact he might actually have returned to the UK ,

Wherebver he is , there is VC , skpye and a whole range of media technology he can use to keep in contact with the club

That's not an answer. Give me some dates. The rest of the team are away, why shouldn't he be? At least in this situation we can't accept any offers if he is integral to that decision.

Some dates? Well what about September 1st onwards, once the transfer window has 'slammed shut' and the situation with managers and players has been resolved. He has only been in the job just over two months so not sure why he has to be away now. Shurlock's post (above) explains very well just how significant this period is for us as a club.

I'm surprised that you are so relaxed about our Chairman not being around to make the most important strategic decisions, given how apoplectic you were about us not having signed a striker in time for pre-season training camp last year (after we had spent £20m!)? You seem to walk a rather perilous tightrope in defining what is hysterical and what is not.

Some dates? Well what about September 1st onwards, once the transfer window has 'slammed shut' and the situation with managers and players has been resolved. He has only been in the job just over two months so not sure why he has to be away now. Shurlock's post (above) explains very well just how significant this period is for us as a club.

I'm surprised that you are so relaxed about our Chairman not being around to make the most important strategic decisions, given how apoplectic you were about us not having signed a striker in time for pre-season training camp last year (after we had spent £20m!)? You seem to walk a rather perilous tightrope in defining what is hysterical and what is not.

As I said to you previously (you seem to keep going on about it even though I admitted it was over the top), I learnt from my mistakes, whereas you seem to be the complete opposite. I have grown, you seem to have regressed, but then that's what teen hormones do to you.

I have grown

:lol: I am glad you think so well of yourself.

What 'mistakes' have I made? I have some serious misgivings about the direction of the board and their ability to communicate ambition effectively with players, fans, and management staff. The loss of Poch is a material consequence of that and not some folly I have invented. You only have to look at the opinions of journalists closest to the club - who perceive the current set-up to be something of a 'rudderless ship' - to sense that there is a serious void at the club right now and a lack of public leadership. Almost every first-team player (Clyne, JWP, Fonte, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, J-Rod) has come out and openly talked of the uncertainty at the club to journalists. In order to shift that negative perception and turn the players onside, Ralph and co. need to take decisive action (not helped if he is not in the country) and appoint a new manager swiftly while demonstrating some ambition in the transfer window. This will be a massive challenge for the board and I'm more than happy to eat my words and be proved wrong, but currently, I don't have much faith in them sorting it out.

The last couple of months have been a disaster. Who knows what is in store now but it will take a lot to turn momentum back in our favour.

I did warn of this. It's horrible and could have been so different

Deary me - is this thread plumbing new depths of hysteria or what?

I'm with the last one. As of this minute, absolutely nothing other than speculation has happened.

Oh dear. Another relapse.

Back to Hoddle Anonymous for you.

Mind you with all those who are supposed to be leaving 17th wouldn't be too bad for us next season.

Looks as if, just like WBA and Swansea, we'll have one very respectable season and then implode because of lack of ambition from the board.

I'm with the last one. As of this minute, absolutely nothing other than speculation has happened.

other than St Charlie and friends coming on here at every opportunity to post links to newspaper speculation and attempt to whip up anti-board feeling.

here we go, the end is nigh, this wouldn't have happened if Cortese was here, waaaaaaah waaaaah . dry your eyes chaps. i can imagine Charlie stomping his feet shouting "its not fair"

Of more concern at the moment is the potential uncertainty with key members of the England and other international squads - whipped up by the press and various opportunist bids from major Euro League clubs - begs the question as to whether in future the transfer window should be delayed until after the tournament in a World Cup year