Sherwood Leaving Spurs

brett24

Pochettino has more managerial credentials than Sherwood, and they appointed him as a full time manager.

But Sherwood was already in the club and was the cheap option while they get their big name manager they want for the summer. That's not Pochettino, luckily for us. I will bet you, seriously.

In all this speculation. Few seem to be discussing whether poch would want to go to Spurs. I am not naive enough to think he would stay with us if a big club came calling, but Spurs... .? ok, a bigger club than Saints, but not a top 4 club are they? Basically spurs are one of the PL''s "almost" clubs

Why would he commit himself to them for the necessary 2 or 3 years rather than wait for Aresenal or Man U or a big foreign club in say 1 more year?

Pochettino is not stupid and he needs to make sure that this works for him on more levels than bigger pay check, bigger club etc.

His teams play with a signature style and he needs certain kinds of player to make it work. I don't see an abundance of "his kind of player" at Tottenham (or many of the other "big" clubs for that matter), which means he'd have to bring players in. And, with the Bale money spent, that might not be easy at Spurs.

I think he has also really enjoyed bringing younger players through at Southampton - something which, again, is not easy to replicate elsewhere.

Sure, I fear losing MP in the summer but I don't think it's anything like a foregone conclusion.

2 + 2. Speculation. MP is on record as saying he is focussing on the job in hand and thee is no great rush to sign a new contract as he has a year left on his contract he has also spoken about preparing for next season. Pity the journalist decided to be very subjective on how or what slant he puts on it - mind you I suppose it sells tomorrow's chip paper.

2 + 2. Speculation. MP is on record as saying he is focussing on the job in hand and thee is no great rush to sign a new contract as he has a year left on his contract he has also spoken about preparing for next season. Pity the journalist decided to be very subjective on how or what slant he puts on it - mind you I suppose it sells tomorrow's chip paper.

Exactly. And articles like that could be sourced from Poch ' s agent to get him a better deal from Saints.

I find it incredibly unlikely Spurs would approach Poch. They will want a big name, not someone with nothing but mid-table to bottom half finishes to his name. Would be a gigantic gamble for Levy after AVB and Sherwood.