Katharina Leibherr

SaintRichmond

Hi Gemmel....interesting, I don't think I've seen Markus's "end game" target posted on here before? (perhaps it has and I've missed it?). I've always wondered if we'd ever know whether or not Katherina was matching or curtailing her father's vision for the club.

If it's it's true that Markus never saw us being more than a mid-table club (and I have no reason to doubt what you say) and Katherina is simple following her father's wishes, then we were never going to be in a position to retain our best players, Pochettino or Cortese as they have higher aspirations than the club that Markus bought and that Katharina inherited.

When Cortese was describing how the purchase came to be he said that Markus asked him to turn the club into a mid table Premiership team. Cortese replied that he could not do that and stop at mid table - and Markus replied "Do what you've got to do".

That interview will still be around to watch - I think it was on the BBC.

Similar post from you on a par with Richmond's opener. You labour under the impression that you know more about a deceased man's dreams and plans than his own daughter. Weird.

And you labour under the impression that his daughter is going to sanction another five year " Project" anything remotely resembling what Markus's has been

She says she tried very hard to keep Cortese. Yes, but only on her frugal terms. Ditto with Pochettino

Anyone who cannot see that our "future" will be as different as chalk is to cheese is living in cloud cuckoo land

Markus wanted success, and in the short time he was with us, you could see that it was happening

Under Cortese's guidance, Markus's five year project was fulfilled, honoured by Katharina in her Fathers name

Markus's five year project ended. Now (literally) a completely different ball game

IMHO Katharinas "Ambitions" for SFC are nowhere near what Markus's was. HIS dream got us Cortese and Pochettino. It was his Dream sold to them

The dream is no longer there, and that is why Cortese and Pochettino are not there also

I for one dread what our future now holds

And you labour under the impression that his daughter is going to sanction another five year " Project" anything remotely resembling what Markus's has been

She says she tried very hard to keep Cortese. Yes, but only on her frugal terms. Ditto with Pochettino

Anyone who cannot see that our "future" will be as different as chalk is to cheese is living in cloud cuckoo land

Markus wanted success, and in the short time he was with us, you could see that it was happening

Under Cortese's guidance, Markus's five year project was fulfilled, honoured by Katharina in her Fathers name

Markus's five year project ended. Now (literally) a completely different ball game

IMHO Katharinas "Ambitions" for SFC are nowhere near what Markus's was. HIS dream got us Cortese and Pochettino. It was his Dream sold to them

The dream is no longer there, and that is why Cortese and Pochettino are not there also

I for one dread what our future now holds

So this whole thread is a 'I don't think Kat will invest as much money now as the previously unsustainable spending'?

With that I agree, and I don't blame her for that.

Some people are saying NC overspent the Liebherr money and so they now have to be more frugal...NCs spending has just yielded them £83 million for 8th place and players worth even more than that. I wouldn't mind that sort of return on an investment. The 'project' was working perfectly, why cut back?

Some people are saying NC overspent the Liebherr money and so they now have to be more frugal...NCs spending has just yielded them £83 million for 8th place and players worth even more than that. I wouldn't mind that sort of return on an investment. The 'project' was working perfectly, why cut back?

run out of money maybe...who knows. KL has presided over the sale or liquidation of everything else in the former ML empire, there must be a reason for that don't you think. Either the enterprises were loss making, they didn't interest her or she got excellent offers and decided to cash in. It's all very obscure really, the total legacy has been cashed in.

Seeing as my thread was deleted, I'll ask again :

How do we know the ultimate plan is not to effectively liquidate SFC ? Free up the cash ?

Well we don't, in fact we don't know very much at all. It's all just invective, speculation and rumour. We don't know how much money she really has, why everything else has been wound up etc etc. Just a case of wait and see and hope we come out of the wash in one piece.

Seeing as my thread was deleted, I'll ask again :

How do we know the ultimate plan is not to effectively liquidate SFC ? Free up the cash ?

Be fair! Would KL really bother turning up for so many games if she is solely an asset stripper. A more sensible debate might be on whether she wants to spend lots of cash on the club, and if she and more importantly her advisors are skilled in running a football club.

Be fair! Would KL really bother turning up for so many games if she is solely an asset stripper. A more sensible debate might be on whether she wants to spend lots of cash on the club, and if she and more importantly her advisors are skilled in running a football club.

I hope you are right, but why couldnt MALI be sold as a going concern ?

We will see in fairly short order, I guess. Going to be a loooong summer...

Who knows really, I turn up at functions in which I have absolutely no interest from time to time, it creates an air of harmony

within the group. Everyone knows that your average Southampton fan in extremely susceptible to what he or she thinks is right, what is the done thing. Not selling FFs books..baaad, no free parking...end of the world, not communicating with the fans..off with his head. We now have a mediameister at the helm, he probably just tells KL when and where to turn up.

I hope you are right, but why couldnt MALI be sold as a going concern ?

We will see in fairly short order, I guess. Going to be a loooong summer...

The club is worth more as a complete entity, so I think it's safe to say this isn't happening. In addition to this she'd have stopped work on the training ground etc, not employed a new board etc.

I'll make this quick before Turkish and CB Fry come along, accuse me of being drunk andi ignore what could bean interesting discussion to score a few playground points....

The question i would ask fans and wiser folk than me, is given that our turnover is getting close to 120 mil per annum, that this could grow a little more with improved commercial revenues (you promised us his Ralph), and that with such an excellent academy and potential of a young and developing squad, how far do you think that could take us with Poch at the helm, the style we play with a couple of experienced additions in the LOvren mould, luck and the wind in the right direction?

See its my belief that we could in the next couple of years, with that revenue (eg without further cash injections from KL) do even better than we have to date... IF there is the desire to do so, and the appropriate use of the budget.

I just dont think we need to spend any of her cash - we just need to spend what we earn and thus hold onto the likes of shaw for another couple of years and then sell him for 40mil when the next kid is ready.

What I would see as such a waste, is if Kruger and Kat don't have the imagination to see that, or the ability to get the likes of Poch and the players to believe in it.

NC may have proven to be full of sheidt with dreams of Champions league... who knows and who cares now, but if nothing else he got MP and the plying staff convinced to stay and believe it was possible.

With the insane TV money in the top flight, there's no excuse for getting into financial difficulty. I think we can live within our means and still improve and grow the club over the next 5 years or so. I prefer that to overspending and going the same route as every other club. If we have to sell a few then so be it, we've been up 2 seasons, it takes time. We've grown a huge amount in the last year or so and will do so with every season up there producing good young players.

Still prefer to see investment focused on the academy and infrastructure rather than the QPR style of giving it all to old millionaires on the way down.

This!

Personally I think this is a good existance. If/when we sell players, get a good price and re-invest it wisely. Then with the academy we should generally have a good team in the coming years.

I've a message for our owner. Sell the Club and sell quickly before you ruin your great fathers legacy.

Maybe walking away with £100mill in her pocket would make her father proud?

People have Marcus down as some Santa claus type figure who came to our rescue - he was a businessman investing in a business that he got for a knock-down price.